Big East presidents OK expansion

• 56 replies
Re: Big East presidents OK expansion
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2011, 04:45:29 PM »
Of course he doesnt.  He's just been the public advocate for the big east.  It would be interesting to see his reaction.  If i i was Louisville's president i'd be doing the same thing.  It's do or die for their football program. 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 04:48:20 PM by B-Squared »

LJSA

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2011, 05:22:00 PM »
The title of this thread really needs to change to "Big East Presidents OK Contraction"

ras

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2011, 06:03:22 PM »
I hate to say this but there is no stability in the BE. It looks like every FB team is looking to bolt if given the opportunity.

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2011, 11:02:28 PM »
that john wayne gacy lookalike..marinatto...has to take off his clown suit when he meets with the college presidents.  he's scaring the crap out of them so much they can't wait to leave.

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2011, 10:52:23 AM »
Looks like despite the last minute attempt by Louisville to steal the invite the Big 12 is set to go ahead and invite West Virginia:

http://brett-mcmurphy.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/29532522/32980106?ttag=gen10_on_all_fb_na_txt_0001

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2011, 12:13:15 PM »
Looks like despite the last minute attempt by Louisville to steal the invite the Big 12 is set to go ahead and invite West Virginia:

http://brett-mcmurphy.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/29532522/32980106?ttag=gen10_on_all_fb_na_txt_0001
I've never seen this discussed, so - Do Bball only schools get any part of the football TV deal cut?

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2011, 01:48:12 PM »

I've never seen this discussed, so - Do Bball only schools get any part of the football TV deal cut?

I don't know.  Not sure if it all goes into one pot or if the bball only schools get a small cut while a larger share goes to the schools who play both.

Off topic pretty funny that the SEC inadvertently put up on its website the formal announcement that Missouri is joining the conference only to pull the announcement because nothing is official yet.  LOL!!!

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2011, 01:55:55 PM »
I think I remember reading in the ny times a while back that the basketball only schools do not see any of the football money.  I'll see if I can find it
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

redslope

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2011, 02:18:51 PM »
with the quality of Big Least football, I am surprised that the FB schools don't have to pay to have their games televised ;)

Marillac

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2011, 06:18:28 PM »
Big 12 messed up by choosing WV over Louisville. 

« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2011, 09:31:55 PM »

I think they will eventually invite louisville too
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

LJSA

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2011, 11:41:57 PM »

The problem is that the guy running things there, while much better than the guy he replaced, is still a Marinatto clone. They should have invited Cincy and Louisville along with W.Va.

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2011, 04:11:04 PM »
I think I remember reading in the ny times a while back that the basketball only schools do not see any of the football money.  I'll see if I can find it

My understanding is that the bball only schools definitely get a cut of the football tv contract. Not sure how the pie is sliced-up, but I know they get a slice. 

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2011, 06:19:45 PM »
Basketball ONLY schools receive NOTHING from the football TV contract!

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2011, 11:19:05 PM »

The problem is that the guy running things there, while much better than the guy he replaced, is still a Marinatto clone. They should have invited Cincy and Louisville along with W.Va.

that's why his conference, which was declared dead, is poaching other conferences while we're still sucking wind.

there would be no big 12 with marinatto at the helm.

desco80

« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2011, 06:20:53 PM »
Why Marinatto thought adding TCU and staying at 9 teams was a good idea, I will never understand.   When they announced TCU last year it should have been in tandem with SMU and Houston, and a Boise or UCF.  That would have taken the football conference to 12 teams - they keep the BCS bid, and gain a conference playoff game which everybody else wanted.  These teams wanted to join a BCS conference.  They're STILL considering coming to the Big East now, even after all the losses.   So, really, it makes you wonder - why weren't these teams approached last year when TCU was added??    What good would 9 teams have done?   

Maybe if that happened it would have calmed the fears of Cuse and Pitt.  And maybe not too, but who knows.   At the very least it would've made the football conference more secure going forward.   

NYCoffey

« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2011, 11:51:46 AM »