Nurideen Lindsey - PG - Redlands CC - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 402 replies

redslope

Re: Nurideen Lindsey - PG - Redlands CC - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #200 on: April 19, 2011, 05:14:53 PM »
Redslope, can you post a link to the article in the Post please?

Sorry Poison but technology challenged.  if you go to the NY Post website and click on archieves, you can get it by asking for steve lavin articles in sports this month and you will get Lenn Robbins article on the 16th.  GG has already visited Cin. and was going to Washington last week, then we get him to visit this week.  As Lenn says Steve is not going to be stopped by cancer.  Is this also a challenge to the Kentucky rumor monger and what he did to Louie???????

« Reply #201 on: April 19, 2011, 07:32:07 PM »
Redslope, can you post a link to the article in the Post please?

Sorry Poison but technology challenged.  if you go to the NY Post website and click on archieves, you can get it by asking for steve lavin articles in sports this month and you will get Lenn Robbins article on the 16th.  GG has already visited Cin. and was going to Washington last week, then we get him to visit this week.  As Lenn says Steve is not going to be stopped by cancer.  Is this also a challenge to the Kentucky rumor monger and what he did to Louie???????

Poison I think the article redslope is refering to was just posted on the gods gift thread
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #202 on: May 02, 2011, 04:53:03 PM »
Lindsey ranked no. 2 for incoming JUCO recruits.  Based on where they project in terms of success at the next level.  He is at no. 2 and GG at 24.

http://www.jucorecruiting.com/?page_id=434

« Reply #203 on: June 05, 2011, 10:03:51 AM »
Another Blurb on Lindsey on being a top JUCO transfer...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=jn-king_top_juco_transfers_in_college_basketball_060411

Nurideen Lindsey, St. John’s, PG – The nation’s second-ranked junior college prospect spent last season at Redlands Community College in El Reno, Okla. Prior to that, Lindsey spent three years away from basketball following the murder of his younger brother and the death of his best friend from cancer. Lindsey is a point guard who averaged 38 points as a high school junior in Philadelphia.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Poison

« Reply #204 on: June 05, 2011, 12:09:55 PM »
What do they mean 2nd ranked? Fools.

NYCoffey

« Reply #205 on: June 13, 2011, 11:34:57 AM »
I'm not sure what type of games hes playing in but Jon rothstien twittered this on June 11th.

JonRothstein Jon Rothstein
Word is @stj_basketball incoming PG Nurideen Lindsey has been unflappable recently while playing in Philadelphia...

« Reply #206 on: June 13, 2011, 11:42:43 AM »
I'm not sure what type of games hes playing in but Jon rothstien twittered this on June 11th.

Word is @stj_basketball incoming PG Nurideen Lindsey has been unflappable recently while playing in Philadelphia...

He could be playing in the Sonny Hill League.

derk

« Reply #207 on: June 13, 2011, 12:12:36 PM »

If that means he's tearing it up that's what I want to hear.

« Reply #208 on: June 13, 2011, 12:49:26 PM »

Kind of odd word to use to describe actual playing - maybe Nuri's demeanor, but not ballin' - I too hope he meant doing good....

« Reply #209 on: June 13, 2011, 01:15:06 PM »

Kind of odd word to use to describe actual playing - maybe Nuri's demeanor, but not ballin' - I too hope he meant doing good....

un·flap·pa·ble (n-flp-bl)
adj.
Persistently calm, whether when facing difficulties or experiencing success; not easily upset or excited.

Dont know if we should be upset or excited now.

« Reply #210 on: June 13, 2011, 04:07:32 PM »
C'mon now.
Means the brother is cool on the court. Mistakes to a minimum. Not turnin it over. Keepin his teammates in check. Not lettin peeps get by him on D.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Moose

« Reply #211 on: June 13, 2011, 04:19:43 PM »
So is he all caught up on his classes?  Is he taking classes in Philly to finish catching up so he has the 3 yrs of elibility left and is ready come Fall?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #212 on: June 13, 2011, 04:28:12 PM »
C'mon now.
Means the brother is cool on the court. Mistakes to a minimum. Not turnin it over. Keepin his teammates in check. Not lettin peeps get by him on D.

I agree with this
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #213 on: June 14, 2011, 07:19:37 AM »

un·flap·pa·ble (n-flp-bl)
adj.
Persistently calm, whether when facing difficulties or experiencing success; not easily upset or excited.

Dont know if we should be upset or excited now.
maybe we should be unflappable also :)

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #214 on: June 14, 2011, 11:17:02 AM »
You guys are analyzing the word unflappable.

Huh.

Rothstein's obviously paying him a compliment.

« Reply #215 on: June 14, 2011, 01:21:59 PM »
C'mon now.

You get all this from unflappable?

« Reply #216 on: June 14, 2011, 02:27:19 PM »
C'mon now.

What else would it mean on the basketball court?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

crgreen

« Reply #217 on: June 14, 2011, 11:52:53 PM »
C'mon now.

What else would it mean on the basketball court?

Unflappable + Basketball....what players does that immediately conjure up for you?  I read the term, and immediately thought of Oscar Robertson and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar....and Jerry West/Walt Frazier head to head.   Yes, I am an old coot....

MCNPA

« Reply #218 on: June 15, 2011, 07:49:35 AM »
So is he all caught up on his classes?  Is he taking classes in Philly to finish catching up so he has the 3 yrs of elibility left and is ready come Fall?

I don't know Moose, but he has been tweeting about being in NYC his future home and that hes at Rucker park today.  Doesn't seem he's all too worried about being qualified. 

« Reply #219 on: June 15, 2011, 08:56:46 AM »
Anyone going up to Rucker Park to see him play? Wish I was in the city to check him out. Would love to hear some analysis besides what we heard from posters after watching a grainy video feed of one game. Dave, KOB, Choz, Fordham, Moose, anyone?