Carlos Morris - SG - Chipola CC - Jacksonville, FL - MINNESOTA

• 131 replies
Re: Carlos Morris - SG - Arlington Country Day - Jacksonville, FL
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2012, 01:49:34 PM »
Will this kid want to come here with all the minutes D'lo eats up?

Isn't it supposed to be Schmuckboy?
Sorry, I flunked out of Hebrew school.

So did Adam Sandler....LOL!!!

« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2012, 09:34:43 PM »

He flunked out of comedy school too.

Tha Kid

« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2012, 10:39:18 AM »
He once had to repeat every grade from kindergarten to twelfth grade as well.  Crazy life that Billy Madison.
"I drink and I know things"

sju89tr

« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2012, 10:55:34 AM »

He flunked out of comedy school too.

I didn't flunk out, I got kicked out LOL

« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2012, 03:29:53 PM »
I hope you didn't misunderstand, sju89.  I meant that Adam Sandler flunked out of comedy school.  The guy makes Ben Stiller look like a comic genius.  Jeez!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 03:30:27 PM by simplyred »

Gumby

« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2012, 05:59:37 PM »
It has been pretty quiet on the Carlos Morris recruitment these past few weeks. He seemed pretty interested then. What about now?

pmg911

« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2012, 11:34:47 AM »
As of last week, he was wide open.

Marillac

« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2012, 02:56:11 PM »
I'd be really worried about Martin grabbing him sooner rather than later.  Florida is Martin's state, and he can recruit.

paultzman

« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2012, 12:48:40 PM »
Team cohort Ian Baker going to Providence

“@KevinMcNamara33: Providence continues to add to big recruiting class; G Ian Baker up next. http://t.co/XDPYxxwP

« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2012, 01:11:48 PM »
shurinaCheese must be very happy. >:(

paultzman

« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2012, 02:56:31 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: 2012 G Carlos Morris is now being courted by  St. John’s, Xavier, Tulane & South Carolina, Country Day coach Rex Morgan told @SNYtv”

mkras99

« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2012, 03:12:58 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: 2012 G Carlos Morris is now being courted by  St. John’s, Xavier, Tulane & South Carolina, Country Day coach Rex Morgan told @SNYtv”

Morgan was on the Jacksonville team that made it to the NCAA finals, losing to UCLA (I'm sure crgreen will write a short post about that game and UCLA's third-string center).  Cool story/update here:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7744074/how-jacksonville-earned-credit-card-paul-hemphill

crgreen

« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2012, 04:39:08 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: 2012 G Carlos Morris is now being courted by  St. John’s, Xavier, Tulane & South Carolina, Country Day coach Rex Morgan told @SNYtv”

Morgan was on the Jacksonville team that made it to the NCAA finals, losing to UCLA (I'm sure crgreen will write a short post about that game and UCLA's third-string center).  Cool story/update here:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7744074/how-jacksonville-earned-credit-card-paul-hemphill

Naw.  Sufficient to say, after Jacksonville dominated to start the game with an apparently unstoppable Artis Glmore,  Sidney Wicks begged Wooden to let him switch to guarding center, intead of PF Pembrooke Burrows.  Sid blocked four of Gilmore's next 6 shots (1 was a goal tend, but still an intimidating play) and Artis was a non-factor the rest of the way as UCLA  cruised to an 80-69 win and Title #6.  Sid was MVP with 17 pts & 18 rebs, center Steve Patterson easily won the matchup with PF Burrows, posting 17/11, and Curtis Rowe took the SF battle with 19/8.  Tho Morgan had 10 pts & 11 assists, he was still outplayed by UCLA's John Vallely, who got 15pts 7 rebs and 5 assists - Morgan fouled out trying to defend him.

Jacksonville was SUPPOSED to have dominated on the boards with their front line of 7'2 Gilmore, 7'0 Burrows, 6'10 McIntyre,  and 6'6 PG Morgan, but UCLA won that battle 50-38 with the 6'9 Patterson, 6'8 Wicks, 6'6 Rowe, and 6'3 Vallely.

Oh well, sure - what the heck....3rd string center Jon Chapman got in for 2 minutes of garbage time, missed his only shot, but did hit the stat sheet with one rebound!   :)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 04:42:43 PM by crgreen »

SJU85

« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2012, 05:27:22 PM »
I saw the documentary about UCLA and Wooden that HBO did.  Wicks and Wooden retold the story about the defensive switch.  Real good documentary.

Moose

« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2012, 09:50:55 PM »

Naw.  Sufficient to say, after Jacksonville dominated to start the game with an apparently unstoppable Artis Glmore,  Sidney Wicks begged Wooden to let him switch to guarding center, intead of PF Pembrooke Burrows.  Sid blocked four of Gilmore's next 6 shots (1 was a goal tend, but still an intimidating play) and Artis was a non-factor the rest of the way as UCLA  cruised to an 80-69 win and Title #6.  Sid was MVP with 17 pts & 18 rebs, center Steve Patterson easily won the matchup with PF Burrows, posting 17/11, and Curtis Rowe took the SF battle with 19/8.  Tho Morgan had 10 pts & 11 assists, he was still outplayed by UCLA's John Vallely, who got 15pts 7 rebs and 5 assists - Morgan fouled out trying to defend him.

Jacksonville was SUPPOSED to have dominated on the boards with their front line of 7'2 Gilmore, 7'0 Burrows, 6'10 McIntyre,  and 6'6 PG Morgan, but UCLA won that battle 50-38 with the 6'9 Patterson, 6'8 Wicks, 6'6 Rowe, and 6'3 Vallely.

Oh well, sure - what the heck....3rd string center Jon Chapman got in for 2 minutes of garbage time, missed his only shot, but did hit the stat sheet with one rebound!   :)

I can't even remember our game against Providence last year and look at the blow by blow Cr gives.
Remember who broke the Slice news

crgreen

« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2012, 04:44:40 AM »

I can't even remember our game against Providence last year and look at the blow by blow Cr gives.

Trust me Moose - if you're still alive 42 years after Lavin & St. Johns win the NCAA Title game, you'll be able to recall blow-by-blow as well.

Moose

« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2012, 10:58:13 AM »

Trust me Moose - if you're still alive 42 years after Lavin & St. Johns win the NCAA Title game, you'll be able to recall blow-by-blow as well.

If we win the National Championship I wont live to see the next day :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

derk

« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2012, 11:51:58 AM »

If we win the National Championship I wont live to see the next day :)

Good one Moose. They'll be a few of us who will die happy after that.  :2funny:

« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2012, 11:57:56 AM »

Extra nugget cr - the Final Four was played at the only on campus venue to host 2 Final Fours. 

pmg911

« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2012, 11:40:06 AM »
Sidney Wicks begged Wooden to let him switch to guarding center, intead of PF Pembrooke Burrows.  Sid blocked four of Gilmore's next 6 shots (1 was a goal tend, but still an intimidating play) and Artis was a non-factor the rest of the way as UCLA  cruised to an 80-69 win and Title #6.  Sid was MVP with 17 pts & 18 rebs,

Hearing Wicks tell this story in the HBO special about UCLA was one of the best parts of the special.