Harrison suspended rest of the year

• 537 replies
Re: Harrison suspended rest of the year
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2013, 11:32:15 AM »
Kid gets the green light 24/7.
Gets lauded wit a C on his chest.
Is anointed the man and pushed for national recog.

And all they ask is fo him to at least give a damn in practice, to at least be civil to his brothers on the court and to at least be respctful to the staff when all they wanna do is make him better wit a lil mo individual drills.

Too much to ask apparently.

Choz, I am sure you have better info than most, but from my perspective he seemed like he got along with the other players. Is that incorrect?

« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2013, 11:33:11 AM »

And all they ask is fo him to at least give a damn in practice, to at least be civil to his brothers on the court and to at least be respctful to the staff when all they wanna do is make him better wit a lil mo individual drills.

Choz is a wise man.
i think choz nailed this one.

« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2013, 11:39:26 AM »

Choz, I am sure you have better info than most, but from my perspective he seemed like he got along with the other players. Is that incorrect?

It begins to wear on teammates when they're all following the rules and one guy isn't. Can't have someone trying to operate on a different set of rules. Similarly this happened to Nuri last year. No one is bigger than the team
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2013, 11:40:25 AM »
I annoy people and you don't.

Of course I do. In fact I try to do it to certain posters. Becuase I don't take most of my stuff seriously. You have a habit of ridiculing people's opinions than listing your own as fact. You actually posted that someone's opinion didn't make sense? It was his opinion.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 11:41:05 AM by we are sju »

« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2013, 11:44:13 AM »
It begins to wear on teammates when they're all following the rules and one guy isn't. Can't have someone trying to operate on a different set of rules. Similarly this happened to Nuri last year. No one is bigger than the team

Dave
This is a program that had Artest and Jayson Williams. Neither ever got suspended. Heck our very own living legend has alluded to showing up for most practices hung over. Seems extreme, but if the rest of team is for this then...I don't know.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 11:44:50 AM by we are sju »

CC

« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2013, 11:48:20 AM »
Selfish move by Lav , imo. Unless Harrison really had a meltdown and cursed him out or refused to practice, how can you hurt the team as a whole and suspend the leading scorer with 3 must win game coming up. The truth needs to come out, what exactly did DLO do? He shakes his head on the court, he questions refs calls...deal with it Lav.

dandy

« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2013, 11:48:49 AM »
comparing harrison's situation to guys who were here 20/30 and 4/6 coaches ago is certainly valid. 

Also, I'm not sure if you've ever been to college, but "showing up to [thing x] hung over" doesn't strike me as operating under different rules from other college kids.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 11:50:39 AM by dandy »

« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2013, 11:51:27 AM »
I stated he was a headcase on RM.com & it was deleted my sources were correct  thanku
then I was told to send flowers by the lawman who is a blind homie so then I posted he was the best leader in st.j;s history as a joke & he banned me from postin.
DeAngelo now suspended which shows how bad that his behavior was towards the coachin staff
Thank u Coach Lavin 4 doin the right thing in treatin no player above others!
As for lawman for bannin me w correct inside info about the team its typical display of unjust moderation on there
where they censor the TRUTH
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 11:55:37 AM by DieHard Johnny »

« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2013, 11:52:34 AM »
I showed up to every practice hungover and since I wasn't playing most games in college. My point was from everything we have seen, nothing Harrison has done warrants this action as well. Eye rolling is worse than being hungover? Like I have said, behind the scenes maybe he has a personality llike MaineQB and this is warranted. On the surface, where we all reside, this seems extreme.

« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2013, 11:54:32 AM »
I have been complaining about Harrison's behavior the whole year. Walking a way from coaches when they are talking to him, his behavior during time outs.....he is supposed to the leader....sorry it came to this.

« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2013, 11:55:24 AM »
I stated he was a headcase on RM.com & it was deleted my sources were correct  thanku
then I was told to send flowers by the lawman who is a blind homie so then I posted he was the best leader in st.j;s history as a joke & he banned me from postin.
DeAngelo now suspended which shows how bad that his behavior was towards the coachin staff
Thank u Coach Lavin 4 doin the right thing in treatin no player above others!
As for lawman for bannin me w correct inside info about the team its typical display of unjust moderation on there
where they cesor the TRUTH

None of this has any relevance here. No need to air old dirty laundry. Please stick to the topic.

« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2013, 11:56:20 AM »
I showed up to every practice hungover and since I wasn't playing most games in college. My point was from everything we have seen, nothing Harrison has done warrants this action as well. Eye rolling is worse than being hungover? Like I have said, behind the scenes maybe he has a personality llike MaineQB and this is warranted. On the surface, where we all reside, this seems extreme.
I agree.  Gotta be more to it.  Timing is real strange - the season is nearly over and this doesn't look good for anyone.  "Leave of absence for personal reasons" for a TBD length seems like a better spin unless there is something sorta big that we don't know about.

« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2013, 11:57:05 AM »
does anyone think he gets it together and returns next year?  personally i cant see it

« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2013, 11:57:19 AM »
None of this has any relevance here. No need to air old dirty laundry. Please stick to the topic.

However, all of those agreeing that Harrison being suspended is a good thing, well DHJ agrees with you. Ponder that a moment or two  :) 

« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2013, 11:57:26 AM »

Dave
This is a program that had Artest and Jayson Williams. Neither ever got suspended. Heck our very own living legend has alluded to showing up for most practices hung over. Seems extreme, but if the rest of team is for this then...I don't know.

Maybe he said he was transferring at the end of the year and Lavin suspended him for rest of the year?

« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2013, 11:57:59 AM »
Steve Lavin ‏@STJCoachLavin
I had a productive meeting with D'Angelo yesterday. #stjbb

D'Angelo has a bright future in basketball and I'm optimistic his time away from our team will be of value. #stjbb

dandy

« Reply #116 on: March 01, 2013, 11:58:49 AM »
the difference being that many of us, having lived through a time when "suspended for the season..." would have at BEST been followed up with "...for stiffing a hooker on a road trip," "...and plans to transfer to Stony Brook, where they're hopeful he can contribute off the bench" or "...will declare for the draft and hopes to be taken in the late second round of by the Wilkes-Barre Thunder" are willing to give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt.

« Reply #117 on: March 01, 2013, 11:59:04 AM »
Maybe he said he was transferring at the end of the year and Lavin suspended him for rest of the year?

That would be messed up, no?

Poison

« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2013, 12:00:15 PM »
I had a productive meeting with D'Angelo yesterday. #stjbb

D'Angelo has a bright future in basketball and I'm optimistic his time away from our team will be of value. #stjbb

That's very cryptic. I'm not interested in the media friendly answer. I'd like to know what happened.

Moose

« Reply #119 on: March 01, 2013, 12:00:20 PM »
As for transfer stuff I don't see him leaving unless he gets to play ASAP.
Remember who broke the Slice news