TyShwan Edmondson - PG - University Heights Academy - ST. JOHN'S

• 105 replies
Re: TyShwan Edmondson - PG - University Heights Academy - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2008, 10:59:24 AM »
The real question about Tyshwan is he going to be able to play the PG at this level?

We really need another PG on the roster besides Malik. If Ty isn't the guy who is?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2008, 11:06:27 AM »
Thats the biggest question mark of this years team...I don't see Paris being able to handle a lot of time at the point.  Lets hope Ty can.  Based on clips of Q. Roberts he seems more of a SG/SF than PG.  Kennedy as point forward?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2008, 11:08:58 AM »
This could be the pitfall to this year's team if Malik isn't playing well, in foul trouble, or hurt. Bodywise and looks Ty looks like Larry Wright. I don't think Ty has the same stroke though and I'm not sure if he can or can't play the point.

pmg911

« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2008, 11:51:58 AM »
This could be the pitfall to this year's team if Malik isn't playing well, in foul trouble, or hurt. Bodywise and looks Ty looks like Larry Wright. I don't think Ty has the same stroke though and I'm not sure if he can or can't play the point.

Very good point. .  point guard play is going to continue to be a major issue for St. John's..   the team struggles to score and Malik is not remotely an offensive point guard...    if Ty can really handle the position he will get a lot of minutes...

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2008, 04:39:04 PM »

He may "look" like Wright facially & body-wise... but that is where the comparisons END imo. Unlike larry, "T" brings his lunch pail to the court/gym EVERY day & is an in ur face defender who used to "lockdown" the oppenents best player in h.s... He may not be as good a shooter but he is fearless going to the hoop & is an excellent passer as well....  Larry is at Oakland(lol) for two reasons : he did not give 100% in the classroom & in practice for SJU... and couldn't handle being yelled at either.. :'( .. btw - it remains to be seen whether he can handle the pg spot at this level... but i for one wouldn't bet against TE at this "point".. ;) .. peace!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 04:45:13 PM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2008, 05:20:00 PM »
I haven't heard anything about Larry's academic failings.  Let's just leave the young man be, don't need to disparage Wright; and we don't know what kind of student Tyshwan's gonna be.  Hopefully he's as good a defender as his supporters make him out to be, and can dribble the team into sets without turning the ball over.  That would be TE doing a good job; anything else would be gravy, and greatly appreciated.

kob24

« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2008, 05:51:34 PM »
tyshawn isn't 6'5 he is like 6'2 and isn't big at all he has the biggest question. Mark for me

« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2008, 05:57:25 PM »
I haven't heard anything about Larry's academic failings.  Let's just leave the young man be, don't need to disparage Wright; and we don't know what kind of student Tyshwan's gonna be.  Hopefully he's as good a defender as his supporters make him out to be, and can dribble the team into sets without turning the ball over.  That would be TE doing a good job; anything else would be gravy, and greatly appreciated.

agreed...no reason to bash Larry...seemed like a good kid.

« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2008, 05:58:09 PM »
Lets leave Larry be. He isn't on the squad anymore and we shouldn't say anything to slander his name. I have no knowledge that he wasn't doing well in school. There were issues with his work ethic in practice but I'll pull a line from AI and we're talking about practice?

Every coach wants a guy to give it 110% in practice but Larry always brought it in games. You can't replace his J. I thought we under utilized him as a shooter and there is no way Tyshwan steps in and replaces what Larry offered us. You want to knock him for his defense? Well with whoever we replaced him with on the floor they weren't offering us much more on the defensive end nor did they even come close to what Larry offered us on the offensive end.

Larry couldn't handle the criticism or the yelling. Some players react differently to styles of coaching/discipline. I feel you have to treat every player differently some coaches feel they treat all their guys the same. Its a matter of opinion.

I've seen Ty and I think he is solid 6'3 but he is skinny. He looks a lot like Larry physically. I haven't seen him play though.

« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2008, 05:58:27 PM »
tyshawn isn't 6'5 he is like 6'2 and isn't big at all he has the biggest question. Mark for me

How is Paris doing...do you think he could log minutes at the point?

« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2008, 08:56:33 PM »

KOB living in reality. Thank you. You are not in your sleep waiting for the tooth fairy.

And coming from someone who said he doesn't put down people who wear the SJU uniform....seems like a little bit of hypocrite if you ask me.

I hope Ty can play the point but gets annoying when people always think "pie in the sky" rather than reality.

kob24

« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2008, 09:11:24 PM »
I'm not knocking tyshawn he can shot the ball but they have him at pg and I don't think he can handle it in the big east I maybe corrected let's see

« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2008, 09:24:14 PM »
I'm not knocking tyshawn

Either am I, it is better to be a bit more realistic and not make out every recruit to be the next NBA all star.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2008, 10:13:03 PM »
Hopefully the staff can teach Ty enough tricks and tools that he can hold down the point.  I mean, Geno did pick up some tricks along the way.  And Ty seems to be at least quick.

