TyShwan Edmondson - PG - University Heights Academy - ST. JOHN'S

• 105 replies

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
Re: TyShwan Edmondson - PG - University Heights Academy - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2008, 02:19:58 PM »
btw - Saw & spoke to Edmondson yesterday on campus with my cousin. He actually reminds of a shorter version of Kennedy. He is shy, skinny & definitely needs to put on 15-20 lbs of muscle. But from everything i have heard/seen he is a great athlete, loves the game & will do whatever it takes to win... He was walking by Taffner & i shouted out his name & he seemed absolutely shocked we knew who he was. I asked him how he liked NYC thus far & said he loved it. I thanked him for coming all the way from Kentucky to help restore our "good name"... we shook hands & he said something to the effect of "no doubt, that's what we are going to do".. :) .. the kid is still a "baby" physically but in a few years i think we REALLY got a "steal/sleeper" with this kid.... only time will tell.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 02:20:56 PM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2008, 02:24:25 PM »
btw - Saw & spoke to Edmondson yesterday on campus with my cousin. He actually reminds of a shorter version of Kennedy. He is shy, skinny & definitely needs to put on 15-20 lbs of muscle. But from everything i have heard/seen he is a great athlete, loves the game & will do whatever it takes to win... He was walking by Taffner & i shouted out his name & he seemed absolutely shocked we knew who he was. I asked him how he liked NYC thus far & said he loved it. I thanked him for coming all the way from Kentucky to help restore our "good name"... we shook hands & he said something to the effect of "no doubt, that's what we are going to do".. :) .. the kid is still a "baby" physically but in a few years i think we REALLY got a "steal/sleeper" with this kid.... only time will tell.

Good work Oldred! You should have asked him if he can run the point

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2008, 02:21:28 PM »

Thanks Mr. Baldi.. 8) .. my cousin will probably see him before i do again. So i will instruct him to ask that question when/if he runs into him.... My bad!

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2008, 02:31:22 PM »

I don't think he would say no. Marco is a regular...

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2008, 02:53:42 PM »

I don't think he would say no. Marco is a regular...

Ur probably right JJ... but i have mad respect for marco. He is one funny mother-f*cker & a fellow prepster as well. Although i have heard he has an ego the the size of Jarvies bald dome.. :D .. peace!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqAjA3ORFd8

p.s. -  just kidding buddy.. ;D .. Ron Burgundy Rules!!!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 03:01:09 PM by oldred10 »

« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2008, 02:02:58 PM »
I have no ego but the fact is is that Im the best poster around, just ask PMG

« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2008, 12:35:50 AM »
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2008, 12:49:31 AM »
oh no he does the Larry Wright salute in starting lineups....

« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2008, 12:50:09 AM »
also....do you hear the announcer "6'2 senior Ty..."

they also spell his name wrong at the end. Lets take bets what paper will spell it wrong first? Daily News or NY Post?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 12:51:55 AM by JJ »

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2008, 09:41:18 AM »

Don't worry, the fact he is 6'3, a lefty & does that "salute" are where the comparisons end.... listen i was one of Wright's biggest fans early on & he is definitely a better shooter than "T"... but the FACTS are he was a below average defender & did not give enough effort on/off the court. Especially on the practice floor.. ::) ... Once again, there is a "reason" he ended up at Oakland(lol)... Let's just say the kid from Kentucky has a much better "attitude" & goes all out on every play.... plus, judging by that video he loves playing the game, goes hard to the hoop, has major hops/long arms & is basically fearless out there.. 8) .. the only negatives i can see from the video is that he is a little "loose" with his dribble. His jumper didn't look half bad though... and yes i realize this is a "highlight" video. But a BLIND man could see this kid has talent & just needs to be developed.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 09:53:06 AM by oldred10 »

pmg911

« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2008, 10:09:15 AM »

But a BLIND man could see this kid has talent & just needs to be developed.

Here is the issue with this staff...   they DON'T DEVELOP PLAYERS..   they only kid I have seen major improvement from under this staff was Sean Evans last year..   and honestly. . I think a lot of that had to with the kid finally committing to basketball full time...

« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2008, 10:10:50 AM »

Here is the issue with this staff...   they DON'T DEVELOP PLAYERS..   they only kid I have seen major improvement from under this staff was Sean Evans last year..   and honestly. . I think a lot of that had to with the kid finally committing to basketball full time...

