SJU - Miami. Just got back from game - my thoughts

• 24 replies

redstorm32

Re: SJU - Miami. Just got back from game - my thoughts
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2007, 12:03:49 PM »
well put kob

a lot of these posters dont understand how justin is on a daily basis and what looks like arguing and yelling is justin  telling his teammates to get their head out of their asses and play to their potential

Poison

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2007, 04:29:39 PM »
for the most part miami has beaten nobody

but provdence and vcu are both solid teams and vcu is basically the same team that beat duke and nearly beat pitt last year

VCU is hardly nobody. Providence is damn good this year. I don't know where your logic is coming from.
Miami should be ranked for winning that Tourney.

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2007, 05:01:11 PM »
 Not surprised by Sundays outcome. Most of our guys were playing in tiny gyms with H.S. cheerleaders just 8 months ago. Mase our best player was sitting & Rob Thomas will only help Mase,Justin & DK.  18 wins. Keep the Faith.  Go Redmen !!!

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2007, 07:58:54 PM »
nah u right i am taking it personally and im gonna chill do some pushups or something. like i said i talk to justin everyday hes just a kid still. he isnt immature but he hates losing. ive told him to fix his demeanor its gonna take time. when dele messes up hes the 1st one in dele face. hes not beefing with him he just wants dele to step up. we know deles potential is crazy but this isnt biddies basketball this is the big east the pro conference. i wish the older guys would get in justins face and tell him 2 pick his head up and keep on going.

WHAT older guys?  From what I see, the freshmen are running the show.....and it shows :'(
Geno is NOT the leader we all hope for last year thus far.  He does not put players in position to shoot and does not have the "mentality" of a point guard :(  Boothe is far from the answer at the point so our PG options are slim to none with no one on the horizon thanks to Norm's great recruiting,i.e., he has struck out with signing any decent PG that can truly direct the team :'(

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2007, 09:20:23 PM »
Just the way we took the wins in stride (against the NEC teams), we have to take the loss in stride too.  Even I got fooled with their run at the end of the first half that they were going to come out and dominate the second twenty minutes.  It didn't happen.  Sometimes an "early season wake up call" is just what the doctor ordered.  Yeah it's disheartening, but it also makes YOUNG MEN hungry (at least I'd like to think so). 

Let's see them go on a nice little run before the Big East schedule starts.  One or two losses heading into BE play isn't bad at all.  Couldn't expect much more really.

Next year, if the boys improve a bit, will be very VERY exciting.  This year you just want to see the team play hard every night and compete as the schedule gets tougher.  You want to see them make the BE tourney.  An NIT bid will probably not happen, but would be a very pleasant surprise. 

One game at a time.  It's now the beginning of December.  Let's see what happens when Mase/RT come back and we have a full (deeper) squad. 

Don't give up hope yet.