Midnight Madness

• 252 replies

Moose

Re: Midnight Madness
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2012, 04:33:08 PM »
I feel like we're reaching just to get recruits to attend our event , only guy so far coming who has to make a decision in the next 2 years is jermaine

Well we have 4 targets in 13.

Jordan already visited and had a great time.
Lawrence is visiting.
Martin I'm not sure where he's going.
And Ish has us scheduled as his last official later this month.

We don't have many ships in 13 to give and 14 is a bit of a mystery # as well.  We know the 14 targets really.  15 is the next BIG class needed.  Makes sense to make those inroads.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Happy

« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2012, 04:34:27 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille
A few other confirmed visitors for St. John's Friday: Ethan Hubbard, Chris Atkinson, Devonte Green and Tremont Waters. #stjbb

Really like devonte not so much Hubbard , Chris is ok

Chris loves St john's.. Kid is nice Chileb :)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 04:46:05 PM by Happy »

paultzman

« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2012, 04:35:34 PM »
I feel like we're reaching just to get recruits to attend our event , only guy so far coming who has to make a decision in the next 2 years is jermaine

Lawrence is visiting.

We don't have many ships in 13 to give and 14 is a bit of a mystery # as well.  We know the 14 targets really.  15 is the next BIG class needed.  Makes sense to make those inroads.

+1

Chilleb

« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2012, 04:41:29 PM »

Lawrence is visiting.

+1
Agreed, but wouldn't you think if that's the case we would have the upper echelon 15 recruits coming? Hubbard is far from elite, and Chris is ok

NYCoffey

« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2012, 04:46:12 PM »
"15 is the next BIG class needed.  Makes sense to make those inroads."

I was looking at ESPN today and we were involved with 4 of the top 25 (Briscoe was one and I haven't heard much about him recently). Towns was ranked #1 and Govan was around #15. A couple of good seasons and players going to the league and we will have a monster recruiting coming in 2015.

Moose

« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2012, 04:49:17 PM »

Lawrence is visiting.

+1
Agreed, but wouldn't you think if that's the case we would have the upper echelon 15 recruits coming? Hubbard is far from elite, and Chris is ok

Midnight Madness has never been a real big tool for us in terms of recruiting.  Pelle and Amir didn't come and committed.  Most of that class I think was on board prior to MM.  Last year we had guys come and verbal but never make it.  I don't just get as hung up on who actually shows up.  Its the chance for most of these kids to get a free trip in many cases if they are on officials.  We can cater to the local kids and keep their coaches and handlers happy.

« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2012, 04:58:51 PM »

Lawrence is visiting.

+1

Man Chilleb you are tough.  LOL!!!

Lavin is killing it recruiting wise, is on the final list of 4 legit top 50/40 recruits for 2013 and we are complaining about who he has coming to MM.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 09:17:05 AM by fordham96 »

Moose

« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2012, 05:04:29 PM »

Lawrence is visiting.

+1

Man Chris Chilleb you are tough.  LOL!!!

Lavin is killing it recruiting wise, is on the final list of 4 legit top 50/40 recruits for 2013 and we are complaining about who he has coming to MM.

It's all because Jon Severe isn't coming to our MM ;)

paultzman

« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2012, 05:22:17 PM »
“@Kieran_Lynch: Jermaine Lawrence, Evan Hubbard, Bryce Aiken, Chris Atkinson, Devonte Green Tremont Waters set to attend Tip-Off http://t.co/SPRmAZe8 #stjbb”

Aiken is a teammate of Lawrence I believe.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 05:24:18 PM by paultzman »

Chilleb

« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2012, 05:25:25 PM »

Lawrence is visiting.

+1

Lav is torching the recruiting trails just thought for so much anticipation / speculation for this year accompanied by the recruiting success I was expecting a bit more. And Chris is good I see him as more of a slasher than facilitator at this point though

Chilleb

« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2012, 05:26:41 PM »

Lawrence is visiting.

+1

It's all because Jon Severe isn't coming to our MM ;)
Possibly.... ;)

Chilleb

« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2012, 05:28:54 PM »
Hey if we're going with a youthful trend what about ray salnave 2016 guard at cardoza. He's good

paultzman

« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2012, 05:31:15 PM »
Hey if we're going with a youthful trend what about ray salnave 2016 guard at cardoza. He's good

Invite him, plenty of room on that stage Moose is pissed about. Lol!

MCNPA

« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2012, 05:31:39 PM »

Lawrence is visiting.

+1

Agreed Fordham.   I don't think MM is a big recruiting tool for Lavin either, just a nice event.  Some schools rely on it because in some of these schools, there is nothing more than a campus and no other draw.  The only thing I take away from this is that Jermaine Lawrence is coming and is still interested.  Other than that, our other 3 targets are all in the mix regardless of this event.

Moose

« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2012, 05:51:50 PM »

Invite him, plenty of room on that stage Moose is pissed about. Lol!

Actually having them on stage would be a violation ;)

paultzman

« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2012, 11:17:11 PM »
For Chilleb

“@NYPost_Brazille: Add Jessie Govan to list of recruits attending St. John's Midnight Madness. #stjbb #collegehoops”
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 11:17:48 PM by paultzman »

Moose

« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2012, 11:32:38 PM »
For Chilleb

“@NYPost_Brazille: Add Jessie Govan to list of recruits attending St. John's Midnight Madness. #stjbb #collegehoops”

Not doomed anymore

Chilleb

« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2012, 12:39:51 AM »
For Chilleb

Not doomed anymore
Like Jessie a lot, not sure if he fits into our uptempo system but is phenomenal in the half court. Midnight madness is officially a success .. Lol

MCNPA

« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2012, 04:30:10 AM »
For Chilleb

Not doomed anymore
Like Jessie a lot, not sure if he fits into our uptempo system but is phenomenal in the half court. Midnight madness is officially a success .. Lol

Lavin found a spot for some big guys at UCLA.  I'm sure he'd love a talented one like Govan on board.  Big kid. 

« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2012, 09:00:25 AM »
@syracusebball: Jermaine Lawrence has listed top 3: Florida, Rutgers, Syracuse in no specific order