TyShwan Edmondson - PG - University Heights Academy - ST. JOHN'S

• 105 replies

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
Re: TyShwan Edmondson - PG - University Heights Academy - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2008, 01:59:36 PM »
http://www.hoopsreport.com/player_database_details.php?id=328

Another short video of Ty.  Video is in the middle of the page

Just saw this post. Thanks for the video kjd..  8) .. here is another scouting report from '07 on him from that same site :

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:8g3GzhL0ZaAJ:www.hoopsreport.com/news/hoopsnews/allaclassic+TyShwan+Edmondson&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=50&gl=us

The Hoopsreport staff was eager to get another look at  University Height's Scotty Hopson who is a top 100 junior nationally and the 2nd ranked player in the state of Kentucky, but on this day it was Hopson's running mate, Tyshwan Edmondson who stole the show. Hopson had an off game and wasn't much of a factor. He was plagued by foul trouble that kept him out of the flow of the game and finished with a quiet 11pts-6reb-3ast.

Tyshwan Edmondson had a monster game and set a new career high with 33pts, beating his previous high of 29pts.  He had a good enough first half that we noticed him but didn't shine until late in the game when the score was close and Hopson was struggling.  That's when he took over hitting shot after shot and slowly put the game away and led University Height's to a 71-60 win over Heath. His final numbers were 33pts 10reb and 4ast. When we asked his coach about some of Edmondson's strength's here's some of the things he told us:

* Great work habit: he is the kind of kid that will stay after practice and shoot hundred's of extra shots and do defensive slides to improve his game.

* At 6'4 he is still growing

* He is very good at the point position where he keeps the game under control and gets his teammates involved.

* Very good offensive rebounder

*3.0 student

Schools: Vanderbilt,Florida,Wake Forest,Ohio St.

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2008, 09:00:12 AM »

btw - I hear "T" is the first one in the gym EVERY morning... working on his game & hitting the weights.. 8) .. imho, he will turn out to be the STEAL of this class.. ;) .. peace!

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

Poison

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2008, 09:53:45 AM »

btw - I hear "T" is the first one in the gym EVERY morning... working on his game & hitting the weights.. 8) .. imho, he will turn out to be the STEAL of this class.. ;) .. peace!

Good to hear. Thanks. Actually, I've heard that Phil Wait is the first one in the gym because he's getting there at 1 am thinking it's 7 am.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 09:54:59 AM by Poison »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2008, 10:30:06 AM »
hahahahaha!

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2008, 10:47:02 AM »
hahaha thats hilarious
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2008, 03:28:48 PM »
p.s. - In all seriousness, i think this class is being over-looked... with the "hype" of a possible '09 class of Stith, Lawrence & Parrom/Williams combined with the expected maturation of our '07 class - Burrell, Kennedy, Coker, Evans... etc... these recruits are getting lost in the shuffle.... all i know is i spoke to "Q", Casey & a former sju player a week ago & they were RAVING about these kids & their work ethic : Wait - legit 7'1, athletic, post player that runs the court... Edmondson - 6'4, still growing, jumps out of the gym, strong to the hoop, just needs muscle.... Roberts - 6'5, can play multiple positions, hits the open J, unselfish, strong & a very good passer.. ;D .. of course, they are freshmen & will have their share of growing pains... BUT... i can't wait for the season to start... yes, there are ALOT of "if's" but this team is the MOST talented team we've put on the court in a long, LONG time..  :o 8) ... it's all on Norm & Co. now... we've got the horses... now it's TIME to start winning some games : 18-20+ to be exact..  ;) ... the "gloves are off" normie... design an offense, pressure the ball & allow us "die-hards" to hold our heads HIGH again... if not... BEAT IT!!..  :) .. peace!!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 04:00:25 PM by JJ »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2008, 03:48:12 PM »
WHOA. Let's not get into predictions quite yet.  Work ethic doesn't win games unless there's talent behind it and that work is efficient, good work.

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2008, 04:00:02 PM »
Also keep in mind do you think the coaches are going to diss their own people? You have to remember where you are getting this info from. If you ask coaches about Tomas they'll say he is working really really hard this offseason...what does that translate into? Not much.

I don't doubt he is working hard but I think we should expect him to be working hard. I honestly don't expect anything out of this class out of the gates. So if they give us anything year one....great.

pmg911

« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2008, 06:07:46 PM »
p.s. - In all seriousness, i think this class is being over-looked... with the "hype" of a possible '09 class of Stith, Lawrence & Parrom/Williams combined with the expected maturation of our '07 class - Burrell, Kennedy, Coker, Evans... etc... these recruits are getting lost in the shuffle.... all i know is i spoke to "Q", Casey & a former sju player a week ago & they were RAVING about these kids & their work ethic : Wait - legit 7'1, athletic, post player that runs the court... Edmondson - 6'4, still growing, jumps out of the gym, strong to the hoop, just needs muscle.... Roberts - 6'5, can play multiple positions, hits the open J, unselfish, strong & a very good passer.. ;D .. of course, they are freshmen & will have their share of growing pains... BUT... i can't wait for the season to start... yes, there are ALOT of "if's" but this team is the MOST talented team we've put on the court in a long, LONG time..  :o 8) ... it's all on Norm & Co. now... we've got the horses... now it's TIME to start winning some games : 18-20+ to be exact..  ;) ... the "gloves are off" normie... design an offense, pressure the ball & allow us "die-hards" to hold our heads HIGH again... if not... BEAT IT!!..  :) .. peace!!

