TyShwan Edmondson - PG - University Heights Academy - ST. JOHN'S

• 105 replies

pmg911

Re: TyShwan Edmondson - PG - University Heights Academy - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2008, 03:58:11 PM »
Do you really think that Oz Cross & Kiami Young have had a bigger role in developing the basketball skills of their AAU players then the kids high school coaches..?
High school season lasts 3 months...AAU season is year round.  I developed a lot more with my AAU coach than I did with my high school coaches.  Same for a lot of other players.  As far as this particular situation...I don't know...but it would not surprise me if an AAU coach had a bigger role.

where did you go to high school..?

kob24

« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2008, 11:35:00 PM »
I don't know about kimani but Oz did

« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2008, 09:22:57 AM »
K's knowledge of the game is def and he could easly been a head coach on the PSAL or CHSAA but those jobs dont come along too often. Major D1 playa fo Don Haskins.

And Oz already coach high and AAU wit much success. 
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2008, 09:12:10 PM »
oh no he does the Larry Wright salute in starting lineups....

Don't worry, the fact he is 6'3, a lefty & does that "salute" are where the comparisons end.... listen i was one of Wright's biggest fans early on & he is definitely a better shooter than "T"... but the FACTS are he was a below average defender & did not give enough effort on/off the court. Especially on the practice floor.. ::) ... Once again, there is a "reason" he ended up at Oakland(lol)... Let's just say the kid from Kentucky has a much better "attitude" & goes all out on every play.... plus, judging by that video he loves playing the game, goes hard to the hoop, has major hops/long arms & is basically fearless out there.. 8) .. the only negatives i can see from the video is that he is a little "loose" with his dribble. His jumper didn't look half bad though... and yes i realize this is a "highlight" video. But a BLIND man could see this kid has talent & just needs to be developed.

Come on...do you hear yourself? How do you know he goes all out all the time? A good jumpshot? By a 2 minute highlight video? I'm not saying he is a bust but I'm not making him out to be better than what he is. Fact is he is relatively unknown.

Also do you think I was actually serious by judging his talent based off what he does when his name is announced? Its the same as Larry Wright. Its funny. Ironic. Its a joke.

http://forums.kentucky.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=kr-uksportsky&msg=44226.1&ctx=128

Relax JJ... i guess u missed my earlier post when i mentioned discussing our new recruits with coach 'Q'(loves edmondson), casey & a former sju player who works for the university. Plus, in EVERY article u read about 'T' from the local kentucky newspaper(courier journal?) it lauds this kid for his effort & states how he was their best player(not scotty hopson) down the stretch. U also might want to re-read this thread & review the discussion i had with a guy from a kentucky message board who HAS actually seen him play. U might find it interesting.. :) .. btw - i realize it was a joke... just used it as an oppurtunity to point out that Wright & Edmondson are two totally different players... despite their similar physical attributes.

http://fieldsnotes.wordpress.com/2008/02/07/h/

http://forum.bluegrassinsider.com/yaf_postsm56_08-PG-Tyshawn-Edmundson--UHA.aspx
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 09:19:27 PM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2008, 11:50:17 PM »
oh no he does the Larry Wright salute in starting lineups....

Don't worry, the fact he is 6'3, a lefty & does that "salute" are where the comparisons end.... listen i was one of Wright's biggest fans early on & he is definitely a better shooter than "T"... but the FACTS are he was a below average defender & did not give enough effort on/off the court. Especially on the practice floor.. ::) ... Once again, there is a "reason" he ended up at Oakland(lol)... Let's just say the kid from Kentucky has a much better "attitude" & goes all out on every play.... plus, judging by that video he loves playing the game, goes hard to the hoop, has major hops/long arms & is basically fearless out there.. 8) .. the only negatives i can see from the video is that he is a little "loose" with his dribble. His jumper didn't look half bad though... and yes i realize this is a "highlight" video. But a BLIND man could see this kid has talent & just needs to be developed.

Come on...do you hear yourself? How do you know he goes all out all the time? A good jumpshot? By a 2 minute highlight video? I'm not saying he is a bust but I'm not making him out to be better than what he is. Fact is he is relatively unknown.

Also do you think I was actually serious by judging his talent based off what he does when his name is announced? Its the same as Larry Wright. Its funny. Ironic. Its a joke.

http://forums.kentucky.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=kr-uksportsky&msg=44226.1&ctx=128

Relax JJ... i guess u missed my earlier post when i mentioned discussing our new recruits with coach 'Q'(loves edmondson), casey & a former sju player who works for the university. Plus, in EVERY article u read about 'T' from the local kentucky newspaper(courier journal?) it lauds this kid for his effort & states how he was their best player(not scotty hopson) down the stretch. U also might want to re-read this thread & review the discussion i had with a guy from a kentucky message board who HAS actually seen him play. U might find it interesting.. :) .. btw - i realize it was a joke... just used it as an oppurtunity to point out that Wright & Edmondson are two totally different players... despite their similar physical attributes.

http://fieldsnotes.wordpress.com/2008/02/07/h/

http://forum.bluegrassinsider.com/yaf_postsm56_08-PG-Tyshawn-Edmundson--UHA.aspx

I believe I said this somewhere is that if you talk to our coaching staff or people on the payroll of St. John's they are going to give a biased opinion/statement to someone like yourself(any person on the street). They are not going to publicly state anything negative about one of their own.

Also are you getting all your information from an unknown guy on a message board? Is this the same guy who told you Tyshwan played the 4 and you tried to inform everyone here about it(see earlier in this thread). If you base your opinion off of articles than there would be a lot of kids who would be awesome and completely dominant. Liam Biestly averaged 27ppg or something like that in high school. STUD!

If you want to base your opinion on what you have heard or read thats fine. My opinion is that I'm indifferent at the moment because I have yet to see Ty play. I can't go off a highlight film against unknown competition and say too much. I think you can see some of his physical capabilities and see a little ball handling and form but there are too many intangibles that are unknown for me to get as excited as you. I respect your opinion but I disagree at this point in time because simply as I said before I am too uninformed to have an opinion on him.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

pmg911

« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2008, 08:18:43 AM »
K's knowledge of the game is def and he could easly been a head coach on the PSAL or CHSAA but those jobs dont come along too often. Major D1 playa fo Don Haskins.

Kiami could never get a job as a CHSAA or PSAL coach with a drug conviction on hisd record....    Not taking a shot at him. .   its just the way it is...