Emmanuel Mudiay - PG - Dallas Prime Prep - Dallas, Texas - SMU

• 86 replies
Emmanuel Mudiay - PG - Dallas Prime Prep - Dallas, Texas - SMU
« on: February 01, 2013, 02:32:13 PM »
"The 6-foot-4, five-star point guard at Dallas (Texas) Prime Prep is also at the center of plenty of rumors regarding who is recruiting him, who isn't recruiting him and where he stands.

As of now, Mudiay is considering a group of 10 schools that includes Arizona, Baylor, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, N.C. State, Oklahoma State SMU, St. John's and Texas."

http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1466504

« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 09:06:42 PM by Moose »

Re: Emmanuel Mudiay - PG - Dallas Prime Prep - Dallas, Texas
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 02:34:25 PM »
The kind of kid we would NEVER have been mentioned with in the past.  Reel him in, Coach!

Chilleb

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 02:35:49 PM »
Good friend of branch, we got the Houston area on smash

Happy

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 02:37:49 PM »
Wow.  This kid is ridiculous.  Amazing to be mentioned .

Moose

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 02:43:42 PM »
This kid is unbelievable.  Him and Mickey Mitchell are unreal talents.  Amazed to see him list us.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Chilleb

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 02:44:29 PM »
This kid is unbelievable.  Him and Mickey Mitchell are unreal talents.  Amazed to see him list us.
Mickey Mitchell is damn good

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 03:05:20 PM »
Here is my point I made in an earlier thread.  And to be fair I don't know what SJU's chances are with Mudiay per se.

But when posters begin questioning what our Plan B or Plan C's are because publically nothing seems to be mentioned or there is little news on the recruiting front, just remember who we are talking about?  Steve Lavin.

The guy has amazing connections across the country.  Just because Plan B and Plan C are not publically being discussed does not mean he is not on the ball or that SJU is "falling behind."

Moose

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 03:08:59 PM »
Here is my point I made in an earlier thread.  And to be fair I don't know what SJU's chances are with Mudiay per se.

But when posters begin questioning what our Plan B or Plan C's are because publically nothing seems to be mentioned or there is little news on the recruiting front, just remember who we are talking about?  Steve Lavin.

The guy has amazing connections across the country.  Just because Plan B and Plan C are not publically being discussed does not mean he is not on the ball or that SJU is "falling behind."

Fordham I don't want this to go past Mudiay but Lavin publicly said he was only recruiting 2 guys for '13.  So he made it clear there was only a Plan A.  Any talk or conjecture about Plan B is warranted if all of a sudden names are now all of a sudden being mentioned for '13.  Back to Mudiay now.

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 03:11:58 PM »
Also, the staff cannot talk about kids they are recruiting.  Info comes from other sources.

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 03:15:21 PM »

Fordham I don't want this to go past Mudiay but Lavin publicly said he was only recruiting 2 guys for '13.  So he made it clear there was only a Plan A.  Any talk or conjecture about Plan B is warranted if all of a sudden names are now all of a sudden being mentioned for '13.  Back to Mudiay now.

That wasn't entirely my point.  First off I don't buy all the Severe talk yet.  I think if you hear rumblings of say Harrison leaving early (which I don't expect) then maybe but I don't see it.  I still thinks his focus is on JL and RJ for '13.

But I was speaking more about '14 and '15 when some said we had fallen behind with some local kids and there didn't see to be a backup.

Honestly, I was always more worried about getting this season turned around then recruiting.  With this guy, recruiting will take care of itself.  He'll get players.

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 03:17:06 PM »
Also, the staff cannot talk about kids they are recruiting.  Info comes from other sources.

That's the other thing.  A lot of hearsay and a lot of assertions being made that no one can truly verify.

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 03:17:38 PM »
I was hoping we would get involved, with our connections I think we have a chance

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 03:24:54 PM »

While Coach can say that the plan is to bring in only two players (based on available roster spots), he couldn't, nor has he, specified that he is only recruiting Jermaine and Rysheed.  That's what we get from reading Scout, Rivals, etc.  Coach cannot talk about specific recruits until after they've actually signed their LOI.

Moose

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 03:27:22 PM »

While Coach can say that the plan is to bring in only two players (based on available roster spots), he couldn't, nor has he, specified that he is only recruiting Jermaine and Rysheed.  That's what we get from reading Scout, Rivals, etc.  Coach cannot talk about specific recruits until after they've actually signed their LOI.

I really hate responding to this in the Mudiay thread but yes I know he can't name names.  But everyone here knows we have been mentioned in quotes by players but just 2 players for '13 until this week.  And that was Jermaine and Rysheed. 

