Around Big East

• 3954 replies

QuanMan

Re: Around Big East
« Reply #3340 on: November 22, 2017, 05:49:14 PM »
Villanova struggling against Western Kentucky. Still winning 41-35, but their frontcourt hasn’t contributed much at all. Jenkins is a big loss. Hart, too. IDK if they’re the same lock to win the conference this season.

Agreed, I think that they're going to see their fair share of losses within the conference round robin this Winter. Hall, Creighton and X have already impressed mightily against the field during the early OOC. Teams like Marquette, the Johnnies and the Friars are dangerous. Most of the teams within the conference are the same age if not older than Nova's core this year. I'm not dismissing Nova's exceptional talent base or winning tradition, I just think that there is a fair shot at them being dethroned for the first time in 4 years.
Section 3
Section 116

goredmen

« Reply #3341 on: November 22, 2017, 08:35:22 PM »
Providence in a dogfight at home against a good Belmont team. Down 2 with 5 mins left

goredmen

« Reply #3342 on: November 22, 2017, 08:55:05 PM »
WOW Providence wins on a miracle 3 by Cartwright at the buzzer

Johnny23

« Reply #3343 on: November 22, 2017, 08:56:28 PM »
What  a wild finish and win for Providence!

MCNPA

« Reply #3344 on: November 22, 2017, 09:02:22 PM »
Villanova struggling against Western Kentucky. Still winning 41-35, but their frontcourt hasn’t contributed much at all. Jenkins is a big loss. Hart, too. IDK if they’re the same lock to win the conference this season.

Agreed, I think that they're going to see their fair share of losses within the conference round robin this Winter. Hall, Creighton and X have already impressed mightily against the field during the early OOC. Teams like Marquette, the Johnnies and the Friars are dangerous. Most of the teams within the conference are the same age if not older than Nova's core this year. I'm not dismissing Nova's exceptional talent base or winning tradition, I just think that there is a fair shot at them being dethroned for the first time in 4 years.

Crazy thing is the league is still on the way up!  Most teams are rebuilding really well with even better recruits.  the league is excellent and will be for a long time.  I'd like to see the Big East make a slight push with marketing in terms of positioning to recruits.  Sell the fact that we are first and foremost known for our basketball and get it out there a bit more.  Most conferences are football-centric.  The Big East IS basketball.. gotta sell that..

Johnny23

« Reply #3345 on: November 23, 2017, 08:05:54 PM »
Seton Hall in a dogfight with Rhode Island.

« Reply #3346 on: November 23, 2017, 09:38:06 PM »

Rhode Island was also missing their best player, E.C. Matthews.

Johnny23

« Reply #3347 on: November 23, 2017, 10:22:13 PM »

Rhode Island was also missing their best player, E.C. Matthews.

I saw that. Big win for them.

« Reply #3348 on: November 23, 2017, 10:49:54 PM »

Crazy thing is the league is still on the way up!  Most teams are rebuilding really well with even better recruits.  the league is excellent and will be for a long time.  I'd like to see the Big East make a slight push with marketing in terms of positioning to recruits.  Sell the fact that we are first and foremost known for our basketball and get it out there a bit more.  Most conferences are football-centric.  The Big East IS basketball.. gotta sell that..
+1000

« Reply #3349 on: November 24, 2017, 07:08:02 PM »
As, I stated in the Missouri game thread....  Arizona State has shot makers.  Their guards are giving Xavier fits! 

They're a veteran team, and we're gonna have our hands full with 'em. 

« Reply #3350 on: November 24, 2017, 07:29:35 PM »
Arizona State may be legit.  They're throttling Xavier by 20 (100-80).

QuanMan

« Reply #3351 on: November 24, 2017, 07:31:08 PM »
As, I stated in the Missouri game thread....  Arizona State has shot makers.  Their guards are giving Xavier fits! 

Holden dropped 40 on them, 100+ on Xavier is nothing to sniff at.

Btw, I'm going on record, Butler is mediocre at best this Big East season.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #3352 on: November 24, 2017, 11:59:54 PM »

Guess I can quote you on that, huh?  ;) :)

QuanMan

« Reply #3353 on: November 25, 2017, 02:00:04 PM »

Guess I can quote you on that, huh?  ;) :)

I'm not impressed with Butler whatsoever. Chrabascz made that team go last year, they are out of sync with a brand new head coach. 4 rotation seniors lost in the offseason. They'll compete but are within the bottom third of the conference in my opinion.

DePaul gave Oregon fits last night, lost the game in OT. I'm impressed with their grad transfer big Maric. Moral building loss, tough tournament wknd in Portland for them but I think the uptick in competition made them a better team overall.
Section 3
Section 116

paultzman

« Reply #3354 on: November 26, 2017, 06:06:54 PM »
Butler comes from 15 down to edge Ohio State & their former coach.

« Reply #3355 on: November 26, 2017, 06:33:21 PM »
Butler comes from 15 down to edge Ohio State & their former coach.

Gotta feel real good for them

« Reply #3356 on: November 27, 2017, 11:46:51 AM »
Marquette's Haanif Cheatham leaving the program, Borzello and Rothstein report.

« Reply #3357 on: November 27, 2017, 11:52:40 AM »
Marquette's Haanif Cheatham leaving the program, Borzello and Rothstein report.

Expected more from this guy after his freshman season.

« Reply #3358 on: November 27, 2017, 11:58:15 AM »
wow pretty big news from a player averaging 25 min a game....looks like they only have 7 players left who contribute (10 min or more a game) and two of them average 3 points or less

paultzman

« Reply #3359 on: November 27, 2017, 12:15:46 PM »
Three BE teams are ranked this week in the AP Poll — Nova up to #4, @Xavier at #21, Creighton at #25.