It is a post like this that will NEVER EVER allow a real fan of the game of basketball, forget St. John's, to ever take you seriously...  PURE COMEDY

The gloves were off last year too...

If this team wins 18 - 20 games next season...    you can have dinner on me at any steakhouse in NYC you like..   and I will pay on my bet if I lose.. 

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2008, 06:12:46 PM »
play nice boys...

« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2008, 06:13:31 PM »

It is a post like this that will NEVER EVER allow a real fan of the game of basketball, forget St. John's, to ever take you seriously...  PURE COMEDY

If this team wins 18 - 20 games next season...    you can have dinner on me at any steakhouse in NYC you like..   and I will pay on my bet if I lose.. 

Oldred, keep your optomistic posts coming. I enjoy them. Some others should stop being so negative all the time.

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2008, 06:18:38 PM »
Marco you play nice too....

« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2008, 06:20:22 PM »

PMG ask you to say that? LOL
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 06:21:10 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2008, 11:22:26 PM »

Oldred, keep your optomistic posts coming. I enjoy them. Some others should stop being so negative all the time.

RED, I will dream the dream with U. 4  down 2 to go.  Norm , CONGRATS!!!!!  I'm alot happier than I was yesterday!
Can we all agree?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 11:23:12 PM by queensrevolution »
The phrase perfect storm refers to the a simultaneous occurrence of events which, taken individually, would be far less powerful than the result of their chance combination. Such occurrences are, by their very nature, rare, and so even a slight change in any one event contributing to a ‘perfect storm’ would be sufficient to lessen the overall power of the final event.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2008, 09:58:22 AM »

PMG ask you to say that? LOL

Probably.. lol .. he can dish it out marco, but usually whines like a baby when he gets it thrown back his way... that is why i choose to ignore him now for the most part... it's like arguing with a schizophrenic ten year old at this point.. ;D ... regardless, neither he or anybody else will ever change my "optomistic" nature when it comes to SJU hoops & it has NOTHING to do with who is coaching the team at the time.. ::) .. I've been going to games with my family since i could barely walk & every year i "dream up" a scenario in which we reach the "promised land".. :o :) ... and one of these years the stars will align & we will have OUR moment in the sun... i truelly believe that we are on the verge of a RE-BIRTH... whether i'm right or not remains to be seen... but i refuse to TRASH a guy like Roberts & have no respect for anyone who does... The man grew up in NYC, is a class act, has only the BEST interests of the school/players in mind & is an actual "fan" of SJU as well. IMHO, he(and his staff) has put EVERYTHING he has into ressurecting this program... who in case people forgot, was on it's DEATH bed when he took the reigns 4 years ago thanks to that bald stooge Jarvis.. >:( ... To make a long story short : I like the team he has assembled & LET'S GO REDMEN!!!!.. 8) .. peace!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 10:28:08 AM by oldred10 »

« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2008, 10:08:18 AM »
every year i "dream up" a scenario in which we reach the "promised land"..

exactly--you dream and not look at the facts and live in reality.

i refuse to TRASH a guy like Roberts & have no respect for anyone who does

thanks to that bald stooge Jarvis

funny, how it is ok then to trash Jarvis then. not saying he did what was right, but he was representing SJU at the time yet it is ok when YOU feel it is ok.

pmg911

« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2008, 10:49:41 AM »
it's like arguing with a schizophrenic ten year old at this point.. 

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA..........

You calling anyone schizophrenic ..  PURE COMEDY...

Scotch 77 & 88, Old Red, Red Ghost, Redmen 55, JB24, Dele15, Bucky Waters, Red Royal, Ronnie15

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2008, 10:51:15 AM »
every year i "dream up" a scenario in which we reach the "promised land"..

exactly--you dream and not look at the facts and live in reality.

i refuse to TRASH a guy like Roberts & have no respect for anyone who does

thanks to that bald stooge Jarvis

funny, how it is ok then to trash Jarvis then. not saying he did what was right, but he was representing SJU at the time yet it is ok when YOU feel it is ok.

Funny, i'm surprised it took u this long to come to ur girlfriends defense.. :D .. my point about "dreaming up a scenario" was that some ACTUAL fans do that before each season. Reality has nothing to do with it... it's about thinking up the best possible scenario & hoping it plays out... even though u KNOW in all likelihood it will not... Get it now son?

Your second point is so stupid it's almost not even worth responding to.. ::) ... In a nut-shell : Roberts = class act who has slowly but surely RE-BUILT everything that phoney sc*mbag tore down.... Jarvis = bald criminal who destroyed the SJU program.... and everything he got from SJU fans was WELL deserved... plus, if i ever saw him on the street i would not hesitate to spit right in his face.. 8) .. peace!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 10:52:29 AM by oldred10 »

« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2008, 10:54:37 AM »
it's like arguing with a schizophrenic ten year old at this point.. 

You calling anyone schizophrenic ..  PURE COMEDY...

Scotch 77 & 88, Old Red, Red Ghost, Redmen 55, JB24, Dele15, Bucky Waters, Red Royal, Ronnie15

Red Royal.....LOL

« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2008, 10:57:29 AM »
this thread is for Tyshwan...enough already.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!