Omari Lawrence - SG - St. Raymonds - Bronx, NY - ST. JOHN's (Signed LOI)

• 260 replies

his court demeaner suggests he's not a big fan of antigua

Does this mean Memphis is out now that Antigua's brother is there?

Chuckie Martin was the one who was recruiting him out in Memphis and he is now coaching at Marist
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Chuckie Martin was the one who was recruiting him out in Memphis and he is now coaching at Marist

Does this kid not get along with Antigua at St Rays? I wonder is that would carry over to his brother and Mempis

Memphis is still trying to reel in bigger fish like John Wall and Leslie McDonald.

Does this kid not get along with Antigua at St Rays? I wonder is that would carry over to his brother and Mempis

kob24

congrats to my family for making the nba top 100 camp. i also belive kevin made it also from what i have been told. lmao this has been a very good summer so far for us. the two just got offered by marquette also.

congrats to my family for making the nba top 100 camp. i also belive kevin made it also from what i have been told. lmao this has been a very good summer so far for us. the two just got offered by marquette also.

http://njmg.typepad.com/zagsblog/2008/06/nba-top-100-cam.html

NBA Top 100 Camp Invites
The National Basketball Association Top 100 Camp tips off June 17 on the campus of the University of Virginia and numerous players from New York, New Jersey and Connecticut have been invited. Here's a list:

Tevin Baskin (Trinity Catholic, Uncommitted); Paris Bennett (St. Patrick/Uncommitted); Dominic Cheek (St. Anthony/Uncommitted); Michael Gilchrist (St. Patrick/Uncommitted); Myck Kabongo (St. Benedict's/Uncommitted); Tamir Jackson (St. Benedict's/UAB); Omari Lawrence (St. Raymond's/Uncommitted); Lamar Patterson (St. Benedict's/Pitt); Durand Scott (Rice/Uncommitted); and Tristan Thompson (St. Benedict's/Texas).

Among the top national players invited are Xavier Henry, Jeremy Tyler, David and Travis Wear (North Carolina), Stephan Van Treese and Brandon Knight.

St. Benedict's coach Dan Hurley will also coach at the event.

doesn't sound like we have much of a chance with Lawrence...

http://w3.nbebasketball.com/index.php/lawrence-parrom-lead-ny-panthers/#more-2295

While his future home on the high school court is somewhat in question, Lawrence is starting to work out the recruiting process as the spring turns into summer. A couple Big East visits are on tap in the near future to help him along in his future decision.

“I’m taking an unofficial [visit] next month to Marquette, and to UConn,” Lawrence told Schwartz.

“Right now, I’m considering Marquette, UConn, West Virginia, Memphis, [and] Arizona. Schools like that,” said Lawrence. “…nobody stands out to me right now. I’m just wide open still.”

“I don’t have [any] dream school right now,” Lawrence continued on the subject of a school leader. “I’m just waiting for the perfect fit for me.”

Lawrence indicated to Schwartz that “extending my range” is the area he needs to work on the most to improve his game. With his ability to take the ball to the hole in transition and even in the half court setting, adding a reliable jumper will make him even more dangerous.

Here is the scouting report on Lawrence by Alex Schwartz in the Panthers contest against the LA Dream Team:

Omari Lawrence is a fantastic talent, certainly one of Big East caliber. The 6′4 junior guard is a bit lanky, quite skinny, and appears somewhat awkward on the court, as he has an odd shooting motion, which is evident on his free throws. As well, he even seems to dribble somewhat awkwardly, but it’s definitely working for him. Lawrence has solid athleticism: nice ups, quickness, aggressive, and some muscularity. As for his actual game, Omari has a solid crossover and attacks the basket extremely well, which is helped by his stellar head fake. At times, the St. Raymond’s (NY) stud appeared to be a bit too fancy. On a court of superstars (Kevin Parrom, Sterling Gibbs, Renardo Sidney, Jordan Hamilton), Lawrence may well have been the best player of them all. This NY Panther is destined for success.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Randomhero423

"schools like that" = schools that win i'm assuming. if that's the case, then we're out of it because  stj don't win.

kob24

"schools like that" = schools that win i'm assuming. if that's the case, then we're out of it because  stj don't win.
dont jump the gun he likes st. johns

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/weiss/2008/06/omari-lawrence-headed-to-south.html

Omari Lawrence headed to South Kent
Omari Lawrence will join former St. Raymond teammate Kevin Parrom at South Kent next fall.

“It’s official,” Lawrence, one of the top players in the 2009 class, told the Daily News by phone on Tuesday. “I just have to fill out the paperwork.”

Lawrence, a 6-3, 180-pound shooting guard, will join Parrom at South Kent. Lawrence said former Bishop Loughlin center Dan Jennings, who played at Oak Hill last season, could also transfer to South Kent and play for first-year coach Kelvin Jefferson next fall.

Lawrence scored 18.2 points per game and pulled down five rebounds last season to earn Daily News All-City honors.

Lawrence had hoped to compete for a city title in his last year at St. Raymond. But when Parrom was dismissed from the school following an altercation with head coach Oliver Antigua last month, Lawrence said his plans changed.

“To win a city title without Kevin would have been tough,” Lawrence said.

The Bronx product played in the NBA’s Top 100 camp last weekend in Virginia and plans to visit Marquette this weekend with Parrom. He is also being recruited by Arizona, Pittsburgh, Xavier, Georgetown, Memphis and St. John’s among others.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?SID=910&Year=2009&ra_key=1642

Note that Rivals dropped Omari down to "3-star" status" and elevated Kevin Parrom to "4-star."

kob24

that isnt right kid shoulder got hurt. but we gonna fix that. but i told yall kevin was gonna blow up this summer. and there is 4 more tournaments to go

My buddy is an agent and he saw Omari play at Rumble in the Bronx and he likes his game a lot.

that isnt right kid shoulder got hurt. but we gonna fix that. but i told yall kevin was gonna blow up this summer. and there is 4 more tournaments to go
Are they playing in the Peach Jam?

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
kob - yeah i think that's a little funny too.  rankings don't always mean a ton. 

kob24

nah peach jam is a nike tournament. we a reebok team

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
http://hsnewyork.scout.com/2/767326.html

"St. John's is the team to beat?!"  It's not from Lawrence's mouth though, so more of a grain of salt than you should usually take such reports.

"St. John's is the team to beat," said Charles.

The recruiting race isn't over, according to Charles. But head coach Norm Roberts of the Red Storm has done a tremendous job in forging an early advantage.

"He liked his visit to St. John's and enjoyed talking to Norm Roberts," said Charles

"St. John's is the team to beat," said Charles.

The recruiting race isn't over, according to Charles. But head coach Norm Roberts of the Red Storm has done a tremendous job in forging an early advantage.

"He liked his visit to St. John's and enjoyed talking to Norm Roberts," said Charles
it couldn't hurt with getting Parrom too