Weren't you the guy who posted last week
that you believed he'd be eligible?

sju89tr

Re: STJ Basketball Tweet
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 09:38:30 AM »
There are not talking about anything.

Weren't you the guy who posted last week
that you believed he'd be eligible?

What does this tweet have to do with Sanchez?

And yes I did, and I still do.

Poison

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 09:41:25 AM »
We would be fortunate to get him eligible. That is what it means, or it means nothing.

sju89tr

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 09:45:20 AM »
We would be fortunate to get him eligible. That is what it means, or it means nothing.

With all the realignment talk the past 24 hours, I don't think it has to do with Sanchez. I think it's time for basketball schools to stand up and end the eroding conference.

DFF6

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 10:18:30 AM »

With all the realignment talk the past 24 hours, I don't think it has to do with Sanchez. I think it's time for basketball schools to stand up and end the eroding conference.

+100 x 10100

desco80

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 11:00:58 AM »
I think it definitely has to do with realignment.    It comes out the same day as coach Lavin's tweet about his meeting with Fr Harrington about realignment, and how he "expressed his preference".   

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 11:34:56 AM »
I think it was the quote of the day on his daily calendar

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 01:07:29 PM »
I think it was read from the leftover fortune cookie from his chinese dinner last night

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 02:25:27 PM »
One thing so many of us respect about Lavin is his reverence for basketball history.  I'm thankful he has Father Harrington's ear at this critical moment in our history with so much at stake.  I think we'll see some real innovative thinking moving forward.

LJSA

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 02:45:18 PM »
"Fortune favors the bold." #stjbb

Translation: You will lose me if we end up in a crappy conference because of inaction.

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 03:27:34 PM »
When you try to read the tea leaves you end up brewing a mess instead of some nice Lipton wit a lemon wedge and sometime honey like my grams used to make when i was gettin the sniffles on ans sneezin like a ghost who just been exorcised or sometin even louder and scarier like a cat trapped in the compacter room.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

dR3w

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 03:49:27 PM »
When you try to read the tea leaves you end up brewing a mess instead of some nice Lipton wit a lemon wedge and sometime honey like my grams used to make when i was gettin the sniffles on ans sneezin like a ghost who just been exorcised or sometin even louder and scarier like a cat trapped in the compacter room.

Or sometimes you see the Grimm. 

redslope

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 09:14:00 PM »

Translation: You will lose me if we end up in a crappy conference because of inaction.

or we become the ND of college basketball and go truly independent.  All the big teams want to play at MSG.  A power schedule would be bought by TV which does not have access to power conference home schedules---loke pasta. throw it on the wall and see if it sticks==if it does it is done

Tiznow

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 09:23:56 PM »
STJ_Basketball ‏@STJ_Basketball

Any thoughts?

I personally think we are talking about realignment

Yep - seems like things are happening.  Lavins comments and Thamel's tweet today are interesting.  Maybe these hoops programs have more value.  We all know its all about the money.

LJSA

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 10:34:14 PM »

or we become the ND of college basketball and go truly independent.  All the big teams want to play at MSG.  A power schedule would be bought by TV which does not have access to power conference home schedules---loke pasta. throw it on the wall and see if it sticks==if it does it is done

Tough to fill out the schedule in January and February, though. And if we aren't playing in a conference tournament, are you allowed to add those lost games to a regular season schedule?

I think an independent team would need to go 24-6 or better to have a chance at the tournament.

Moose

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 11:15:54 PM »

Tough to fill out the schedule in January and February, though. And if we aren't playing in a conference tournament, are you allowed to add those lost games to a regular season schedule?

I think an independent team would need to go 24-6 or better to have a chance at the tournament.

Agreed
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 11:29:15 PM »
"Fortune favors the bold." = St. John's is joining the Mountain West Conference.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 11:50:07 PM »
"Fortune favors the bold." = St. John's is joining the Mountain West Conference.
. St. John's ends its basketball program and goes back to its real redmen roots and restarts the football program and then joins the SEC for good measures. Lavin is so money he makes a seamless transition as our football coach and goes a respectable 5-6  in his 1st year and nearly upsets Florida.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 11:58:17 PM »
I love REDSLOPE's idea of SJU going it alone, or a variation of that.  Imagine the 7 Catholic basketball schools breaking off and playing a home-away schedule against each other at the core.  That is 12 games for us right there.  Then we fill out the rest of our schedule with some games at Carnesecca and a whole bunch against quality opponents at MSG.  Ah, to dream.  I am delusional, I know.  If we were in the position that we were already filling MSG every game this might be a consideration.

Of course if we tried to go it alone in men's hoops it would leave the rest of our athletics program out in the cold.  I don't know if the A10 or Big East as it is now would allow SJU to remain without basketball.  ND football had that power.