Evan Hubbard - SG - New Heights - Deer Park, NY

• 21 replies
Evan Hubbard - SG - New Heights - Deer Park, NY
« on: June 09, 2012, 12:27:31 PM »
Alex Kline ‏@TheRecruitScoop
St. John's is now recruiting 2014 SG Evan Hubbard of New Heights.

Anyone know anything?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 08:53:10 AM by kjd01067 »

Re: Evan Hubbard - SG - New Heights
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 01:50:40 PM »
Alex Kline ‏@TheRecruitScoop
St. John's is now recruiting 2014 SG Evan Hubbard of New Heights.

Anyone know anything?
Yes, I do now. St. John's is now recruiting 2014 SG Evan Hubbard of New Heights. Sorry, i apologize, i couldn't resist. Also trying to build up my posting numbers. :) :idiot2: :uglystupid2: Now does anyone have any helpful info?

gman

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 02:32:29 PM »
Is he on 17u?

LJSA

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 03:30:29 PM »
Is he really a 6'7" SG?

paultzman

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 11:37:28 AM »
“@TheRecruitScoop: Alabama is now expressing interest in 2014 New Heights SG Evan Hubbard, who was at St. John's yesterday.”

Moose

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 11:44:05 AM »
Is he really a 6'7" SG?

ESPNn has him as 6'6" and 210

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/164985/evan-hubbard

Strengths:
Hubbard is a big facilitating forward with a versatile skill set and a tremendous feel for the game. He uses his body to create space off the dribble, can go left or right, has a pull-up and a floater game, can make the 3 or finish inside the lane. He'll bring smaller guys to the block and is capable of seeing the floor and facilitating for others from a variety of different spots.

Weaknesses:
Hubbard isn't a high level athlete and is somewhat limited in terms of his quickness and athleticism. He's going to have to establish a position for himself defensively, either by growing another inch or two or improving his foot speed in attempt to contain quicker wings on the perimeter.

Bottom Line:
He's a stocky combo-forward with a versatile skill and terrific feel for the game. Very reminiscent of former Providence College forward Geoff McDermott.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Chilleb

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 11:53:06 AM »
We played against him this year and he wasn't much of a factor as we pulled out the under dog victory. Seemed a bit over weight to me . But non the less he was only a sophomore has plenty room for improvement. I would say more 6'4, max 6'5
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 11:54:27 AM by Chilleb »

MCNPA

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 11:58:21 AM »
Sounds like an odd fit for Lavin.  They either see something in him they really like or are just showing some interest to keep tabs. 

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 12:56:26 PM »
Sounds like an odd fit for Lavin.  They either see something in him they really like or are just showing some interest to keep tabs. 

Team Scan=McColough
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Chilleb

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 01:04:44 PM »

Team Scan=McColough
Just call him "package deal Lav"

Moose

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 01:10:45 PM »

Team Scan=McColough

It says New Heights, not Team Scan?

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 01:12:56 PM »
He runs with New Heights and Juice throughout the spring/summer season I believe. Also I think its the 16U's.

MCNPA

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 01:17:21 PM »

Team Scan=McColough

I have no problem with that.  I just thought it would be Conrad or Newkirk.  Didn't realize Hubbard was team scan.  Lavin packages kids that can both play which is a big plus.  Guys like Balamou, Bourgault and Hooper can all help us.  Instant chemistry.  He's done a great job with it thus far in building this team.  Sanchez/Bourgault, Jakarr/Hooper, Balamou/Obekpa and hopefully ...McCullouugh/Hubbard.   ;)

Moose

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 01:46:11 PM »

Team Scan=McColough

I have no problem with that.  I just thought it would be Conrad or Newkirk.  Didn't realize Hubbard was team scan.  Lavin packages kids that can both play which is a big plus.  Guys like Balamou, Bourgault and Hooper can all help us.  Instant chemistry.  He's done a great job with it thus far in building this team.  Sanchez/Bourgault, Jakarr/Hooper, Balamou/Obekpa and hopefully ...McCullouugh/Hubbard.   ;)

Not convinced he's Scan

http://fivestarbasketball.com/teams/team-scan-16u-2012

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 03:50:44 PM »

Team Scan=McColough

Not convinced he's Scan

http://fivestarbasketball.com/teams/team-scan-16u-2012

I might have been wrong moose, thought I read team scan somewhere.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

Re: Evan Hubbard - SG - New Heights - Deer Park, NY
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 07:01:45 PM »
“@Ev_Vegas: Going to St. Johns midnight madness👌”

Chilleb

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2012, 02:46:29 AM »
Doing the home and home thing and playing against him again this year, will keep you posted.

paultzman

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 08:42:19 AM »
Doing the home and home thing and playing against him again this year, will keep you posted.

Told he is now 6'7. Chille, please measure him and submit data to Moose!