D'Angelo Harrison - SG - Dulles High School - Fort Bend, TX - ST. JOHN'S

• 277 replies

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: D'Angelo Harrison - SG - Dulles High School - Fort Bend, TX
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2010, 10:06:24 AM »
Marillac - you've seen D'Angelo? Scottie Reynolds is a big comparison - can Harrison draw fouls? He always looks skinny, and I didn't know he was physical.  Love his shooting ability.

And Jevon Thomas needs some video publicity, for sure.

It would be awesome to get him (especially over Marquette and Baylor). My fingers are crossed.

I've read that he Harrison is known to draw fouls whenever he decides to attack the basket.  Remember, players have to respect his jumper and it allows him to go to the basket when need to. 

Hopefully, we're able to nab Harrison on Thursday. 

By the way, you forgot about Oklahoma State, peter.
I think I like to forget about Oklahoma State in general.  ;D

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2010, 04:20:15 PM »
http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2010-1012/dog-fight-for-dangelo-harrison-on-recruiting-trail/

A recruiting insider with close knowledge of Harrison’s recruitment tells NBE today that the battle for the #21 player in the Class of 2011 is a “dog fight” with four programs aggressively pursuing the 6-foot-3 scoring machine.

“Oklahoma State [is making a] strong push of late,” the source tells NBE today, “Baylor is local appeal [and] Marquette has been involved the longest.”

The fourth school involvled is St. John’s who has new head coach Steve Lavin in Texas today to make an in-home visit with Harrison in hoping to sway another blue-chip prospect in his efforts to revitalize the SJU program.

According to NBE’s source, St. John’s has a “strong chance” in this recruiting battle and are selling Harrison and the people close to him a comprehensive list of advantages in coming to New York City for his college career. These advantages include playing in the Big Apple with Madison Square Garden as the home court in the Big East, coach Lavin’s track record of putting players in the NBA and a staff with three former NBA assistants working under the new Red Storm head coach.

Would have posted on Redmen as well, but for some reason I can't post!  Moose, have I been banned for some reason?  (I don't think so.)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 04:22:09 PM by peter »

Moose

« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2010, 05:31:38 PM »
http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2010-1012/dog-fight-for-dangelo-harrison-on-recruiting-trail/

A recruiting insider with close knowledge of Harrison’s recruitment tells NBE today that the battle for the #21 player in the Class of 2011 is a “dog fight” with four programs aggressively pursuing the 6-foot-3 scoring machine.

“Oklahoma State [is making a] strong push of late,” the source tells NBE today, “Baylor is local appeal [and] Marquette has been involved the longest.”

The fourth school involvled is St. John’s who has new head coach Steve Lavin in Texas today to make an in-home visit with Harrison in hoping to sway another blue-chip prospect in his efforts to revitalize the SJU program.

According to NBE’s source, St. John’s has a “strong chance” in this recruiting battle and are selling Harrison and the people close to him a comprehensive list of advantages in coming to New York City for his college career. These advantages include playing in the Big Apple with Madison Square Garden as the home court in the Big East, coach Lavin’s track record of putting players in the NBA and a staff with three former NBA assistants working under the new Red Storm head coach.

Would have posted on Redmen as well, but for some reason I can't post!  Moose, have I been banned for some reason?  (I don't think so.)

What type of error message are you getting?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2010, 04:22:03 PM »
After just being on the OSU message board, and sifting through all their bickering about nonsense.  It seems that the home crowd thinks Harrison is a lock to go there.  Their main point of emphasis was that OSU was going after J. Hinds and Harrison as their two main guard recruits.  According to the posters, OSU canceled their in-house visit with Hinds and that later he stated it was because OSU already landed another guard.

The other guard being Harison. 

This could just be the home faithful rallying for Harrison, however in the begining of the day a few of the posters said he was going to SJU.  The begining of my post was put on the OSU website about 20 minutes ago.

Just thought I would see what you guys thought.

Moose

« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2010, 04:44:18 PM »
After just being on the OSU message board, and sifting through all their bickering about nonsense.  It seems that the home crowd thinks Harrison is a lock to go there.  Their main point of emphasis was that OSU was going after J. Hinds and Harrison as their two main guard recruits.  According to the posters, OSU canceled their in-house visit with Hinds and that later he stated it was because OSU already landed another guard.

The other guard being Harison. 

This could just be the home faithful rallying for Harrison, however in the begining of the day a few of the posters said he was going to SJU.  The begining of my post was put on the OSU website about 20 minutes ago.

Just thought I would see what you guys thought.

Judging by the Rivals OSU members they are certifiably nuts.

I don't think anyone knows what Harrison is doing except Harrison.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2010, 07:13:40 PM »
Per - Antonio Curro = @ny2lasports 

2011 SG Deangelo Harrison of Dulles H.S. (TX) is expected to commit to St. Johns on Thursday.

« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2010, 07:21:41 PM »
I sure hope he's right.

Anybody know how legit/credible that guy is?

Poison

« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2010, 07:22:12 PM »
F yea!

Poison

« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2010, 07:26:33 PM »
We know Baylor is in trouble w the NCAA, and seriously, who in their right mind chooses to go to college in Oklahoma when Steve Lavin wants you to come to
NY and be a star.

He's coming here. It makes too much sense.

« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2010, 07:43:41 PM »
The OK State boards are wondering why the hell anybody would choose St. John's over their precious university.  :idiot2:  They're also pulling these alleged quotes from Harrison himself, talking about when he was on campus saying "I want to see where I'm gonna be living," and rating their visit a 10/10.

Got to admit though, I'm very weary of this report. This kid hasn't leaked like ANYTHING yet.

Poison

« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2010, 07:58:59 PM »
If he was going to go to Ok State, wouldn't he just as well stay in Texas and go to UT or TT.

Ok State can offer wide open spaces in the middle of nowhere. Not to mention a pretty lousy education.

« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2010, 08:45:12 PM »
I sure hope he's right.

Anybody know how legit/credible that guy is?
I've actually seen Curro, unlike Rothstein, at tournaments.
He's based out of Wisconsin and his specialty is the Midwest. Clark Francis used to rely on him and, perhaps, still does. He's got a good eye.

If he was going to go to Ok State, wouldn't he just as well stay in Texas and go to UT or TT.

Ok State can offer wide open spaces in the middle of nowhere. Not to mention a pretty lousy education.
From his perspective, his close friend and teammate, Nash, is looking heavily at OSU.

The last time I was in Stillwater, which is really remote, they had a tornado in the middle of the night, but the students were welcoming and friendly-unlike the OU dimwits.

« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2010, 08:53:44 PM »
hes going to sju everyone chill

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2010, 09:36:35 PM »
I want D'Angelo over any other prospect we're going after right now....although I'll take Pelle and Garrett too  ;D....From reading this thread and scouring all over twitter looking for any information I have a feeling he's coming here.

« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2010, 10:16:32 AM »
is he absolutely announcing at 5pm on espnu tonight?

« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2010, 10:18:08 AM »
is he absolutely announcing at 5pm on espnu tonight?

Yes.

Poison

« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2010, 05:17:14 PM »
I'm so bored.

« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2010, 05:21:56 PM »
at this point i just dont want him to go to osu theyre talking mad shit about st johns

kjd01067

« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2010, 05:26:12 PM »
Harrison to the Johnnies !!!!