In Honor of Fab Melo.. this Sat's chant should be...

• 138 replies
Re: In Honor of Fab Melo.. this Sat's chant should be...
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2012, 01:53:25 AM »
20-0 with Fab Melo in the line up. 2-1 with a blowout loss and two very close wins against average BE teams.
You have may been watching. Try paying attention.

A blowout loss to an improving ND team....  Marquette is an average Big East team?  Cincy on the road isn't exactly a gimmie game.  You don't know which West Virginia team is gonna show up.  Nevertheless, 'Cuse won the game.  Are they supposed to blow out every team they play? 

Poison

« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2012, 01:53:47 AM »
Drummond sucks. Uconn has 4 losses in the BE. They lost to Seton Hall and RU.
Ask Herb Pope if he'd rather face Melo or Drummond?

And again, I'm talking about REAL centers. Not bullsh*t centers. How do you not see
that Melo is the reason why Syracuse is 23-1? I don't understand how that isn't obvious
to anyone who follows the game.

So, you think Melo is the sole reason 'Cuse is 23-1?  LOL   I've had my laugh for this early morning. 

You're damn right. You're learning something. Melo is the x factor for SU. Without him, they are Marquette.
If you don't understand that I'm concerned that maybe you have blurred vision.

Let me explain in a way that you can follow. Melo opens up the floor for guys like Scoop, Waiters and Joseph. He is the reason they get wide open looks. Because you have to key on Melo, everyone else's game is elevated. Against ND, Cinci and WV SU's big men weren't big or talented enough to create that environment.

Poison

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2012, 01:57:37 AM »
20-0 with Fab Melo in the line up. 2-1 with a blowout loss and two very close wins against average BE teams.

A blowout loss to an improving ND team....  Marquette is an average Big East team?  Cincy on the road isn't exactly a gimmie game.  You don't know which West Virginia team is gonna show up.  Nevertheless, 'Cuse won the game.  Are they supposed to blow out every team they play? 

You are confused. Melo played against Marquette. In short, Melo hasn't been on the court for a loss year. To say that he isn't responsible for SU's massive jump this year is just silly. He absolutely is. If you've been watching the game since 79, you should know that a defensive center at that size in the BE is very, very rare.

« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2012, 01:58:42 AM »
Drummond sucks. Uconn has 4 losses in the BE. They lost to Seton Hall and RU.
Ask Herb Pope if he'd rather face Melo or Drummond?

And again, I'm talking about REAL centers. Not bullsh*t centers. How do you not see
that Melo is the reason why Syracuse is 23-1? I don't understand how that isn't obvious
to anyone who follows the game.

So, you think Melo is the sole reason 'Cuse is 23-1?  LOL   I've had my laugh for this early morning. 

You're damn right. You're learning something. Melo is the x factor for SU. Without him, they are Marquette.
If you don't understand that I'm concerned that maybe you have blurred vision.

Let me explain in a way that you can follow. Melo opens up the floor for guys like Scoop, Waiters and Joseph. He is the reason they get wide open looks. Because you have to key on Melo, everyone else's game is elevated. Against ND, Cinci and WV SU's big men weren't big or talented enough to create that environment.

The only thing I'm learning is when you argue with....  Nevermind.  I'm concerned that you're nothing more than a toady.

No one has to key on Melo.  You continue to reach for straws.  I saw some of those games (basically, all of the ND game) and they were still getting nice looks.  Get off it and let us know that you're nothing more than a toady for their program.  Go root for 'em, if you think they are the best thing since sliced bread.

« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2012, 02:01:19 AM »

You are confused. Melo played against Marquette. In short, Melo hasn't been on the court for a loss year. To say that he isn't responsible for SU's massive jump this year is just silly. He absolutely is. If you've been watching the game since 79, you should know that a defensive center at that size in the BE is very, very rare.

My bad....  I didn't intend to include Marquette.  No one ever said, he isn't responsible in some shape or form.  You were making it to be like he was the SOLE reason.   

