2012 Class Rank

• 1 replies
2012 Class Rank
« on: May 01, 2012, 03:30:42 PM »
First of hall, kudos to Coach Lavin, and shame on all of you who doubted him...if even for a moment.   The guy is a closer. 

Regarding 2012 Class Rank, I know its difficult to gage, because ranking services rarely evaluate JC or 5th year players, but I look at ESPN's top 25 and believe we are clearly better than all the schools ranked 20-25.  Where do you all feel we rank and have you seen any full class evaluations that include our recent additions? 

Thank you, Love reading all of your posts. 

crgreen

Re: 2012 Class Rank
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 11:31:33 PM »
First of hall, kudos to Coach Lavin, and shame on all of you who doubted him...if even for a moment.   The guy is a closer. 

Regarding 2012 Class Rank, I know its difficult to gage, because ranking services rarely evaluate JC or 5th year players, but I look at ESPN's top 25 and believe we are clearly better than all the schools ranked 20-25.  Where do you all feel we rank and have you seen any full class evaluations that include our recent additions? 

Thank you, Love reading all of your posts.

Really too soon to speculate.  We'e still in the running to land TWO additional ranked players.   Rankings vary from site to site.  Some rank heavily weighted to the quality of the top recruits, others are heavily impacted by volume.  Some include transfers, others don.t  If we were to land say, Chandler and Obekpa, giving us 8 recruits, four of them top 50 recruits, another possibly top 100 when final rankings are complete, and another a JC All American.  And that's a top 10 class...Of course, depends on timing.   Last year a similar class ended up #2 - but wiht KY, AZ and UCLA's classes this year, that's not going to happen :)