Fordham game tickets?

• 56 replies
Fordham game tickets?
« on: September 03, 2010, 04:03:14 PM »
From the Fordham board:

"I thought I read on the board that there would be no sale of individual game tickets for the St. John's game.  Does anybody know if there is any truth to this?  They could be sold as part of a package with tickets to the Villanova game at IZOD."

http://fordhamfans.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,2739.0.html

TONYD3

Re: Fordham game tickets?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 04:37:37 PM »
Where is the game Rose Hil or IZod? I have never been to Fordham and was hoping to see the campus.

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 05:42:26 PM »
Where is the game Rose Hil or IZod? I have never been to Fordham and was hoping to see the campus.

Rose Hill, if you've never been it's a great trip.  Beautiful campus and the gym is a blast from the past, very cozy.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 06:18:47 PM »
Rose Hill is incredible for heckling.  Or just good watching.  When players go to the locker room, they pass right by fans going to get hot dogs. Fantastic effin' gym.  If I had time, I'd fly back just to see this game.

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 07:43:15 PM »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 04:09:18 PM »
So, anyone planning on going?  I'm gonna look into this joint.

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 04:46:14 PM »

Rose Hill, if you've never been it's a great trip.  Beautiful campus and the gym is a blast from the past, very cozy.
If you're driving, watch your car or bring the less valuable one. I know one person that had four cars stolen in two years (his insurance rates went through the roof) and a priest, who taught there and took a vow of poverty, had his bomb stolen. They still have the audacity to charge ten dollars and then work an inside job. The campus and the Botanical Gardens, otherwise, are an oasis in that area. Nearby Arthur Ave. is more thorough and authentically Italian  than Manahattan's "Little Italy."

I hope we pound the BC/ Georgetown rejects by 30+.

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 05:26:13 PM »

If you're driving, watch your car or bring the less valuable one. I know one person that had four cars stolen in two years (his insurance rates went through the roof) and a priest, who taught there and took a vow of poverty, had his bomb stolen. They still have the audacity to charge ten dollars and then work an inside job. The campus and the Botanical Gardens, otherwise, are an oasis in that area. Nearby Arthur Ave. is more thorough and authentically Italian  than Manahattan's "Little Italy."

Full Moon pizza or Tino's are two great places on Arthur to eat.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 07:47:26 PM »

Haha, ghetto Fordham. I cant stand these snooty, penny loafer wearing tools either. Not a big Pecora fan, he deserves a good arse blasting.

Someone has to get in Gaston's grill, he owned St Johns on its on court. 32 points and 15 rebounds? Cmon man

Moose

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 08:05:36 PM »

Haha, ghetto Fordham. I cant stand these snooty, penny loafer wearing tools either. Not a big Pecora fan, he deserves a good arse blasting.

Someone has to get in Gaston's grill, he owned St Johns on its on court. 32 points and 15 rebounds? Cmon man

He might have scored 32 but last I checked we waxed them.  So who cares how many points he scored we still won the game big.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 09:18:55 PM »
We should have beat them by 50.
I was at that game. It was pretty ugly.

Marillac

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 09:27:42 PM »

He might have scored 32 but last I checked we waxed them.  So who cares how many points he scored we still won the game big.

He also had like 70 turnovers.  I think we should just match DJ up with him all game. 

Moose

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 09:34:03 PM »
We should have beat them by 50.
I was at that game. It was pretty ugly.

Went to Giants game that night instead so wasn't there.
When have we ever went for the juggular?  We never closed or opened halves well under Norm.  If I recall we had a big lead and it shrunk a bit because of Norm and his anti adjustment religion. :)

Poison

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 09:43:51 PM »
Well said Moose. That is exactly what happened.

But in fairness to Norm, I don't think it's reasonable to expect him to match wits with Grasso.

Tha Kid

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 11:30:52 PM »
I agree 100 percent...re arthur ave being the authentic little italy of nyc!
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 12:42:12 AM »
So, anyone planning on going?  I'm gonna look into this joint.

I'm going.

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 01:04:11 AM »
Im definitely going to try and go to this game.  I really hope Fordham isn't trying to trap people into a ticket package like Baldi is saying.  And as for Arthur Ave, I go for Mikes Deli in the market ALL DAY.  With a cannoli from Egidio's afterwards.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 01:21:20 AM »
I'll be there regardless of the ticket situation, both of my brothers go there so I shouldn't have a problem squeezing a ticket out.

Poison

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 07:34:17 AM »
There are no ticket traps for Fordham Ram ball.

They have terrible fan support, and an even more pathetic student body than SJU. They don't care at all.

Moose

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 09:49:56 AM »
They might trap though because they don't want the place half filled with STJ fans.  So a ticket package would make sense to prevent that.