• 4 replies

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
"Soph Is Wright On"
« on: December 05, 2007, 04:41:03 PM »

December 4, 2007

Marlon Guild,  StormReport.com Staff

http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=747461

The Red Storm are currently 4-1 and moving in the right direction, and sophomore shooting guard Larry Wright is a big reason why.

"Larry is going to be a guy who will do some big things for us this year," St. John's coach Norm Roberts said back at the team's media day. "He'll bring a lot of athleticism to the team again this year for sure."

When Roberts made that statement back in early November, no one really knew what the 6-foot-2 guard could do with regular minutes.

Through five games, he has shown a lot of potential. He's currently second on the team in scoring at 13 points a game and first in three point percentage at 44 percent.

"I want this year to be a big year for me," Wright said. "The coaching staff put me in a good position to go out and play my game and that is what I plan on doing the entire season."

It is clear Wright is not the same player he was last year, when he averaged four points a game.

"As a freshman you don't really know how things are going to be," he said. "There were times last year when I was a little lost and the older guys had to show me the ropes. It's something all freshmen go through."

To get ready for the challenge, Wright had to focus on one thing the Red Storm coaching staff told him to do often.

"Shoot the ball," he said. "Coach told me not to be too unselfish and that I have to look for my shot more."

While looking for his shot might have been the problem, Roberts feels Wright has more in store for opponents this year.

Larry's added a little more muscle to his frame and that will only help his game develop as he's come in with a little more bounce to his game."

Take away the Miami game last Sunday and you can see the difference in Wright's game overall.

He's shooting the ball without hesitation and attacking the basket whenever the defense allows him to.

"This year I'm more confident on the floor," he said. "It started once we got back to school and had some open run games and continued on in practice. I worked hard in the off season and I hope to show that hard work in games this season."

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

Re: "Soph Is Wright On"
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 05:02:04 PM »
No doubt, Larry got hisself some game. A fine game at that. Tru.

But he had one of the worst game I ever see wit Miami fo a playa his calabar. Evrybdy goes cold so I aint even gettin on him bout missin the 3s. But he miss a lay up on the break wit little D bein played and he also miss from the line where the brotha is money. Hope he can toss this bad episode in the garbage and come back strong. Best thing fo a playa is if they got bad memries. Best believe.

-Choz4Life
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

pmg911

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 07:53:44 AM »

December 4, 2007

Marlon Guild,  StormReport.com Staff

http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=747461

The Red Storm are currently 4-1 and moving in the right direction, and sophomore shooting guard Larry Wright is a big reason why.

"Larry is going to be a guy who will do some big things for us this year," St. John's coach Norm Roberts said back at the team's media day. "He'll bring a lot of athleticism to the team again this year for sure."

When Roberts made that statement back in early November, no one really knew what the 6-foot-2 guard could do with regular minutes.

Through five games, he has shown a lot of potential. He's currently second on the team in scoring at 13 points a game and first in three point percentage at 44 percent.

"I want this year to be a big year for me," Wright said. "The coaching staff put me in a good position to go out and play my game and that is what I plan on doing the entire season."

It is clear Wright is not the same player he was last year, when he averaged four points a game.

"As a freshman you don't really know how things are going to be," he said. "There were times last year when I was a little lost and the older guys had to show me the ropes. It's something all freshmen go through."

To get ready for the challenge, Wright had to focus on one thing the Red Storm coaching staff told him to do often.

"Shoot the ball," he said. "Coach told me not to be too unselfish and that I have to look for my shot more."

While looking for his shot might have been the problem, Roberts feels Wright has more in store for opponents this year.

Larry's added a little more muscle to his frame and that will only help his game develop as he's come in with a little more bounce to his game."

Take away the Miami game last Sunday and you can see the difference in Wright's game overall.

He's shooting the ball without hesitation and attacking the basket whenever the defense allows him to.

"This year I'm more confident on the floor," he said. "It started once we got back to school and had some open run games and continued on in practice. I worked hard in the off season and I hope to show that hard work in games this season."

welcome back. .  where have you been..?

Poison

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 12:42:54 PM »

But he had one of the worst game I ever see wit Miami fo a playa his calabar. Evrybdy goes cold so I aint even gettin on him bout missin the 3s. But he miss a lay up on the break wit little D bein played and he also miss from the line where the brotha is money. Hope he can toss this bad episode in the garbage and come back strong. Best thing fo a playa is if they got bad memries. Best believe.

-Choz4Life

Anyone can have an off night.

Tha Kid

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 10:49:33 PM »

-Choz4Life

Anyone can have an off night.

Anyone can have an off night, but I agree with Choz that we gotta PRAY this guy has a bad memory.  He missed 2 free throws because he mentally was affected by his poor shooting, and we cannot have that.

Also, a player of his caliber should be DRIVING to the hoop and should keep shooting!  Larry in the 2nd half was def much much more passive when he was in because of his poor night.  We can't have that, either keep shootin the good shots and/or DRIVE to the hoop.
"I drink and I know things"