Jordan Hendriquez - C - Port Chester SHS - Port Chester, NY - KANSAS ST

• 37 replies

kjd01067

http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=789749

St. John's of the Big East is actually going to get an official this week Wednesday, and he will be greated by a close friend. "Justin Burrell and I are really good friends", stated Hendriquez. "It's a great school in a great conference, and they really need a big on that frontline."

Kob is this one of your boys ?  Do you think we have a chance ?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 03:04:58 PM by kjd01067 »

mkras99

Re: Jordan Hendriquez C
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 10:34:07 AM »
Another Rivals article rife with inaccuracies...

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 10:42:06 AM »
where are the inaccuracies in this one?
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 10:47:55 AM »
can this kid run the point? ;D
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

mkras99

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 10:56:59 AM »
where are the inaccuracies in this one?

Check your pms.

pmg911

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 11:36:52 AM »
he is not going on an official visit, its unoffiicial...

and. . tehre is ZERO chance he is a 2008 recruit...    he will be in prep school somewhere next season...

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 12:41:36 PM »
per Scout he is a 2 Star Center recruited primarily by mid majors.
Skinny center, shot blocker, no offensive game.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=3189276
http://hsnewyork.scout.com/2/732075.html

Molloy '71

kjd01067

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 01:57:43 PM »
212 lbs ???  No thanks.  Hit the gym and Maybe feed the kid once and awhile.

Randomhero423

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 02:29:04 PM »
just shows where we are.

stj gets the 2 star kid. while rutgers gets the 4 star..

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 02:32:20 PM »
just shows where we are.

Again I think the star rating is overrated.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 02:42:18 PM »
just shows where we are.

but there is no doubt when you watch the 2 play that echenique is more developed than henriquez
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Randomhero423

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 03:10:51 PM »
i haven't seen hendriquez play but from everyone i hear he isn't that good at all.

i've seen ech two times.  the guy is the real deal.  he will be even better next year when he's the main big man on the team.

the star ranking isn't that overrated.  a class of two 3 star guys and one two star is clearly not better than a class of three 4 star guys.

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 03:23:44 PM »
just shows where we are.

but there is no doubt when you watch the 2 play that echenique is more developed than henriquez

I wasn't really citing specifically to Echenique and Henriquez
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 03:34:24 PM »
On Henriquez - hold up.  I don't mind that he's a project at all.  We can't have 13 dudes all expecting playing time, then we get those 11 man rotations of this year that leave some players out of rhythm.  If Henriquez is prepping, and he has some quicks to him, why wouldn't he be a good add? 

Have you seen Miss. State's Jarvis Varnado?  He was, granted, a 4-star recruit (say what you will about ratings- they don't speak to potential necessarily - but they do indicate a certain rawness).  But every time I see him, I want to have that dude on my team.  No great shakes offensively, but damn, he finds the ball and swats it away.  Our current bigs just aren't that quick, and not every interior matchup is based on strength. 

NOT SAYING Henriquez is that guy.  But I have never seen him play, don't have credible information about him, so I ain't gonna write him off.  And if he can run up and down the court and finish a little, (insert Clay Davis' catchphrase here), he's not that bad a get, considering.

kob24

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 04:38:42 PM »
http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=789749

St. John's of the Big East is actually going to get an official this week Wednesday, and he will be greated by a close friend. "Justin Burrell and I are really good friends", stated Hendriquez. "It's a great school in a great conference, and they really need a big on that frontline."

Kob is this one of your boys ?  Do you think we have a chance ?

yes i coach him. i have no comment at this time though

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 06:08:14 PM »
forget the stuff you can't tell us for ethical reasons...can he play or is he a skinny tomas jausalonis.

kjd01067

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 11:34:01 PM »
forget the stuff you can't tell us for ethical reasons...can he play or is he a skinny tomas jausalonis.

Well the article says he plays pretty good d and can block shots so in my book thats already a plus over tomas.

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 12:51:45 AM »
He's better than "TJ," but he needs to hit the weight room. His best asset at the college level right now is his shot blocking.

Randomhero423

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 12:54:10 AM »
better than tj should not be our mission.  that should be a god damn given.  he is god awful.

pmg911

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 07:51:44 AM »
Guys. .  I have seen him play and have seen him in private work outs....   he is not a Big East player right now...     he could develop into one though...

I think he will end of up a mid-major. .  unless he blows up at prep school next year..

Look at it this way. .  he didn't dominate on the offesive end of the court and he played in an awful league this year. The only good team in his league was Peekskill with Mookie Jones...

He is not nearly as good as Shagari Alleyne was and look at how his college career played out..