DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket

• 10 replies

dR3w

DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket
« on: June 03, 2011, 02:11:43 PM »
Does anybody here subscribed to the NFL Sunday Ticket?  I just got an email notice that they won't charge me until the labor strife is over.  But most importantly they want $335 for the season!  I have been subscribing for over 15 years now, but this might be the last straw.  That's $21 a week.  And last year the Jets were on prime time or local (Virginia), 6 times.  So that is $33.50 a game.  And there is absolutely nothing that I can do about it.  Sucks.

Moose

Re: DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 04:32:47 PM »
Does anybody here subscribed to the NFL Sunday Ticket?  I just got an email notice that they won't charge me until the labor strife is over.  But most importantly they want $335 for the season!  I have been subscribing for over 15 years now, but this might be the last straw.  That's $21 a week.  And last year the Jets were on prime time or local (Virginia), 6 times.  So that is $33.50 a game.  And there is absolutely nothing that I can do about it.  Sucks.

Yeah NFL gave DTV exclusivity and they have ALL the leverage.
Remember who broke the Slice news

dR3w

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 05:23:30 PM »

Yeah NFL gave DTV exclusivity and they have ALL the leverage.

And DirecTV doesn't even make any money on the package, they lose money.  All of the revenues from the Sunday Ticket go to the NFL.  It allows them to keep customers who would otherwise move to another provider, because those customers want the NFL package. 

Once again, the NFL greedy owners and players are raking in the cash, and still can't decide on who gets which part of the billions of dollars in revenue. 

TONYD3

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 10:10:04 PM »
I get the redzone channel from verizon. It costs 50 bucks no commercials. They do a really good job. I don't really like an NFL team. But I play fantasy and am in a few pools. In would recommend redzone highly.

Moose

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 10:26:56 PM »
I get the redzone channel from verizon. It costs 50 bucks no commercials. They do a really good job. I don't really like an NFL team. But I play fantasy and am in a few pools. In would recommend redzone highly.

Are you sure its 50 for the Red Zone?  I thought its just included in a high package so your paying for more than just that one channel.  I have Fios and have the highest package available and its included.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 03:39:20 PM »
As was written in Phil Mushnick's column in the NY Post if you call Directv you can negotiate a better price with them. Last year a got a female customer service rep on the phone and she gave me a better price than i even was going to ask for-$180 off of their price by giving me credits on other services over a 12 month period. Try it-i am not paying $331.

TONYD3

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 08:59:43 PM »
I have fios thougt I had the highest package. Still I paid 50 the last 2 years. It was well worth the money. Saved in the long run from going to bars. Again I don't like any team.

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 01:02:00 PM »
This year i qualified for a 210 dollar discount.

kg44

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 02:47:53 PM »
I just called to cancel.  They dropped the price bt $120 to keep me. 

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 03:15:14 PM »

Yep!  They took $120 off my Sunday Ticket, as well.  I tried for $200, but it wasn't working.  LOL 

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 07:34:07 PM »

Yep!  They took $120 off my Sunday Ticket, as well.  I tried for $200, but it wasn't working.  LOL 

How expensive is this crap if they're willing to take $120 off the price?