DUKE over UNC

• 1 replies

Tha Kid

DUKE over UNC
« on: February 07, 2008, 02:12:37 PM »
What did y'all think of my boys?  Duke played tough suffocating D, they were hittin 3s, and the athleticism and toughness of this team is better than any in recent years.  I really believe this is the best Duke TEAM since my frosh year when J-Will, Boozer, and DUnleavy were juniors and lost to Indiana in the Sweet 16.  While there is no true "superstar" on this team, Henderson, Nelson, Singler, Scheyer, Paulus, and even at times Smith, Thomas, and King play superbly and help this team win.  They play so smart as well, and as with every Duke team, they can shoot the lights out.  Going into the season I really thougth they would be a team in the 10-20 range, but after seeing how convincingly they have beaten teams, and with the win over UNC at Chapel Hill, even without Lawson, I think they are a legit top 3 team in the country and national title contender.

I am not ready to say they are definitely better than UNC with Lawson - we'll get a better sense of that in a month at Cameron Indoor, but RIGHT NOW, I think it's them and Memphis and then everyone else.
"I drink and I know things"

Re: DUKE over UNC
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 02:36:08 PM »
Well I thought Duke was going to win and that was more solidified by the fact that Lawson was out. I think Duke is really playing well this season and I've been impressed at the progression of Henderson and Paulas this season. They look more athletic, more confident, and more comfortable playing together. They are a dangerous team right now.

I really like Tyler Hansbrough I think the kid is just a gamer and everyone loves to doubt and hate on him but he keep showing up all the time. So I wouldn't count UNC out come tourney time.

I also think Memphis is the most overrated undefeated team ever(I know huge oxynice person). I think they flop big time come Tourney time. Big stat from Memphis they shoot 55% from the FT line as a team!
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle