Shane Rector - PG - St. Raymond - Bronx, N.Y.

• 49 replies

sju89tr

Re: Shane Rector - PG - St. Raymond - Bronx, N.Y.
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 02:21:40 PM »
Wonder why he stop playing with Gauchos..?

Who still plays with the Gauchos?

Moose

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2012, 09:53:42 PM »

Gauchos recently lost Nike sponsorship.  I hope an iconic program like that isn't in trouble but the last few years it didn't seem to get the heavy hitters it got in years past.  Without the Nike sponsorship who knows.
Remember who broke the Slice news

LJSA

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2012, 09:59:53 PM »

Gauchos recently lost Nike sponsorship.  I hope an iconic program like that isn't in trouble but the last few years it didn't seem to get the heavy hitters it got in years past.  Without the Nike sponsorship who knows.

When I win $640 million in the lottery less than an hour from now I promise to sponsor them.

ris

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2012, 10:01:30 AM »
Happy as you may know Shane's season started slowly because of an ankle injury. Once he got healthy though both he and the Ravens took off.  Dingle and Okoro were the two senior mainstays but Shane made a major difference down the stretch. As far as his game Shane has always reminded me of Erick Barkley because of his ability to pressure defend using long arms and fast hands rather than physical strength. Also like Erick he can be a scorer when needed but is bright enough to run the game like a point guard. Also there's no reason St. John's couldn't recruit both he and Severe. Jonathan might be small for a two guard but he's so physical and alert defensively he can excel in St. John's active zone

Great post. It would be fantastic that both players went to St. John´s.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 10:03:13 AM by ris »

Moose

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2012, 10:55:38 AM »
Happy as you may know Shane's season started slowly because of an ankle injury. Once he got healthy though both he and the Ravens took off.  Dingle and Okoro were the two senior mainstays but Shane made a major difference down the stretch. As far as his game Shane has always reminded me of Erick Barkley because of his ability to pressure defend using long arms and fast hands rather than physical strength. Also like Erick he can be a scorer when needed but is bright enough to run the game like a point guard. Also there's no reason St. John's couldn't recruit both he and Severe. Jonathan might be small for a two guard but he's so physical and alert defensively he can excel in St. John's active zone

Great post. It would be fantastic that both players went to St. John´s.

I don't know how fantastic it would be because it meant we missed out on our big targets.

And I like Rector's game as well.

ris

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2012, 09:15:49 AM »

I don't know how fantastic it would be because it meant we missed out on our big targets.

It looks like our two point guard priorities of 2013 class are Jordan and Sina. But the sensation is not positive.

Rector would be a very good backup.

mkras99

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2012, 09:22:29 AM »
ris - have you seen any of these New York kids play?

Moose

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2012, 09:36:36 AM »

It looks like our two point guard priorities of 2013 class are Jordan and Sina. But the sensation is not positive.

And who is to say a pg is a priority in 13.  Rector would be a great backup.  Did you ever think the kid doesnt want to be a backup.  Thats a tough sell to some of thest kids.

Happy

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2012, 09:44:31 AM »

And who is to say a pg is a priority in 13.  Rector would be a great backup.  Did you ever think the kid doesnt want to be a backup.  Thats a tough sell to some of thest kids.

Shane has starter talent :)

paultzman

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2012, 09:45:56 AM »

+1 Sometimes our fans  seem to feel we are in driver's seat for everyone, still long way to go IMO.

Moose

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2012, 10:00:31 AM »

Oh Happy Happy Happy.

Still thinking about our bet :)

I like Rector and would love him on this team.  But I don't see it.

Happy

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2012, 10:03:26 AM »

Oh Happy Happy Happy.

I am and you are probably right about him not ending up with us ... But he will be a high major player:).  And I'm still mad at you for not telling me about " man child's " weight problem !  :)

Chilleb

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2012, 10:33:56 AM »

Oh Happy Happy Happy.

I am and you are probably right about him not ending up with us ... But he will be a high major player:).  And I'm still mad at you for not telling me about " man child's " weight problem !  :)
J Washington ?

Happy

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2012, 10:39:48 AM »

Oh Happy Happy Happy.

J Washington ?

I plead the fifth :)

Chilleb

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2012, 11:13:29 AM »

Oh Happy Happy Happy.

J Washington ?

I plead the fifth :)
Lol, c'mon now the kids just got a lot of baby fat.  :2funny:

paultzman

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2012, 12:40:35 PM »
“@TheRecruitScoop: Notre Dame is now showing interest in 2013 NJ Playaz (NJ) PG Shane Rector. Pitt, Cincinnati, Georgetown & Stanford also interested.”

pmg911

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2012, 09:54:56 AM »

There has not been much talk about this and our resident Gauchos expert has not even said "no comment". I would certainly hate to see an iconic program like the NY Gauchos not be a powerhouse program anymore. They have done too much good for too many kids.

Why in the world would Nike cuts ties there.? Make zero sense for them; the cost to sponsor that entire program is a drop in the bucket for the company. I hope something didn't happen behind the scenes that we don't know about yet.

paultzman

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2012, 03:30:23 PM »

There has not been much talk about this and our resident Gauchos expert has not even said "no comment". I would certainly hate to see an iconic program like the NY Gauchos not be a powerhouse program anymore. They have done too much good for too many kids.

Why in the world would Nike cuts ties there.? Make zero sense for them; the cost to sponsor that entire program is a drop in the bucket for the company. I hope something didn't happen behind the scenes that we don't know about yet.

Is Billy Singleton, one of my favorite Johnnies, still with the Chos?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 03:31:34 PM by paultzman »

Moose

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2012, 03:35:30 PM »

Is Billy Singleton, one of my favorite Johnnies, still with the Chos?

When I saw the Gauchos last summer, Billy was indeed coaching.

pmg911

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2012, 09:11:46 AM »
completely off topic but...

Is Billy Singleton, one of my favorite Johnnies

That TECH against Duke still bothers me, we had the eventual champs on the ropes and had a great chance to win..

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/03/19/sports/duke-down-by-8-gets-past-st-john-s.html