Krys Faber - C - Ribet Academy - Los Angeles, CA - DEPAUL

• 13 replies

kjd01067

Krys Faber - C - Ribet Academy - Los Angeles, CA - DEPAUL
« on: February 26, 2008, 05:51:14 PM »
Jerry Meyer
Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting

Faber favors Minnesota.
Prior to the season Faber visited Northern Illinois and Minnesota. St. John's and UCLA have since joined his school list, but Minnesota is at the top of the list.

"Minnesota is my top school," said Faber. "I really like the coaching staff and the gym. The Barn is amazing, and I loved the atmosphere."

All but UCLA has offered Faber, but the lay of the land could likely change if Kevin Love declares for the NBA draft.

"UCLA is interested," he said. "They came to my playoff game and have watched me three times since Christmas. They told me they are waiting to see if Kevin Love leaves. If he does, then they need another big man."

Finishing the year averaging 16 points and 17 rebounds per game, Faber has improved dramatically over the past year.

"I'm not going to lie to you," he said. "I got a lot better after transferring schools. I put a lot of time in with my coach working on my game, and it's paid off."

Now that his season is over, Faber will soon schedule an unofficial visit to UCLA and decide if he wants to take an official visit to St. John's. He plans to make his intentions known on the first day of the spring signing period.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 01:23:52 PM by kjd01067 »

Re: Faber
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 05:56:49 PM »
what is the date on this? I feel like we posted this back when we were on the old forum....Faber is nothing special according to everything I've read but he is a big body.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kjd01067

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 07:31:04 PM »
Its from today

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 07:44:12 PM »
I didn't read his stat line til just now 16ppg and 17rpg...impressive

kjd01067

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 07:52:29 PM »
Yea thats what I thought too.  Not sure what kind of competition he is playing against but with those type of numbers I would have to think he would be an upgrade over TJ. It seems like we are still invovled with quite a few guys but it looks like we will have to wait and see who our coach is next year before anyone commits.  Hopefully the administration makes up their mind quickly.  Even though i dont want Norm back, if he does come back I hope the administration announces it quickly and doesnt drag things out.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 07:53:18 PM by kjd01067 »

Re: Krys Faber
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 11:04:05 AM »
Pos: C Pos Rank: #23 as per scout.com

“I really believe he’ll visit Notre Dame, St. John’s and beyond that its something the coach is working out with the schools themselves.”

The Fabers have certainly entertained a host of newcomers throughout the season and interest came from both coasts. Through the hoopla, the family has been extremely loyal to the programs that first reached out.

“We’re more concerned with the schools that have shown him love from day one.”

Thanks to Buckeye for finding this out
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 11:04:20 AM by JJ »

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 07:45:28 AM »
As per scout.com FORUM..nothing new.

April 10, 2008

"Faber Could Take 3 More Trips"

by Ryan James

GopherIllustrated.com

April 10, 2008

"And again this is about making an informed decision and Krys loves Minnesota, he loves what they have to offer but then by the same token he also likes Northern Illinois. They have good people there and a solid institution. But Minnesota is the Big Ten and we love it as Tubby has been real good to us and we look forward to having a relationship with Tubby Smith regardless if Krys goes to school there or not. But right now Minnesota is definitely the top school as far as schools are concerned."

Minnesota seems to have a great shot at Krys Faber but there are contenders and they come from around the country as well as right in LA. USC has offered Krys and UCLA is a team with some interest as well especially with Kevin Love potentially going to the NBA after his freshman season. The Bruins would have limited beef inside if Love was to go pro and Faber is a guy they have looked at to maybe fill that role, or at least part of it.

As attractive as UCLA and some other schools may be the Faber family is really focused on the schools that they have a good relationship with and that is a relationship that has been formed for some time. "My wife, Krys and I are interested in schools that have been in Krys's corner since day one," Kyle said. "Schools that have been watching him grow on the floor this year as a boy and as a young man. Teams that have perused him vigorously and the schools that have maintained relationships are the teams that Krys is interested in."

With the school year coming to a close in the very near future the Fabers know they are on a timeline but it's not a timeline where they will be choosing a school in the next week. "The decision will come before May 15th," Kyle stated. "We wanted it to be before April1 15th but we will see how these visits go. We are thinking about visiting St. John's, possibly South Florida, and we could take an unofficial visit to UCLA. Like I said all of this is about getting the full experience so Krys can make an informed decision. Remember this is not just about basketball this decision affects the next 70 years of Krys's life."

Randomhero423

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 09:55:53 AM »
looks like we aren't getting him either (and i'm fine with that)

Randomhero423

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 09:58:19 AM »
his dad posted this on the scout board

"Posted: 04/03/2008 8:48 AM

RE: '08 targets : Farber & Bolding

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually its his daddy that reads the boards, but its all good.  Been a ST. Johns fan all my life...grew up in DA Bronx and banged around with Walter Berry in Jr High and High School.  St. John's is a good look for my boy and I am iencouraging him to give NYC serious thought.  I believe we will be visiting soon.  Stay tuned!!"

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 10:57:37 AM »
his dad posted this on the scout board

"Posted: 04/03/2008 8:48 AM

RE: '08 targets : Farber & Bolding

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually its his daddy that reads the boards, but its all good.  Been a ST. Johns fan all my life...grew up in DA Bronx and banged around with Walter Berry in Jr High and High School.  St. John's is a good look for my boy and I am iencouraging him to give NYC serious thought.  I believe we will be visiting soon.  Stay tuned!!"

I saw that too. wondering if its truely him.

kjd01067

Re: Krys Faber - C
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 05:49:00 AM »
http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=798710

To Depaul ... this is getting real old.

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 01:53:40 PM »
If Faber has improved as much as the articles have said he has the tandem of him and Mac up front for Depaul will be pretty good.

Randomhero423

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 04:34:12 PM »
i'm visiting depaul in july.  they are supposed to have a very nice campus from what i've heard.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 04:43:46 PM »
They don't play on that campus (at least for Big East games) - they play in the burbs.  I live near-ish to the campus, it is pretty nice.