Lavin, WTF is going on?

• 86 replies

sju89tr

Re: Lavin, WTF is going on?
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2011, 07:15:51 PM »
Norm also went after some poor character guys too. Lest we forget Aaron Spears, Derwin Kitchen, Lance Stephenson & Jayvaughn Pinkston & Doug Wiggins.

If I recall once that POS Wiggins left is for Uconn, Norm brought in Derwin Kitchen, who had a fake juco transcript.

It's easy to remember Norm as being a "nice" guy, but let's not forget that he went after several morally suspect recruits.
He just didn't any of them.

1 of those guys played for St Johns. Fact is Lavin couldnt or wouldnt keep Omari, Ron Roberts, Polee and he even asked Stith to leave.  All those guys are eligible

You can't force someone to stay who wants to leave.  That was Polee.

I can guarantee that Polee is kicking himself right now for transferring. He would have had a very nice year for St Johns this year. Oh well, Dad wasn't satisfied with playing for a system that could have made him a Pro. And Yes Chiles was out today recruiting which we complain is not happening enough, as if we are all in know.

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2011, 07:16:28 PM »
Lavin was at Walt Hazzard's funeral in LA, went to check out players we desperately need for future. Great that we complain about everything.  ::)

Hopefully he cleared this with the doctor. Flying cross country and funerals arent a good mix

Moose

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2011, 07:17:17 PM »
I think its time to mysteriously delete a third thread
Remember who broke the Slice news

boo3

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2011, 07:18:22 PM »

HAHAHA! 

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2011, 07:18:59 PM »
Norm also went after some poor character guys too. Lest we forget Aaron Spears, Derwin Kitchen, Lance Stephenson & Jayvaughn Pinkston & Doug Wiggins.

If I recall once that POS Wiggins left is for Uconn, Norm brought in Derwin Kitchen, who had a fake juco transcript.

It's easy to remember Norm as being a "nice" guy, but let's not forget that he went after several morally suspect recruits.

1 of those guys played for St Johns. Fact is Lavin couldnt or wouldnt keep Omari, Ron Roberts, Polee and he even asked Stith to leave.  All those guys are eligible

Guess he wasnt happy with what was going on

Ask his Daddy.

Not my job. Lavin is supposedly the "living room" guy

What is your job then exactly?

Resident flamer

The torch has been passed on    ;D

« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2011, 07:19:26 PM »

I can guarantee that Polee is kicking himself right now for transferring. He would have had a very nice year for St Johns this year. Oh well, Dad wasn't satisfied with playing for a system that could have made him a Pro. And Yes Chiles was out today recruiting which we complain is not happening enough, as if we are all in know.

Kicking himself? We have no PG and cant get the ball up the court. Awful passing team. With a coach thats everywhere else, but with his team.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 07:20:27 PM by Marco Baldi »

sju89tr

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2011, 07:19:49 PM »
Lavin was at Walt Hazzard's funeral in LA, went to check out players we desperately need for future. Great that we complain about everything.  ::)

Hopefully he cleared this with the doctor. Flying cross country and funerals arent a good mix

WTH dude, you volunteer to moderate a St Johns forum and only positive things out of your typing fingers are about Cluess, Mo Mo, the entire city of New Rochelle, Glover (Michael not Anthony)and Machado. Not asking you to be a homer but reading your posts are getting a bit old.

sju89tr

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2011, 07:20:26 PM »

Kicking himself? We have no PG and cant get the ball up the court. Awful passing team.

30 min a game vs 0 sounds good to me  8)

« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2011, 07:21:29 PM »

WTH dude, you volunteer to moderate a St Johns forum and only positive things out of your typing fingers are about Cluess, Mo Mo, the entire city of New Rochelle, Glover (Michael not Anthony)and Machado. Not asking you to be a homer but reading your posts are getting a bit old.

When I see something positive, I'll post it. Hopefully that'll come next game

boo3

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2011, 07:22:20 PM »

When I see something positive, I'll post it. Hopefully that'll come next game

didn't prevent 5000 + posts during the Norm Error

Moose

« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2011, 07:24:18 PM »
Do I have to ask Dave to revoke your ability to post after Iona losses?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2011, 07:25:06 PM »
Ive said many times, Lavin did a great job with those guys last year.
But you think Norm might have done better. How can you possibly believe that

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2011, 07:26:49 PM »
You are unhappy that our coach is out recruiting? Would you like us to go into next season with just the same 6 players?

Mike

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2011, 07:27:18 PM »

. +1 getting very old

sju89tr

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2011, 07:27:36 PM »

Ask his Daddy.

Resident flamer

g
Yeah but in hindsight, your opinion was 100% spot on from day 1 of the Norm era

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2011, 07:32:04 PM »
You are unhappy that our coach is out recruiting? Would you like us to go into next season with just the same 6 players?

No, but if you can fly around the country and not coach?

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2011, 07:33:58 PM »

. +1 getting very old

Noone is forcing you to read

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2011, 07:36:56 PM »

Ask his Daddy.

Resident flamer

g

Thanks you.

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2011, 07:39:40 PM »

Ask his Daddy.

Resident flamer

g

Thanks you.

Yet everyone criticzed realfan for doing so

« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2011, 07:42:45 PM »

Yea I'm not happy about that. I'm not sure how it happened nor was it supposed to.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle