Norm on the WFAN

• 38 replies

gonzalo

Re: Norm on the WFAN
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2007, 03:18:28 PM »

This offseason with academically challenged players has changed things.....

Names, please.

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2007, 09:24:13 PM »

Names, please.

Gonzalo, I was talking about Kitchen last season. Sorry about that, still Norms recruit though.  But I think you can actually count Rob T for this year, is he not academically eligable to play anway??

kob24

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2007, 01:02:58 AM »

Names, please.

Gonzalo, I was talking about Kitchen last season. Sorry about that, still Norms recruit though.  But I think you can actually count Rob T for this year, is he not academically eligable to play anway??

every1 was recruiting kitchens. u have 2 take a chance on a player of his caliber those are program changers. i think norm did a good job with recruitng this year though. 4 get 2008 he better dive in the 09 class they are way more talented and only 1 of them has signed with a school
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 01:20:01 AM by JJ »

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2007, 02:08:12 AM »

Names, please.

every1 was recruiting kitchens. u have 2 take a chance on a player of his caliber those are program changers. i think norm did a good job with recruitng this year though. 4 get 2008 he better dive in the 09 class they are way more talented and only 1 of them has signed with a school

I think Norm did an okay job recruiting this year.  Evans, Cav, Coker, probably wont contribute much at all in the next two years.  Geno is leaving next year and do u really think MB is going to set up?  The frontcourt is in great need of some presence.  Yeah, lets forget about trying to bring in players next year.  I am sure in 2009 Norm is going to be reeling them in. 

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2007, 08:57:59 AM »

Names, please.

I think Norm did an okay job recruiting this year.  Evans, Cav, Coker, probably wont contribute much at all in the next two years.  Geno is leaving next year and do u really think MB is going to set up?  The frontcourt is in great need of some presence.  Yeah, lets forget about trying to bring in players next year.  I am sure in 2009 Norm is going to be reeling them in. 

Wouldnt give up on Coke just yet, bre.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2007, 11:09:08 AM »
I think Coker will play to his full potential, but I dont think he will help us get over the hump to make a stand in the BE.

He might be able to help us get five or six wins in the BE but it just doesnt cut it anymore.

kob24

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2007, 12:03:46 PM »
dele should be ready next year. ummmm just how many wins do u think cuts it?

gonzalo

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2007, 03:13:41 PM »

Names, please.

RedDrizzle,

OK. As you have said this off-season, I didn´t remember any player. 

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2007, 07:58:59 PM »
dele should be ready next year. ummmm just how many wins do u think cuts it?

ummm, above .500 in the BE.  Which probably wont even happen considering the improved BE this year. 

How many wins do you think will cut it? 

Stool

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2007, 09:28:19 AM »

Names, please.

Noone worthwhile would touch Kitchen with a 10 foot pole after Florida dropped him.

Forget 2008?! For years, even the biggest Normies were looking towards the loaded 2008 class. The thought process was that Norm would finally land an impact local recruit in that class whether is be Landesberg, Kemba Walker, Mookie Jones, Kevin Jones, Samardo Samuels, etc.

2008 is (actually WAS) a monumentally important recruiting class for Norm. He might have built a nice foundation with the 2007 class, but he absolutely needed to land a stud in 2008 to build on that momentum. He fell short with Landesberg, and I don't think he was a serious contender for any of those other players.

According to Normies like yourself, Norm will always land the big fish "next time." Next time comes, Norm strikes out, then it becomes next time again.

All I ask is you dont justify Norm's recruiting failures in 2008 by making uneducated, assanine statements like the 2009 class is "way more talented" than the 2008 class.

Tha Kid

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2007, 11:21:04 AM »
I actually have read that on the national level 2008 is a much weaker class than in past years, but with respect to NYC recruits I do not know if that is true or accurate.  Perhaps that is what some people are going by.
"I drink and I know things"

kob24

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2007, 11:29:51 AM »

Names, please.

Noone worthwhile would touch Kitchen with a 10 foot pole after Florida dropped him.

Forget 2008?! For years, even the biggest Normies were looking towards the loaded 2008 class. The thought process was that Norm would finally land an impact local recruit in that class whether is be Landesberg, Kemba Walker, Mookie Jones, Kevin Jones, Samardo Samuels, etc.

2008 is (actually WAS) a monumentally important recruiting class for Norm. He might have built a nice foundation with the 2007 class, but he absolutely needed to land a stud in 2008 to build on that momentum. He fell short with Landesberg, and I don't think he was a serious contender for any of those other players.

According to Normies like yourself, Norm will always land the big fish "next time." Next time comes, Norm strikes out, then it becomes next time again.

All I ask is you dont justify Norm's recruiting failures in 2008 by making uneducated, assanine statements like the 2009 class is "way more talented" than the 2008 class.
1. stupid i aint no normie watch ur mouth
2. u have no idea about basketball the 2009 class both in ny and in the country is better than the 08 class. i hate when people just read newspapers and look on the net and think they know ball. ive seen all those players from when they where freshman and coached a few of them including sylvan and kemba!!!!! who have u coached. breathe easy?????
3. the only 2 players i would have taken was kemba and sarmado. i like sylvan but i dont think he is a big east player. im not a fan of mookie and kevin jones. he didnt get a recruit for 08 he didnt get a recruit. you are bugging out ooohhh i heard about john doe from west bubble f*@# norm need to recruit him he has 4 stars. cut it out if u never seen the kid play maybs there is a reason the didnt recruit him.
4. im not a fan of norm but he coaches my player so im gonna have his back for the time being.
5. are u stupid no 1 with a 10 foot pole would touch him? who is kansas and kentucky and florida state? damn go out to a game and watch the kids play. hell u may learn something? and if u too old order espnu they got some good highschool games coming up this year. then maybe maybe i can respect ur words!!!!!!!

yo kid dont help this idiot he knows so much he dosent make "uneducated, assanine statements"!! any basketball fan can look at the players play and see 09 is better than 08. now if u want to single out a player and say he is better than him thats 1 thing but even that is a little hard. the only thing 08 class of new york has better then the 09 class is a true pg thats it. and whos to stay the studs of 09 wont turn into a true 1.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 11:45:04 AM by kob24 »

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2007, 12:01:24 PM »
kob,i understand where you're coming frombut i think 2008 is better than the 09 class. 09 is strong with omari, momo jones, kev parrom, lance, durand, spellman, sherrod wright, chazz williams but i dont think theyre better than sylven, samardo, erving walker, kemba, kevin jones, mookie jones, truck bryant, melquan (cant forget about him).

i agree with you though that people should go out and actually SEE the players (jeeze, what a concept) instead of posting on here what they read from scout.com, rivals or hoopscoop.  norm is going to have a tough time landing guys from 09 if he doesnt start winning and ive heard from people around the city that he jumps on the young kids too late (meaning after other high majors contact them).  its a vicious cycle right now and he needs to upset the order of things a little bit (like bobby gonzalez was quoted as saying ad is trying to do) in order to really climb the ladder in the conference.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2007, 01:41:15 PM »

Names, please.

1. stupid i aint no normie watch ur mouth

2. u have no idea about basketball the 2009 class both in ny and in the country is better than the 08 class. i hate when people just read newspapers and look on the net and think they know ball. ive seen all those players from when they where freshman and coached a few of them including sylvan and kemba!!!!! who have u coached. breathe easy?????

3. the only 2 players i would have taken was kemba and sarmado. i like sylvan but i dont think he is a big east player. im not a fan of mookie and kevin jones. he didnt get a recruit for 08 he didnt get a recruit. you are bugging out ooohhh i heard about john doe from west bubble f*@# norm need to recruit him he has 4 stars. cut it out if u never seen the kid play maybs there is a reason the didnt recruit him.

4. im not a fan of norm but he coaches my player so im gonna have his back for the time being.

5. are u stupid no 1 with a 10 foot pole would touch him? who is kansas and kentucky and florida state? damn go out to a game and watch the kids play. hell u may learn something? and if u too old order espnu they got some good highschool games coming up this year. then maybe maybe i can respect ur words!!!!!!!

yo kid dont help this idiot he knows so much he dosent make "uneducated, assanine statements"!! any basketball fan can look at the players play and see 09 is better than 08. now if u want to single out a player and say he is better than him thats 1 thing but even that is a little hard. the only thing 08 class of new york has better then the 09 class is a true pg thats it. and whos to stay the studs of 09 wont turn into a true 1.

Great post 24..  8) .. but ur better off ignoring this fugazi... he is a so-called "hater" of the highest order & he (along with a few others..lol) will be eating a HEALTHY portion of "crow" come january.. ;D .. btw - i disagree with u on Syl & KJ though. IMO, they both will eventually make an impact for their respective teams.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 02:11:50 PM by JJ »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2007, 08:16:25 PM »
 Question.  Last year Norm had a half hour show on SNY. Is it back?

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2007, 09:50:56 PM »
'08 got betta depth. There aint no doubt bout that.
But I think '09's top playaz will be betta that 08's top playaz even wit Lance aside. Durand gonna explode this year like y'all neva see.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

kob24

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2007, 12:53:38 PM »
1.sylven                                                                             1. lance (winner)
2.kemba (winner)                                                                2.durand
3.melquan                                                                          3.omari (winner)
4. erving (winner 4 now)                                                      4.kevin
5.patrick                                                    or                     5.james (winner)
6.truck (winner)                                                                  6.keith
7.mookie                                                                            7.winston(another of my players) (winner)
8.kevin (winner)                                                                   8.brian (another 1 of mine)
9.sean                                                                                9.sherrod (winner)
10.william (gottta go with my kid)                                          10.chaz (winner)

this is only my opinion. but i base these on personal viewings and coaching of the players. Skills and physical nature.Their basketball iq.Also age is a huge factor as well as college offers and choices. while the ones on the right have already chosen to pick at least 7 collesse. i can asure u the ones on the left picks will be higher majors in the end. and one or two from both sides will end up attending the same college.

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2007, 05:50:39 PM »
1.sylven                                                                             1. lance (winner)
2.kemba (winner)                                                                2.durand
3.melquan                                                                          3.omari (winner)
4. erving (winner 4 now)                                                      4.kevin
5.patrick                                                    or                     5.james (winner)
6.truck (winner)                                                                  6.keith
7.mookie                                                                            7.winston(another of my players) (winner)
8.kevin (winner)                                                                   8.brian (another 1 of mine)
9.sean                                                                                9.sherrod (winner)
10.william (gottta go with my kid)                                          10.chaz (winner)

this is only my opinion. but i base these on personal viewings and coaching of the players. Skills and physical nature.Their basketball iq.Also age is a huge factor as well as college offers and choices. while the ones on the right have already chosen to pick at least 7 collesse. i can asure u the ones on the left picks will be higher majors in the end. and one or two from both sides will end up attending the same college.

ok thats fair. i agree with most of your comparisons there actually. where is winston? i heard he was at money earnin mt vernon earlier this year but i dont see him on the roster
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

kob24

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2007, 06:15:13 PM »
winston isnt in mount vernon hes in another school right now not playing ball. we figured it was best for him 2 take a year off and hit the books. we was seriously thinking about sending him 2 mount vernon but i wasnt sure if he would have fit in there. but the coach is 1 of my favorite high school coaches im thinking of sending another 1 of my players there next year.