Wow, hope he is ok. Scary fall.

boo3

Re: South Carolina Game Discussion
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2012, 09:05:58 PM »
 I missed it.  How did he land?

« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2012, 09:10:09 PM »

Obekpa landed on his upper body as they both hit the ground. Then he didn't move at all for a while.

« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2012, 09:12:17 PM »
I want to be able to get Marco in the game for five minutes down the stretch. Push the lead to 20
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2012, 09:13:30 PM »

Obekpa landed on his upper body as they both hit the ground. Then he didn't move at all for a while.

Its been said there was no movement, very scary stuff. Hope this isn't anything serious

« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2012, 09:15:19 PM »
Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria
#Stjbb official says Williams had movement in his extremities. Taken to local hospital for evaluation.

« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2012, 09:19:02 PM »
Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria
#Stjbb official says Williams had movement in his extremities. Taken to local hospital for evaluation.

Good to hear. Thanks for the update.

« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2012, 09:24:57 PM »
Its a rout!

« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2012, 09:25:24 PM »
Annnnnd the rout is on!!!

« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2012, 09:58:24 PM »
Garrett had a different look in his eyes tonight much more aggressive.

Balamou is an absolute freak.  Unreal...I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

It's amazing how good we look when we are making shots.

We could be pretty good this year if the NCAA ever clears Sanchez.

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

MCNPA

« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2012, 10:17:40 PM »

Balamou is an absolute freak.  Unreal...I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

Balamou is a ton smoother than I ever thought he'd be at this point and is a really good overall basketball player this early in his career.  Awesome pickup.

Fwiw, we make shots at a pretty good percentage and are a much better shooting team this early in the season than we have been in a long time.  We still could hit higher % from 3, but that will come.  Now all we need is Sanchez and Branch and I think we can compete with just about anybody.

crgreen

« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2012, 10:21:09 PM »

Got more info from Kara Lawson announcing this game than I've heard in the last couple months on Sanchez.   Clarifying it's the time between starting school, dropping out when his folks died to support the family, then coming back to school that's at the root of the delay.    Also liked her quoting Earl Watson - a National TV audience (well, as national as espnU gets) heard Earl's opinion that Sanchez is "good enuf right now to start for the Utah Jazz".... Good stuff.   

« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2012, 10:30:44 PM »
Was a fun game to attend. Was good to see some former SJU athletic department co-workers still doing their thing.

« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2012, 10:39:26 PM »
Yo I almost threw up when that SC brother wouldnt move.

He okay?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2012, 10:40:50 PM »
Our team is fun to watch.  Balamou is unreal.  With Branch and Sanchez we'll be even better.

« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2012, 10:42:25 PM »
The one glaring drawback to this team is its' rebounding.

« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2012, 10:44:05 PM »
Yo I almost threw up when that SC brother wouldnt move.

He okay?

From Andy Katz: Report from St. John's:Brenton Williams had movement in hands and feet before he left floor and taken to hospital for further evaluation.

« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2012, 10:50:13 PM »
Our team is fun to watch.  Balamou is unreal.  With Branch and Sanchez we'll be even better.
Is he ever going to clear to play.

« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2012, 11:19:28 PM »
The one glaring drawback to this team is its' rebounding.

Agree.  SC was hitting the boards hard and all we could do is slap the ball out to the perimeter on many of the possessions.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #99 on: November 29, 2012, 11:19:57 PM »
The team played great tonight. If it wasn't for offensive rebounds in the first ten minutes of the game it would have been a twenty point game a lot sooner.

Deangelo played one of his best games in St. Johns uni tonight. Had some real nice passes that wont show up as assists and really let the game come to him.
Amir was an absolute animal on the boards and around the rim. That is the way he has to play every game.
Balamou is a spark plug out there. Hops are ridiculous, blocks shots like hes 6'9 and he is as good of a competitor as we have. How bout that pass to dangelo on the break?!
Phil had another solid game, jumper is much improved and his on ball d was impressive. Would like to see him swing the ball quicker.
Jakarr's midrange game is automatic. I cant believe how many of his shots he makes, I only pray it continues.
Pointer had a solid game and let the game came to him. Had some good passes and defensive plays.
Obekpa is a prensence even when he doesnt block shots. He had a nice pass and a nice drive as well. Ill gladly eat crow on his offensive game.
Marco finally got hot al biet in a blowout, but it was very good and encouraging to see, lets hope it parlays into some more productive minutes.
Jones didnt play much but he took a nice charge in the first half.

If this team plays with this type of intensity the rest of the season there is no way they shouldnt hear their name on selection sunday.