Khadeen Carrington - SG - Bishop Loughlin HS - Brooklyn, NY - SETON HALL

• 420 replies

LJSA

Re: Khadeen Carrington - SG - Bishop Loughlin HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2012, 07:39:09 PM »
Millhaven was as bad a basketball player as they come.

Those who can't do, teach.  ;D

MCNPA

« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2012, 01:18:27 AM »
Wonder if Steven Millhaven is related to former redman transfer Hugh Barry Millhaven who played for Lou and was in way over his talent level. Believe he transferred in with Curtis Aiken when Lou's recruiting fell off so bad he had to raid local D2 schools and drew criticism from some local college coaches. This period made Norm look like a recruiting servant.

Barry Millhaven had season tickets next to mine for quite a few years before Monasch moved everybody in his "points system"...  Very nice guy who brought his young son to every game.  I'm guessing he still is a season ticket holder.

Moose

« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2012, 08:44:01 AM »
Wonder if Steven Millhaven is related to former redman transfer Hugh Barry Millhaven who played for Lou and was in way over his talent level. Believe he transferred in with Curtis Aiken when Lou's recruiting fell off so bad he had to raid local D2 schools and drew criticism from some local college coaches. This period made Norm look like a recruiting servant.

Barry Millhaven had season tickets next to mine for quite a few years before Monasch moved everybody in his "points system"...  Very nice guy who brought his young son to every game.  I'm guessing he still is a season ticket holder.

I don't want this to venture away from Carrington but the point system was not a Monasch idea.
Remember who broke the Slice news

kjd01067

« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2012, 09:42:54 AM »
Those who can't do, teach.  ;D

Those who can't teach, teach gym.

Chilleb

« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2012, 11:26:14 AM »
really like this kid, hes hungry and has a ton of heart. think reshaping our backcourt with him and rysheed would be nice

Moose

« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2012, 11:33:25 AM »
http://zagsblog.com/articles/khadeen-carrington-piling-up-offers/#more-84960

Does Zags look at these quotes before posting them.  They just don't look right for anyone involved.

“We went to St. John’s a couple weeks ago,” she said. “That, too, is very attractive. It was very nice. We sat down on a one-on-one and I thought he was somewhat a very honest person.”

Chilleb

« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2012, 11:52:23 AM »

Does Zags look at these quotes before posting them.  They just don't look right for anyone involved.

“We went to St. John’s a couple weeks ago,” she said. “That, too, is very attractive. It was very nice. We sat down on a one-on-one and I thought he was somewhat a very honest person.”
what do you mean moose?

Moose

« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2012, 11:53:47 AM »

what do you mean moose?

I thought he was SOMEWHAT a very honest person.  The word somewhat irks me.  Just doesn't sound right or look right to me.  Then again I wasn't an English major so maybe I'm wrong.

« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2012, 11:54:46 AM »
I thought the same way after reading Moose.

Chilleb

« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2012, 12:07:13 PM »

what do you mean moose?

I thought he was SOMEWHAT a very honest person.  The word somewhat irks me.  Just doesn't sound right or look right to me.  Then again I wasn't an English major so maybe I'm wrong.
copy that, dosent make lav seem 100% genuine

« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2012, 12:37:15 PM »
as opposed  to that man of god kevin ollie at a basketball factory that is so committed to its student athletes that virtually none ever graduates. he has been there for three years and is on a short string as an interim coach that jimbo forced on them.

DFF6

« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2012, 12:40:40 PM »

what do you mean moose?

copy that, dosent make lav seem 100% genuine

Use of "somewhat" in the quoted statement is wrong.  Can't be somewhat very honest--he's either somewhat honest or very honest.  Maybe she meant "appeared a very honest person", which makes sense as she just might have met Coach for the first time that day, and has no way to really know if he is, in fact, a very honest person.

kjd01067

pmg911

« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2012, 12:34:51 PM »

Barry is a GREAT guy and I am guessing the player they are talking about is his son.

Also love Barry because he knocked Matt Brust out cold in practice with one punch..

paultzman

« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2012, 10:26:27 PM »
“@Raczok: Future #stjbb backcourt RT @jmattera83: “@NorthstarBball: Bishop Loughlin wins 74-56 over Vaux. Carrington with 28, Jordan with 25.” #stjbb”

paultzman

« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2012, 09:10:01 AM »
Congrats! Beats Jordan's team.

“@NYLightning1: MVP villa classic Khadeen Carrington 2014 bishop loughlin best player all day http://t.co/apPcqda3

« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2012, 09:37:25 AM »
"After picking up an offer from Florida State last week, the four-star prospect hopes to get on the Seminoles campus in near time. UConn, Cincinnati, West Virginia, Rutgers, St. John's and others have also offered the talented guard, who says that the Huskies, Mountaineers, Bearcats and Seminoles are standing out the most to him because of how frequently they stay in contact."

http://recruitscoop.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1449655

paultzman

« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2012, 01:15:15 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Per @eliovelez, #stjbb's Steve Lavin is at Wadleigh Rucker Classic to see Bishop Loughlin's Khadeen Carrington, among others. #collegehoops”