Moe and the 2012 Draft

• 982 replies

Moose

Re: Moe and the 2012 Draft
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2012, 08:51:32 AM »
I tale him over both Zellers and Jones

Well again Zellers are Centers.  Jones is a PF.  Moe is a 3 at heart.  So taking 'over' someone is really tough to debate.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2012, 08:58:04 AM »

That is why you are not an NBA scout. 

« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2012, 08:58:19 AM »
Ya I agree. Nobody needs Sam Bowie though. Whose better in 5 years. Harkless or the others u mentioned?

tnice

« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2012, 09:00:38 AM »
Give me 10 guys you take over H
Anyone else think he is a top 10 pick right now? His potential is off the charts. Although next year, he's the # 1 pick imo

Are you insane?

Give me 10 guys you take over Harkless

Anthony Davis
Michael Kidd Gilchrest
Harrison Barnes
Thomas Robinson
Cody Zeller
Terrance Jones
Tyler Zeller

I don't want to start writing guards because it all depends on needs.  Not every teams is going to draft a 3, 4 or 5.  Some will need 1 and 2's so these bigs will drop.

Perry Jones III
a bunch of European guys we've never heard of

“[I want him to stay] because I think that it’ll help him grow more, grow him stronger, mature, and he can further his education a little bit more also,” Rosa said. “But the ultimate decision is his. He’s 18. ... I can’t really tell him the choices to make.”

Moe Harkless (25 points on 10-16 shooting) goes 6-foot-8, 210 pounds. Another year in the weight room will be magical for him.

“And I think this team is gonna be amazing next year,” Rosa said.

If he was guaranteed top ten it wouldnt matter...but if it's a roll of dice where he'll go ( which it is), and moms wants him to stay, my guess is he stays.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 09:02:01 AM by tnice »

Poison

« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2012, 09:20:47 AM »
Anyone else think he is a top 10 pick right now? His potential is off the charts. Although next year, he's the # 1 pick imo

Are you insane?

Anthony Davis
Michael Kidd Gilchrest
Harrison Barnes
Thomas Robinson
Cody Zeller
Terrance Jones
Tyler Zeller

I don't want to start writing guards because it all depends on needs.  Not every teams is going to draft a 3, 4 or 5.  Some will need 1 and 2's so these bigs will drop.

Big men are so hard to predict. Unless they are a legit center, or a Patrick Ewing type, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Everyone is all over Thomas Robinson's Johnson. We'll see. Derrick Williams was a pretty big deal last year. What's he up to now? Nothing. Harkless can face the basket. He can put it on the floor. He needs a lot of work, but he is a great prospect.

Moose, there are a lot of guys on that list that are going to be pushed around like rag dolls in the league. Moe won't have to play the 4 in the league, but most of those guys will.

Moose

« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2012, 09:29:37 AM »

Are you insane?

Anthony Davis
Michael Kidd Gilchrest
Harrison Barnes
Thomas Robinson
Cody Zeller
Terrance Jones
Tyler Zeller

Big men are so hard to predict. Unless they are a legit center, or a Patrick Ewing type, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Everyone is all over Thomas Robinson's Johnson. We'll see. Derrick Williams was a pretty big deal last year. What's he up to now? Nothing. Harkless can face the basket. He can put it on the floor. He needs a lot of work, but he is a great prospect.

Moose, there are a lot of guys on that list that are going to be pushed around like rag dolls in the league. Moe won't have to play the 4 in the league, but most of those guys will.

There really are defined positions anymore.  Most are 5/4's or 4/3's or 1/2's.  I know that Moe won't have anything to do with the 4 on most teams in the NBA outside of spelling a few minutes here and there.  See I wasn't big on Derrick Williams because he was undersized body of 4 and would need to play a lot of 3 which I wasn't sold on.  Still time for him though.

All boils down to teams and needs.

Poison

« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2012, 09:35:08 AM »
Also, I think Harrison Barnes will be a 6 point and 3 rebound guy in the league.

Moose

« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2012, 09:37:05 AM »
Also, I think Harrison Barnes will be a 6 point and 3 rebound guy in the league.

Bigger question is how long do you see him playing in the League.  Because regardless of the numbers its the longer you can collect a paycheck.  I love Barnes' game.  Him and McAdoo more than Henson on UNC.

Tha Kid

« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2012, 09:56:59 AM »
Poison,

How can you write off Derrick Williams already?  He's a 20 year old rookie who is getting 15-20 mins a game. He actually had a 27 point game just last week.  I agree he's not a no doubter like Kyrie was, but he still has the potential to be a very very good player.  His future is not set in stone yet by any means.  Although their games are different, Luol Deng comes to mind as someone drafted top 3 after his frosh season, was decent for a while, and then the last couple of years has emerged as a borderline all star.  Wouldn't be surprised at all if Derrick had a similar enough trajectory.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2012, 10:05:42 AM »
i hate to say this, but big difference in the team next year with or without moe.  i love our players, but they are not necessarily scorers.  unless we land sampson, where are the points going to come from besides harrison.  especially in the front court.

« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2012, 10:08:30 AM »
Moe will most likely end up being a SF in the NBA, but that is actually a problem at this stage because he doesn't shoot well enough to play that position in the pros.  It would be nice to see him come back for another year, work on perfecting that 15-18 foot jump shot, and end up being a top 10 pick in 2013.

Happy

« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2012, 10:44:41 AM »

Bigger question is how long do you see him playing in the League.  Because regardless of the numbers its the longer you can collect a paycheck.  I love Barnes' game.  Him and McAdoo more than Henson on UNC.

I love Barnes game as well . He is one of those guys who will be a better pro.  That mid range jumper he got is deadly.

« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2012, 02:26:17 PM »
or Barnes can he up like Ronnie Brewer or Antoine Wright or Jarvis Hayes
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2012, 03:37:35 PM »

I see caron butler in him
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2012, 03:43:36 PM »

Filling in for Class of 72 as head stalker?

« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2012, 03:47:52 PM »

Saying you are not a scout is the equivalent to a stalker?

What's next?  Calling you an idiot is equivalent to being a rapist?

...The people at Iona...

« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2012, 03:59:42 PM »

...The people at Iona...

Should I just call you Shariff?

« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2012, 04:02:41 PM »

...The people at Iona...

I got hand it to you it must have taken you 3 hours to come up with that one...

Putting that degree to work, I like it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 04:03:01 PM by fordham96 »

« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2012, 05:32:01 PM »

...The people at Iona...

I got hand it to you it must have taken you 3 hours to come up with that one...

Putting that degree to work, I like it.

Alright bro enough,noone cares.

« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2012, 08:43:23 PM »

I see caron butler in him
I like that comparison as well but I don't know if he has the heart of Caron that is Barnes weakness doesn't response to adversity  2 well
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"