Maybe this is why Norm brought in some new coaches.

pmg911

« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2008, 10:12:26 AM »

Here is the issue with this staff...   they DON'T DEVELOP PLAYERS..   they only kid I have seen major improvement from under this staff was Sean Evans last year..   and honestly. . I think a lot of that had to with the kid finally committing to basketball full time...

Yeah ..  these guys both have such long historys of developing college level players...   ha ha ha ha

« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2008, 10:17:20 AM »

Yeah ..  these guys both have such long historys of developing college level players...   ha ha ha ha

Well, they seem to have a great record of developing High School players. Thats more than can be said of the other assistants, theyve already brought more talent in in a week than the others have in years. Its certainly easier to coach talented kids

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2008, 10:36:32 AM »

Here is the issue with this staff...   they DON'T DEVELOP PLAYERS..   they only kid I have seen major improvement from under this staff was Sean Evans last year..   and honestly. . I think a lot of that had to with the kid finally committing to basketball full time...

Beg to differ "pmg"... i've seen improvement from Mase but unfortunately the kid seems to have ZERO luck staying healthy. Plus, most of our FRESHMEN - evans, burrell, kennedy(our best player down the stretch) & even Horne(late) showed improvement during the season imo.... Has Norm & co. proven themselves to be big time coaches & talent developers yet? NO, of course not... but u have to remember they inhereited a bunch of "dogs" from Jarvis & unfortunately it took untill last years recruiting class to finally get some REAL players in here... now it's time for them & the TEAM to take that "next step" in their development... If not? Things are going to get ugly & i doubt that Norm and his staff would survive a complete "mutiny" by the students/fans after this season.... I for one think we finally have the "horses" & i'm expecting good things this year. Barring half the team going down with injuries... which i don't expect to happen.. :) .. peace!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 11:01:53 AM by oldred10 »

« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2008, 10:41:30 AM »

Don't worry, the fact he is 6'3, a lefty & does that "salute" are where the comparisons end.... listen i was one of Wright's biggest fans early on & he is definitely a better shooter than "T"... but the FACTS are he was a below average defender & did not give enough effort on/off the court. Especially on the practice floor.. ::) ... Once again, there is a "reason" he ended up at Oakland(lol)... Let's just say the kid from Kentucky has a much better "attitude" & goes all out on every play.... plus, judging by that video he loves playing the game, goes hard to the hoop, has major hops/long arms & is basically fearless out there.. 8) .. the only negatives i can see from the video is that he is a little "loose" with his dribble. His jumper didn't look half bad though... and yes i realize this is a "highlight" video. But a BLIND man could see this kid has talent & just needs to be developed.

Come on...do you hear yourself? How do you know he goes all out all the time? A good jumpshot? By a 2 minute highlight video? I'm not saying he is a bust but I'm not making him out to be better than what he is. Fact is he is relatively unknown.

Also do you think I was actually serious by judging his talent based off what he does when his name is announced? Its the same as Larry Wright. Its funny. Ironic. Its a joke.

pmg911

« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2008, 11:43:06 AM »

Yeah ..  these guys both have such long historys of developing college level players...   ha ha ha ha

Well, they seem to have a great record of developing High School players. Thats more than can be said of the other assistants, theyve already brought more talent in in a week than the others have in years. Its certainly easier to coach talented kids

Do you really think that Oz Cross & Kiami Young have had a bigger role in developing the basketball skills of their AAU players then the kids high school coaches..?

« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2008, 12:32:18 PM »

Do you really think that Oz Cross & Kiami Young have had a bigger role in developing the basketball skills of their AAU players then the kids high school coaches..?

Nowadays, I have no clue. Its getting hard to seperate the coaches. Do you think guys like Antigua and Tiny Morton are teaching kids the game?

« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2008, 01:03:29 PM »
This quote from Jeff Goodman is an experts view on AAU and reinforces my previously held opinions that AAU ball is about exposure and experience, not development. Not as immaterial as street ball but not fundamentally sound.  Am I wrong?

"I caught a few minutes of the Boost Mobile Elite 24 game, but it was so painful to watch that I had to turn it off almost immediately. I know it’s hard to fathom, but it’s even a step down from AAU ball in terms of the quality of play."

« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2008, 02:19:36 PM »
High school season lasts 3 months...AAU season is year round.  I developed a lot more with my AAU coach than I did with my high school coaches.  Same for a lot of other players.  As far as this particular situation...I don't know...but it would not surprise me if an AAU coach had a bigger role.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!