How about Quincy, do you think he can play the point for 5-10 minutes a game?  Be nice if Horne or Kennedy could... but that's probably asking a lot of them.

kob24

« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2008, 12:21:32 AM »
Paris maybe Quincy is gonna be a good defensive player very good he has the body and athleticism

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2008, 10:56:24 AM »
Good to hear about Quincy.  Are either of them quick enough to defend point guards?  Is Tyshwan?  If they can force turnovers (even if they make them as inexperienced points), maybe they'll have some value.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2008, 12:24:35 PM »

KOB living in reality. Thank you. You are not in your sleep waiting for the tooth fairy.

And coming from someone who said he doesn't put down people who wear the SJU uniform....seems like a little bit of hypocrite if you ask me.

I hope Ty can play the point but gets annoying when people always think "pie in the sky" rather than reality.

Pssssst.. i never said "T" was 6'5... just that he has long arms & is still growing.

Pssssst... Larry does not wear an SJU uniform anymore. And i did not "put him down"... i gave u the FACTS regarding his departure from SJU & pointed out that going to Oakland was not exactly a "step up" from the Big East.

Psssst... I never said that "T" can definitely play the point at this level. What i said was i would not count the kid out because he is talented, has a GREAT work ethic & is in the gym every morning working on his game.. 8) .. That is the "REALITY" of the situation.

Psssst.... no one hear is making this kid out to be an "all-star" son..  ::) ... just relaying what a few people on the SJU staff & a former sju player think of one of our incoming recruits... Nothing more, Nothing less.. :) .. peace!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 12:44:15 PM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

pmg911

« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2008, 01:03:48 PM »
just relaying what a few people on the SJU staff & a former sju player think of one of our incoming recruits... Nothing more, Nothing less.. :) .. peace!

*Picture of baby yawning

*Pic removed by KJD because it was huge and took forever for my computer to load (no need for useless pictures use words please)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 02:07:41 PM by kjd01067 »

« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2008, 01:07:12 PM »
just relaying what a few people on the SJU staff & a former sju player think of one of our incoming recruits... Nothing more, Nothing less.. :) .. peace!

picture of baby yawning

LMFAO

*Edited by KJD for same reason as listed above
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 02:08:55 PM by kjd01067 »

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2008, 04:42:55 AM »
p.s. - In all seriousness, i think this class is being over-looked... with the "hype" of a possible '09 class of Stith, Lawrence & Parrom/Williams combined with the expected maturation of our '07 class - Burrell, Kennedy, Coker, Evans... etc... these recruits are getting lost in the shuffle.... all i know is i spoke to "Q", Casey & a former sju player a week ago & they were RAVING about these kids & their work ethic : Wait - legit 7'1, athletic, post player that runs the court... Edmondson - 6'4, still growing, jumps out of the gym, strong to the hoop, just needs muscle.... Roberts - 6'5, can play multiple positions, hits the open J, unselfish, strong & a very good passer.. ;D .. of course, they are freshmen & will have their share of growing pains... BUT... i can't wait for the season to start... yes, there are ALOT of "if's" but this team is the MOST talented team we've put on the court in a long, LONG time..  :o 8) ... it's all on Norm & Co. now... we've got the horses... now it's TIME to start winning some games : 18-20+ to be exact..  ;) ... the "gloves are off" normie... design an offense, pressure the ball & allow us "die-hards" to hold our heads HIGH again... if not... BEAT IT!!..  :) .. peace!!

It is a post like this that will NEVER EVER allow a real fan of the game of basketball, forget St. John's, to ever take you seriously...  PURE COMEDY

The gloves were off last year too...

If this team wins 18 - 20 games next season...    you can have dinner on me at any steakhouse in NYC you like..   and I will pay on my bet if I lose.. 

Oldred, keep your optomistic posts coming. I enjoy them. Some others should stop being so negative all the time.

RED, I will dream the dream with U. 4  down 2 to go.  Norm , CONGRATS!!!!!  I'm alot happier than I was yesterday!
Can we all agree?

Welcome aboard "The Optomistic Express" brotha.. ;D .. btw - love the screen-name ""REVOLUTION"... something queens & this entrire country NEEDS at this time.. 8) .. peace!!

p.s. - chop Bu$h's head off first for TREASON sorrounding the ACTUAL events that took place before & after the 9/11 "attacks"..  :-X >:( ... and than alternate between democrats & republicans untill all the RATS/TRAITORS to this country are brought to JUSTICE for their roles in the MASSACRE of 3,000 americans in the middle of new york city & the THOUSANDS of our military personal and civilians slaughtered in Iraq based on the LIES of all these sc*mbags in D.C..  :-[ :-[ :-[ .. God Bless America!!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 12:31:28 PM by JJ »