Lets get back to Mudiay now. 

crgreen

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 05:15:05 PM »

Also might want to note this News Flash - THINGS CHANGE.    What you plan when you've got a 6'9 Jr. JC player and a 6'8 frosh is different than when you have a 6'89 Jr. JC player not cleared by the NCAa and a 6'8 frosh who's been named Big East Rookie of the Week five times (and counting)...

I personally expect coach to jump feet first very soon into the Canadian Pipeline.   Just too much good talent coming out of the Great White West - some with Reps the size of OJ  Mayo, and some so far under the radar you say "who the heck is that"?    Gonzaga's top 10 with Canucks like center Kelly Olynyk (17 pts 7 rebs), and PG Kevin Pangos.   Olynyk replaced the just graduated canadian Robert Sacre - playing center for the Lakers.  UNLV has the top frosh int he country in Anthony Bennett.  Texas is waiting to get Myck Kabonbo back.   Tristan Thompson, Andrew Nicholson, Cory Joseph.   And of course, Andrew Wiggins is the #1 high schooler in the world.    But there are PLENTY of under the radar Canadian kids.   UCLA has offers out to 3 right now - PG Emanual Owootoah, C/PF Ray Kasonga, and PF Mikyle McIntosh. 

I know coach Lavin is already on Owootoah - and that doesn't conclict with his "only 2 in 2013" of Rysheed and Jermaine - Owootoah was a 2014 till two weeks ago when he reclassified.   But there are lots of talentd kids out there still...

By the  way - one good theory on why there is suddenly such a volume of Canadian talent - some are chalking it up to the maturing of the first real generation of Canadian Kids raised on Toronton Raptors and the old Vancouver Griz,  instead of JUST the Toronto Maple Leaves and the Vancouver Canucks.

paultzman

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 05:31:16 PM »
Zags nailing another "scoop"! Come on.

Mudiay Trims List to 10 Schools
February 1st, 2013 4:55 pm
Emmanuel Mudiay, the No. 2 prospect in the Class of 2014, has trimmed his list to 10 schools, according to Eric Bossi of Rivals.

The 6-foot-4 point guard from Dallas Prime Prep is down to Arizona, Baylor, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, N.C. State, Oklahoma State, SMU, St. John’s and Texas.

“I’m just worried about getting a national championship,” he recently told the Courier Journal, adding that he’s not focused on recruiting. “That’s what we’re focused on.”

“I think he’s the best player in the country, if you ask me,” teammate Elijah Thomas told the paper. “He gets his team involved. He’s a vocal leader on the court, and he plays defense.”

DFF6

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 05:32:03 PM »
By the  way - one good theory on why there is suddenly such a volume of Canadian talent - some are chalking it up to the maturing of the first real generation of Canadian Kids raised on Toronton Raptors and the old Vancouver Griz,  instead of JUST the Toronto Maple Leaves and the Vancouver Canucks.

Too bad. Would be cool to see a 6'8 hockey player with a 40 inch vertical.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 05:33:29 PM by DFF6 »

Moose

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 05:39:57 PM »

Also might want to note this News Flash - THINGS CHANGE.    What you plan when you've got a 6'9 Jr. JC player and a 6'8 frosh is different than when you have a 6'89 Jr. JC player not cleared by the NCAa and a 6'8 frosh who's been named Big East Rookie of the Week five times (and counting)...

I personally expect coach to jump feet first very soon into the Canadian Pipeline.   Just too much good talent coming out of the Great White West - some with Reps the size of OJ  Mayo, and some so far under the radar you say "who the heck is that"?    Gonzaga's top 10 with Canucks like center Kelly Olynyk (17 pts 7 rebs), and PG Kevin Pangos.   Olynyk replaced the just graduated canadian Robert Sacre - playing center for the Lakers.  UNLV has the top frosh int he country in Anthony Bennett.  Texas is waiting to get Myck Kabonbo back.   Tristan Thompson, Andrew Nicholson, Cory Joseph.   And of course, Andrew Wiggins is the #1 high schooler in the world.    But there are PLENTY of under the radar Canadian kids.   UCLA has offers out to 3 right now - PG Emanual Owootoah, C/PF Ray Kasonga, and PF Mikyle McIntosh. 

I know coach Lavin is already on Owootoah - and that doesn't conclict with his "only 2 in 2013" of Rysheed and Jermaine - Owootoah was a 2014 till two weeks ago when he reclassified.   But there are lots of talentd kids out there still...

Thanks for the newsflash.  I didnt know that things change....................

Happy

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 08:31:26 PM »
I don't expect us to get this kid... But people go see this kid play.  He would easily be the most talented kid we have had in awhile. Wow