D'Angelo Harrison - SG - Dulles High School - Fort Bend, TX - ST. JOHN'S

• 277 replies
Re: D'Angelo Harrison - SG - Dulles High School - Fort Bend, TX
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2010, 09:10:03 PM »
A friend of mine who covers another school is hearing that D'Angelo Harrison is really a heavy St. John's lean and also said that he expects him to commit [to st. john's] soon (my speculation on the 15th)
even tho hes visiting marquette that day?

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2010, 09:59:02 PM »
A friend of mine who covers another school is hearing that D'Angelo Harrison is really a heavy St. John's lean and also said that he expects him to commit [to st. john's] soon (my speculation on the 15th)
even tho hes visiting marquette that day?

I'm not sure, whether there was an error or not with Harrison's latest Rivals.com interview.... But, there was no mention of Marquette.  It also seemed like he was also in the process of changing his visit date to St. John's. 

Possibly, the 15th?

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2010, 10:48:04 AM »
Will announce on Thursday, per Zagsblog

[tweet]http://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/27040149319[/tweet]
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 10:48:59 AM by peter »

Wods317

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2010, 11:53:35 AM »

I might be reading way too much into this but does he announce Thursday and then come to our Midnight Madness Friday like many people expected.

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2010, 12:02:35 PM »

I might be reading way too much into this but does he announce Thursday and then come to our Midnight Madness Friday like many people expected.

A handful of folk are expecting that to be the case.  Let's really, really hope that scenario takes place.

« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2010, 12:08:34 PM »

JohnnyJungle.com where the educated fans come to read discuss hoops. Love it. ;)
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

pmg911

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2010, 12:53:43 PM »

JohnnyJungle.com where the educated fans come to read discuss hoops. Love it. ;)

Seems like an oddly random comment for this thread..?

sjd8886

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2010, 01:16:55 PM »
so, does he mean hes announcing Thursday, or does he really mean hes announcing Thursday at 12am (Friday), at midnight madness, for us

Moose

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2010, 02:41:47 PM »
so, does he mean hes announcing Thursday, or does he really mean hes announcing Thursday at 12am (Friday), at midnight madness, for us

Well Midnight Madness isn't till 7pm on Friday so he's announcing Thursday according to Zags.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2010, 02:51:40 PM »

manbearpig really likes this

« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2010, 04:33:20 PM »
i hear hes gonna announce thursday on espnu at 5 p.m

kjd01067

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2010, 05:09:08 PM »
i hear hes gonna announce thursday on espnu at 5 p.m

Excellent news!  This is going to be a BIG week for St. John's Basketball

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2010, 05:42:11 PM »
hes definately going to the red storm tip off right or at least hes planning on it as of now?

Poison

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2010, 05:57:43 PM »
Been a long time since we had a great scoring guard. We've needed that big basket so often, and there was never anyone to take it.

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2010, 07:42:16 PM »
Some of you folk are jumping the gun.  Harrison has played his recruitment close to the vest all spring and summer.  Let's wait until 5pm on Thursday to see where he's going to attend school.

By the way, I don't believe no one is sure who is suppose to attend our "Midnight Madness" on Friday.

« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2010, 07:52:44 PM »
Been a long time since we had a great scoring guard. We've needed that big basket so often, and there was never anyone to take it.

I hope we're lucky (and skillful) enough to garner a verbal from Harrison on Thursday.  If, we do then we'll have us a bonafide shooter and scorer.  Harrison and possibly, a guy like Pelle would be icing on the cake to this recruiting class.

We'd have us a defensive presence in the middle (and an athletic freak) in Pelle and a knockdown shooter and big-time scorer in Harrison.  Add those two kids, to go along with Sampson, Harkless, Garrett, Lindsey, Pointer, Harris and God's Gift and you have the makings of very dangerous unit.

Pelle and Harrison are the potential wild cards of this class.

« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2010, 11:20:05 PM »
so can someone tell me whats happening with him if hes going to the tip off or wants to or what?

Marillac

« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2010, 12:27:04 AM »
This is the one, folks.  He is going to be a dandy!  Think Scottie Reynolds.   Harrison at the 2, Harkless at the 3, Sampson at the 4....wow....three guys that can stroke it...handle it...score in a variety of ways.  Bring in Garrett to be the stopper defensively and Lindsey and Polee to bring energy and points.  Stith will be the "pure point." 

We need to get a STUD PG in 2012. I haven't seen Jevon Thomas...is he Eric Barkley good?

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2010, 08:12:02 AM »
Marillac - you've seen D'Angelo? Scottie Reynolds is a big comparison - can Harrison draw fouls? He always looks skinny, and I didn't know he was physical.  Love his shooting ability.

And Jevon Thomas needs some video publicity, for sure.

It would be awesome to get him (especially over Marquette and Baylor). My fingers are crossed.

« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2010, 08:45:02 AM »
Marillac - you've seen D'Angelo? Scottie Reynolds is a big comparison - can Harrison draw fouls? He always looks skinny, and I didn't know he was physical.  Love his shooting ability.

And Jevon Thomas needs some video publicity, for sure.

It would be awesome to get him (especially over Marquette and Baylor). My fingers are crossed.

I've read that he Harrison is known to draw fouls whenever he decides to attack the basket.  Remember, players have to respect his jumper and it allows him to go to the basket when need to. 

Hopefully, we're able to nab Harrison on Thursday. 

By the way, you forgot about Oklahoma State, peter.