Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cincinnati Transfer - Bayside, NY

• 1791 replies

boo3

Re: Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cincinnati Transfer - Bayside, NY
« Reply #1700 on: May 16, 2014, 09:18:37 PM »
 He wants the freedom to shoot the ball 25 times a night...only one place to do that
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 09:18:57 PM by boo3 »

« Reply #1701 on: May 16, 2014, 09:20:05 PM »
Zach's newest blurb makes it seem Hofstra is in the driver seat.

"Hofstra, in particular, impressed him."

http://nypost.com/2014/05/16/queens-native-lawrence-bolts-cincy-for-family-will-play-in-ny/
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 09:21:31 PM by Ron Artesticles »

Foad

« Reply #1702 on: May 16, 2014, 09:35:08 PM »
Not really. I do think you guys are over rated and I think a number of fans this board are somewhat delusional regarding their perception of where St. John's exists in the real college basketball universe.

Plus fun. Saint John's is the most over rated franchise in the history of sports. Saint Louis Brown fans are more realistic.

« Reply #1703 on: May 16, 2014, 09:37:45 PM »
He wants the freedom to shoot the ball 25 times a night...only one place to do that
If he is going to go anywhere not sju then I'm rooting for Hofstra.

That would be crazy for them.

« Reply #1704 on: May 16, 2014, 09:44:02 PM »

Hofstra will have a nice squad next year. I think he goes there, better facilities

« Reply #1705 on: May 16, 2014, 10:13:27 PM »
He will go to Hofstra as that women believes it is academically superior. And just a bit of anti-catholic

« Reply #1706 on: May 16, 2014, 10:17:09 PM »
He is a Jehova's Witness and may not wish to paticipate in some of the religious functions that SJU athletes attend.  I would think that accomodations could be made for that but, who knows.

Poison

« Reply #1707 on: May 16, 2014, 11:03:10 PM »

Hofstra will have a nice squad next year. I think he goes there, better facilities

Who on Hofstra is good? I can't think of one player.

« Reply #1708 on: May 16, 2014, 11:20:35 PM »

Juanya Green, Brian Bernardi, returning bigs and another Niagara transfer. Jucos

Poison

« Reply #1709 on: May 16, 2014, 11:27:17 PM »
Not really. I do think you guys are over rated and I think a number of fans this board are somewhat delusional regarding their perception of where St. John's exists in the real college basketball universe.

Which local program should be given more credit, if we are overrated?

All are irrelevant on a national scale.  Do you think St. John's is relevant nationally?

Another thing. There are 85 pages in this Lawrence recruit thread, but now the kid can't cut it.

Personally, I don't give a shit what anyone outside of NY thinks regarding basketball. Or anything. The rest of the country is urban sprawl. As far as being relevant nationally, like it or not, we are. Are we an elite program? No, not right now, but we're closer to being one than any other program in the area.

This kid went to Cinci on his own free will. I'm not surprised his bad judgement is effecting his career again. A career that's put up 2 points and 2 rebounds per game isn't a loss you lose sleep over.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 11:44:00 PM by Poison »

Poison

« Reply #1710 on: May 16, 2014, 11:29:39 PM »

Juanya Green, Brian Bernardi, returning bigs and another Niagara transfer. Jucos

I think even with Lawrence Hofstra will be lucky to finish above last place in the CAA.

« Reply #1711 on: May 16, 2014, 11:30:34 PM »
if we are so relevant nationally why are we constantly being confused with St Joes?

« Reply #1712 on: May 17, 2014, 07:35:04 AM »

Which local program should be given more credit, if we are overrated?

All are irrelevant on a national scale.  Do you think St. John's is relevant nationally?

Another thing. There are 85 pages in this Lawrence recruit thread, but now the kid can't cut it.
I don't think we are close to a national power but how could we be irrelevant nationally and land recruits out of the nyc area ?

Not saying Lavon can't recruit. Obviously he can. But also he obviously can't develop the talent he recruits.

« Reply #1713 on: May 17, 2014, 08:44:36 AM »

I think even with Lawrence Hofstra will be lucky to finish above last place in the CAA.
The kid or kids that came from his previous school are supposed to be real good. And they did well recruiting this year.

I think that the way they re going if they land Lawrence they can be one of the top tier teams in the CAA in the next 2 years
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 08:45:18 AM by mjmaherjr »

« Reply #1714 on: May 17, 2014, 11:31:25 AM »
Fordham in the mix now. Eric Paschal can't be happy

« Reply #1715 on: May 17, 2014, 11:36:48 AM »
Personally, I don't give a shit what anyone outside of NY thinks regarding basketball. Or anything. The rest of the country is urban sprawl.

One of the more ignorant thing's i've ever seen posted on this board.

« Reply #1716 on: May 17, 2014, 11:54:20 AM »
At least at Fordham he would play against better comp and some guys that are going to get looks or even play at the next level.

« Reply #1717 on: May 17, 2014, 12:37:21 PM »
At least at Fordham he would play against better comp and some guys that are going to get looks or even play at the next level.

And never make a tournament. And never touch the rock, unless its off a Severe miss

Poison

« Reply #1718 on: May 17, 2014, 12:39:41 PM »
Personally, I don't give a shit what anyone outside of NY thinks regarding basketball. Or anything. The rest of the country is urban sprawl.

One of the more ignorant thing's i've ever seen posted on this board.

Firstly, there's no apostrophe in "things".

For the record, baseball fans across the country hate the Yankees because they spend so much money. I'm not reaching for my violin.

Do not feel badly because you don't live in NY. You're real estate was significantly cheaper, and you probably have less rush hour traffic. BUT, should you decide to visit, and come to a basketball game in our beautiful city, please watch this important video first, before deplaning:

Johnny T's NYC Tourist Tips

Poison

« Reply #1719 on: May 17, 2014, 12:41:53 PM »

And never make a tournament. And never touch the rock, unless its off a Severe miss

Forget THE tournament. They don't make ANY tournament.