Kelvin Amayo - G - NIA Prep - Newark, NJ - TOWSON

• 41 replies

jayro

Re: Kelvin Amayo - G - NIA Prep - Newark, NJ
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 07:31:02 PM »
Though I haven't seen him in person, the few clips I have seen lead me to believe he could have a place on the team.  He brings a real physicality and toughness to the guard position.  I don't know that he has a good outside shot-it would seem not- but I do like his ability to get to the hoop and then having the option of dishing it out to open shooters-whom we should have enough of without him being a high % shooter.  He won't have to start-but for a change up he could be valuable.  Would he be willing to come and not start-I would hope that he would have enough confidence to feel that he could earn the starting position.

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 10:33:35 PM »
Though I haven't seen him in person, the few clips I have seen lead me to believe he could have a place on the team.  He brings a real physicality and toughness to the guard position.  I don't know that he has a good outside shot-it would seem not- but I do like his ability to get to the hoop and then having the option of dishing it out to open shooters-whom we should have enough of without him being a high % shooter.  He won't have to start-but for a change up he could be valuable.  Would he be willing to come and not start-I would hope that he would have enough confidence to feel that he could earn the starting position.

Maybe, he's similiar to Anthony Glover.  As, you stated he won't be counted on to play big minutes and could turn out to be a valuable player down the road.

gonzalo

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 01:38:33 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/01/10/kelvin-amayo-drawing-interest/

“I have offers from Rutgers, Pittsburgh, Seton Hall, Colorado, Iowa State, some more schools,” Amayo, a Hillside, N.J. native, said during a break in the action. “Arizona State just came in today, so I don’t have no favorite right now.”

He added: “Pittsburgh and Rutgers are recruiting me the hardest.”

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 02:49:58 PM »
if im the hall i go hard after this kid
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 07:31:42 PM »
He sounds like Charles Jenkins---a strong, physical guard.  If he plays the point, I would love him as a replacement for Stith (assuming the rumors that Stith will transfer are true).

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2011, 05:00:08 PM »
[tweet]http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/status/51748277854552064[/tweet]

New Providence assistant Carmen Maciariello got in touch with 2011 guard Kelvin Amayo of NIA Prep (NJ) today.

gonzalo

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2011, 02:40:36 AM »
Now, Amayo is only a few months away from college and is being recruited heavily by a number of different schools. He is now down to “Oregon State, Seton Hall and Providence” with interest from Minnesota, Indiana and other schools.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/03/26/amayo-narrows-list-recruiting-rundown/

Moose

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2011, 12:16:57 PM »
Saw the kid at CYP last night. Kid is the goods.  Whatever program that gets him is getting a solid contributor late in the game.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2011, 03:43:04 PM »
I just get the feeling that if he chooses The Hall then hell be their next scorer, partly because he has the talent, and partly because hell get the opportunity to do so.

Moose

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2011, 03:49:42 PM »
I just get the feeling that if he chooses The Hall then hell be their next scorer, partly because he has the talent, and partly because hell get the opportunity to do so.

He's not a shooter but he has a man's body and he thrives in transition.  Great hops, tenacious rebounder and liked his passing and decision making.

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2011, 05:50:56 PM »

He's not a shooter but he has a man's body and he thrives in transition.  Great hops, tenacious rebounder and liked his passing and decision making.

poor mans pointer?

Moose

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2011, 06:29:54 PM »

poor mans pointer?

I like that.  Good thought.

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2011, 09:30:39 PM »
Yea Amayo was just at our Top 100. He's everything that Moose has already stated. I think he'd benefit tremendously from a college conditioning program. He's physically gifted but he's put on a little bit too much size. His hands are very quick defensively but he often swipes instead of moving his feet. He's big time potential, a steal in the spring, but needs the right environment to really strive. Here's some highlights from Top 100

Hoop Group Elite Metro Top 100
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Kelvin Amayo - G - NIA Hotel- Newark, NJ
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2011, 08:35:32 PM »
[tweet]http://twitter.com/NBESports/status/60494388782039040[/tweet]

Kelvin Amayo will visit Rice this Thursday. He is also considering Seton Hall, Rutgers and Providence.

Rice has certainly tried to make inroads into NJ.
Out of a class that is already self-secting, Rice accepted only 18.6% of its applicants this year.
That's a long way from NIA's hotel in Newark, but he'd be a hell of a basketball player for them.

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2011, 11:59:10 PM »
Their top recruiting assistant Marco Morcos is from NJ and he definitely trying to get NJ as a pipeline. Jarelle Reischel has been working out nearly every day in our building and Kelvin Amayo has been around recently too. Haven't seen both of them together yet.

Moose

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2011, 08:38:17 AM »
Their top recruiting assistant Marco Morcos is from NJ and he definitely trying to get NJ as a pipeline. Jarelle Reischel has been working out nearly every day in our building and Kelvin Amayo has been around recently too. Haven't seen both of them together yet.

I saw Morcos at no joke every event I went to this year.  He was all over.

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2011, 12:11:41 PM »

I saw Morcos at no joke every event I went to this year.  He was all over.

Yea he hustles. He's largely responsible for that roster.

NYCoffey

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2011, 12:33:10 PM »
Harkless had something on his twitter that said that Amayo has a suprise coming soon. I know were not in the mix for him but it sounds like he should be announcing soon. Looks like him and Harkless are close.

moe_harkless Maurice Harkless ✔
Everybodyy follow my bro @KelvinAmayo .. He got a surprise coming soon and gonna be doing big things soon

Moose

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2011, 01:02:42 PM »
Harkless had something on his twitter that said that Amayo has a suprise coming soon. I know were not in the mix for him but it sounds like he should be announcing soon. Looks like him and Harkless are close.

Everybodyy follow my bro @KelvinAmayo .. He got a surprise coming soon and gonna be doing big things soon

They are.  I would think Providence

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2011, 12:21:49 PM »

They are.  I would think Providence

Towson.