How many minutes do we have to offer?

• 11 replies
How many minutes do we have to offer?
« on: January 20, 2012, 12:28:18 PM »
Assuming that none of our players transfer after this season and with branch coming in, how many minutes do we have to offer?

The returning players minutes next year:
Moe           25
Deangelo  25
dom          20
GG            20
Branch      20
Phil           15
Amir          15
TOTAL       140

I look at those as the minimum each of those players will get. That leaves us with 60 minutes to hand out. I would think gathers and sampson would need at least 20, while opekba probably less than that.

So how many top recruits can we get having 60 minutes to dish out?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

MCNPA

Re: How many minutes do we have to offer?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 12:31:15 PM »
Assuming that none of our players transfer after this season and with branch coming in, how many minutes do we have to offer?

The returning players minutes next year:
Moe           25
Deangelo  25
dom          20
GG            20
Branch      20
Phil           15
Amir          15
TOTAL       140

I look at those as the minimum each of those players will get. That leaves us with 60 minutes to hand out. I would think gathers and sampson would need at least 20, while opekba probably less than that.

So how many top recruits can we get having 60 minutes to dish out?

Minimum of 3 which is at least 20 per game for those 3.  Some would gain a few and others would lose a few accordingly.

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 12:39:57 PM »
I believe I can say wit some certainty than Jamal Branch is goin to get way mo than 20 mpg.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Poison

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 12:48:09 PM »
Can Branch practice with them now?

DFF6

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 12:52:37 PM »
I believe I can say wit some certainty than Jamal Branch is goin to get way mo than 20 mpg.

I agree Choz.  I think Dom, Phil and Amir all see their time reduced to give Branch more minutes, but it also depends on the recruits that we get.  @ Poison, I think Branch is fully able to practice with the team now.

Moose

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 01:13:00 PM »
@ Poison, I think Branch is fully able to practice with the team now.

Correct
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 01:29:02 PM »

Agree.  I'm thinking 32 for Branch.  It will eat into Phil's time the most probably, but will also allow Green to come in and spell Harrison a bit more.  Mo and D'Lo's minutes will probably drop a bit which is a very good thing for eir health and stamina down th stretch.  It will all even itself out though, and there won't be guys wanton for PT.  it's still there for most of the guys.  Gift will also lose minutes to the PF/C's that we bring in. 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 01:31:27 PM by MCNPA »

desco80

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 01:39:57 PM »
This is a debate we're going to have throughout next season.  If we continue to use it, I could see this thread with more posts than the KA one by the end of next season lol   

Anybody remember how much Lav tinkered with the lineups and rotation last year?   If things fall right we're going to have a lot of guys with similar size and abilities.  We'll have to see who steps out of the pack and is rewarded with PT.  It's easy to predict now that certain guys will lose playing time, but what's to say things don't start to click for a guy like Dom after a full off-season program under Rico?  He could easily be a starter again.  We just don't know. 

Likewise some of the guys coming in may surprise as well.  A lot will have to do with how quickly they pickup on their responsibilities in the zone.

Let's go out and sign some kids so that we're fortunate enough to have this problem.

Marillac

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 01:53:00 PM »
If GG is playing 20+, something went terribly wrong.  I knock GG down to 15 (hopefully 12), and I see Branch between 25-28.  Harrison will be the kid that has to be on the court the most because he does something much better than anyone else on the roster:  shoot. 

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 02:08:24 PM »

This this the debate for me; most of the possible recruits we are looking at are 4/5 types. If they do in fact come on board that means a lot more minutes at the 3 for Mo and a lot less minutes for sir dom and amir at the 3. I still think those two will get quality minutes, but we know deangelo will get his minutes, so I still see us playing with only 1 out of the three guards (Deagelo, Phil, Branch) for some parts of the game, allowing for players like dom and amir to get some run together.

Thats why I origanly only stated 20 minutes for Branch, probably should have said more, but I don't think hell get 30 minutes
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

sju89tr

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 06:30:36 PM »
I am thinking about 30 for Moe and Harrison and in the 20-25 range for the others currently on roster with Gathers and Sampson (if we are able to get them) at about 20 each with GG and Greene getting the most drastic reduction in minutes.

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 08:27:55 PM »
Yea I think Gift, Greene and Garrett will all be role players next season.  Branch, Harrison and Harkless will be over 30 per game.  The rest will be a revolving door.  The best thing with having depth will be not having to worry as much about fouls.  I think that will really increase our defensive intensity next season.