South Carolina Game Discussion

• 180 replies
Re: South Carolina
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 06:16:41 PM »
nice scouting report;

“@DalyDoseOfHoops: Previewing St. John's clash vs. @FrankMartin_SC and South Carolina with this scouting report from @gmoore21566: http://t.co/G0FUTTOL #stjbb”
High FG % probably due to good coaching and the fans with the best seats in the house will be those seated behind the SC bench. Beware the stare! Nightmares in store for those who look to long. :)

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 06:47:50 PM »
No, not the black uni's!?!?!  :)

I don't get it. They are awful looking and we play awful in them. And now rumors of grey unis soon(from baldi in think). Is that supposed to be a tribute to georgetown???

Whats wrong with red and white?

MCNPA

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2012, 06:51:46 PM »
I think gray/red might look pretty cool.

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2012, 07:58:58 PM »
oh no can we break the black uniforms curse?  only one win against south florida with those

Moose

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2012, 08:03:19 PM »
oh no can we break the black uniforms curse?  only one win against south florida with those

Pretty sure we've won more than just that one game.  Granted we haven't won many, but we have won more than one.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2012, 08:18:46 PM »
honestly i don't think so. i wish someone would come up with a list.  we lost to fordham, detroit  in those uniforms. http://johnnyjungle.com/columns/over-the-airwaves/johnnies-look-to-black-out-bulls/ according to this we were 0-5 in the black uniforms until senior night against south florida.

desco80

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2012, 08:25:08 PM »
Did we wear them at Depaul last year?   I thought we wore them on the road last season and won.  Cincinnati? 

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2012, 08:34:03 PM »
nope we wore red  at those games. :)

Moose

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2012, 09:04:19 PM »
honestly i don't think so. i wish someone would come up with a list.  we lost to fordham, detroit  in those uniforms. http://johnnyjungle.com/columns/over-the-airwaves/johnnies-look-to-black-out-bulls/ according to this we were 0-5 in the black uniforms until senior night against south florida.

Your right.
Arizona we wore black and blew the game ;)

Pitt, USF and Rutgers last year all losses last year

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2012, 11:12:50 PM »
One good thing about black unis is it ticks off Phil Mushnick. :)

paultzman

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2012, 02:49:25 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: South Carolina's Ellington Back Playing Two Sports http://t.co/17cKpSoX #stjbb”

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2012, 02:57:01 PM »
I thought for sure he wouldn't play until after the bowl game.  Tough break for us. 

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2012, 04:13:18 PM »
The black unis, while I personally don't like them, have nothing, absolutley NOTHING, to do with us having lost those games.  And, if we lose tomorrow, the black uniforms will have nothing to do with that either.

Sorry if that comes across as rough, but nothing ticks me off more then silly superstions like this. 

paultzman

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2012, 05:38:28 PM »
Jakarr Sampson was trying to make up for lost time.

In his first game at St. John’s, his first college basketball game after what he said felt like an eternity, the highly rated freshman let the stage get to him.

The versatile 6-foot-8 forward from Ohio adjusted since that game, playing better each time out and as a result was named Big East Rookie of the Week for his recent sterling play. Head coach Steve Lavin sat him down after that first game and offered him the nugget the great John Wooden often used to offer him.

“Be quick, but don’t hurry.”

Sampson has taken it to heart. He’s picked his spots. Rather than going at full speed each play, he’s waited for openings, “taken my time, let the game come to me,” he said. “I feel much more comfortable out there.”

Lavin has noticed the change in Sampson, who is averaging 12 points and 6 rebounds per game.

“Now he’s seeing the game at a better pace, he’s playing a better pace and as a result he’s seeing things with more clarity and using better judgment on the court,” the coach said. “JaKarr has slowed down some and found a comfort level that’s allowed him to be very productive.”

While thrilled he was named Rookie of the Week in the Big East, he is far from satisfied. “I want to get more Rookie of the Week awards and potentially keep moving up and be considered for Rookie of the Year,” he said.

Notes: St. John’s has yet to hear from the NCAA regarding the status of forward Orlando Sanchez, Lavin said. The 6-foot-9 forward from the Dominican Republic by way of Monroe Community College would help the undersized Red Storm’s rebounding deficiencies and be another scoring option. “He would be perfect,” forward Chris Obekpa said. “He’s a great player. We would love to have him.” … Freshman guard Felix Balamou has practiced fully since reporting wooziness following an elbow to the face he took against Florida Gulf Coast and is expected to make his second start against South Carolina, Lavin said. … While sad to see yet another program bolt the Big East with the announcement Louisville is headed to the ACC, Lavin didn’t seem worried about the future. “We’ll continue to thrive,” the third-year coach said. “The league and schools have what is essential to do what it takes to be great basketball programs. They’ll continue to move forward and forge ahead.” … St. John’s has been practicing its man-to-man defense more of late and may utilize it more frequently against South Carolina than in recent contests.

zbraziller@nypost.com

Read more: - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/collegesports/st_john_sampson_easing_into_starring_7S3JsTztesqn9LACvH6LZK#ixzz2DYlHDoiF

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2012, 01:34:59 PM »
Mike Crispino and Kara Lawson calling the game tonight. Yippy!! :/
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2012, 01:40:46 PM »

All the more reason to go :)

paultzman

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2012, 01:46:02 PM »

All the more reason to go :)

Yeah "Black" them out! So poor!

desco80

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2012, 01:57:45 PM »
Predictions ?

I'm optimistic for a change.
I think the daily reminders of fundamental rebounding and defense start to stick with our guys. 

We're well rested, and at home.   
This will be our best performance to date.   

82-68  SJU wins comfortably

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2012, 02:07:36 PM »
Stj 77
The other usc 72
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

paultzman

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2012, 02:08:39 PM »
Chris Mullin 74
Brian Winters 68