He's a solid, defensive center.  He works well in their zone.  I'll give him that.  But, he isn't the best COLLEGIATE center at this moment. 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 02:03:55 AM by mjdinkins »

Poison

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2012, 02:06:29 AM »
He is the ONLY center. There is no one else. What has changed about that team from last year to this year? Basically, they added Melo to the starting line up, and graduated Rick Jackson. Who, to his credit was a solid 4 year player who improved every season.

What else has changed about Syracuse? Waiters is better. Scoop, Triche, Joseph and Fair are basically the same as they were. So, yes, I absolutely believe that he is the key to that team's success.

We will see this week and next how Melo stands up against GT and Uconn. So far, I distinctly remember him taking Young and Pope completely out of their games. It isn't fair to discount those performances. Like it or not, he's the most improved player in the nation.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 02:13:11 AM by Poison »

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2012, 02:06:55 AM »
He is the ONLY center. There is no one else.

LOL  You're full of it. 

« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2012, 02:09:09 AM »

So, you can have Melo, Drummond, Davis, or Sullinger to play center for SJU, you're taking Melo? You keep dodging this question.

« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2012, 02:11:52 AM »

So, you can have Melo, Drummond, Davis, or Sullinger to play center for SJU, you're taking Melo? You keep dodging this question.

It's apparent that he's full of it, 212.  He's manipulated the discussion (at least, he attempted) and dodged questions.  LOL   

I'd take Henry Sims over Melo.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 02:13:18 AM by mjdinkins »

Poison

« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2012, 02:14:50 AM »
Like I said, I'd take Melo over all of them. Especially, Drummond. A guy who was on the losing end of games against Seton Hall and Rutgers. That's pathetic.

Poison

« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2012, 02:17:35 AM »
Who the F is Henry Sims?

« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2012, 02:19:13 AM »
Like I said, I'd take Melo over all of them. Especially, Drummond. A guy who was on the losing end of games against Seton Hall and Rutgers. That's pathetic.

So, you're now blaming Drummond for UConn's losses to Seton Hall and Rutgers, respectively?  I guess this is your attempt to act like Baldi.

Poison

« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2012, 02:26:27 AM »
I think Drummond is highly overrated. I don't know how many times I can say that. I think he sucks, and I think he's going to be a huge bust at the NBA level. Just like most of these 6'8/6'9 "centers" will be, because they usually are.

« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2012, 02:29:57 AM »
I think Drummond is highly overrated. I don't know how many times I can say that. I think he sucks, and I think he's going to be a huge bust at the NBA level. Just like most of these 6'8/6'9 "centers" will be, because they usually are.

I also believe Drummond is a bit overhyped, but he still has time to mature.  Nevertheless, that wasn't my question.

Poison

« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2012, 02:31:45 AM »
Melo is better than Drummond. He will get his chance to prove it. Melo will have to hope that the 20-0 record his team has while he's been on the court isn't just luck.

« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2012, 08:29:49 AM »
So, let me get this straight. Every time Cuse wins, it is SOLELY because of Melo and his 7pts and 5rebs. And, every time UCONN loses it's only because of Drummond. OK, got it.

boo3

« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2012, 08:46:28 AM »
 Anthony davis is a center.  I'd take him as my anchor over any of the guys we all are arguing about... no question about it.

Melo got himself in good shape this year, as a result he has an impact on games. Not like Davis though...

« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2012, 10:54:39 AM »
So, let me get this straight. Every time Cuse wins, it is SOLELY because of Melo and his 7pts and 5rebs. And, every time UCONN loses it's only because of Drummond. OK, got it.

IMO, he's lost any credibility he might have had from this thread alone. 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 10:55:02 AM by mjdinkins »

Poison

« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2012, 10:57:15 AM »

IMO, he's lost any credibility he might have had from this thread alone. 

Yea, we'll see.

« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2012, 10:57:41 AM »
Anthony davis is a center.  I'd take him as my anchor over any of the guys we all are arguing about... no question about it.

I'd also take Davis over any of the players we're talking about in this thread.  But, I'd also take the guys I've mentioned over Melo.

Melo got himself in good shape this year, as a result he has an impact on games. Not like Davis though...

Yes, he's made an impact on several games.  He couldn't wear Davis' jockstrap.