Kevin Parrom - SF - South Kent - Bronx, NY - ARIZONA

• 287 replies
Re: Kevin Parrom - SF - St. Raymonds - Bronx, NY
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2008, 07:49:58 AM »
One final word on Kevin Parrom incident: We understand the CHSAA has opted to take no stance in the matter and the St. Raymond’s administration will apparently back current coach Oliver Antigua

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/weiss/2008/05/chsaa-taking-no-stance-on-kevi.html

kob24

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2008, 08:32:15 PM »
just confirmed that kevin made the nba top 100 camp

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2008, 10:53:27 AM »
Where is this kid going to school next year? Somewhere in Connecticuit?

Randomhero423

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2008, 11:53:16 AM »
south kent

kob24

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2008, 12:05:18 PM »
south kent
thats not garunteed yet we still have a few more schools to look at.

mkras99

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2008, 12:19:51 PM »
south kent

Then to the johnnies along with Oz Cross :)

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2008, 08:15:42 AM »
south kent

Then to the johnnies along with Oz Cross :)

Thats an optimistic scenerio. We gotta see...
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2008, 08:15:31 AM »
Parrom said Xavier, St. John's, Rutgers, Pittsburgh, South Carolina, Marquette, Miami, Clemson, Providence and Rhode Island remain deep in the hunt for his commitment. He and AAU teammate Omari Lawrence will visit Marquette together on June 26, Parrom said.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=817725

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2008, 08:26:03 PM »
http://w3.nbebasketball.com/index.php/lawrence-parrom-lead-ny-panthers/#more-2295

LAWRENCE & PARROM LEAD NY PANTHERS

Teammates lead Panthers to Rumble final, talk recruiting

Omari Lawrence and Kevin Parrom seem to be linked together often in recruiting circles. That is no surprise as the pair have played together as teammates in high school and on the AAU circuit the entire time they have been followed by college coaches.

This past weekend, Lawrence and Parrom once again were paired together on the court helping the NY Panthers reach the finals of the Rumble in the Bronx. Alex Schwartz spent some time with each of them getting caught up to date on the recruitment and how their games are coming along as they were matched up against the powerful LA Dream Team.

Since Kevin Parrom was involved in an altercation with Oliver Antigua, the head coach of St. Raymond’s and decided to leave the Bronx high school, it looked like the days of being a teammate of Omari Lawrence could be coming to an end once this AAU season comes to a close. While Parrom has since decided on South Kent Prep in Connecticut, Lawrence has been somewhat silent on his plans. However, rumors are beginning to swirl that Lawrence may not be long for the St. Ray’s program either and teamming up with Parrom this fall could be a very good possibility afterall. For now, they will continue to hit the floor together with the NY Panthers AAU squad.

The spring has not been the best of time for Kevin Parrom in the wake of the altercation with coach Antigua and the decision to leave St. Ray’s for South Kent. However, Parrom is still a player receiving a lot of interest from college coaches and has cemented his place among the top 2009 recruits in the nation. His match-up with the LA Dream Team might not have been his best performance, but the college coaches have seen what he can do and are making their pitch to land him as a valuable and versatile player.

“My versatility, to be able to go in and out,” Parrom said when asked by Schwartz to describe his biggest strength on the court. The 6′6 forward is equally capable at hitting the boards and banging inside or taking to the perimeter and scoring in a variety of ways, and that is what the college coaches like.

“Xavier, St. John’s, Pittsburgh, Clemson, Marquette, [and] South Carolina,” Parom named as schools he is currently considering. “There are more, I just don’t feel like naming them right now.”

“I don’t have [any] leaders at this time,” Parrom said. He has been to Xavier recently for a visit and plans to check out Marquette with Lawrence before the month ends.

“I plan on chopping my list down during the summer,” Parrom indicated to Schwartz when asked if he had a plan on narrowing the list down and to how many. “I don’t know, I’m going to just decide on that during the summer, probably during August.”

For now, Parrom will concentrate on getting better with his time on the court in camps and on the AAU circuit with the NY Panthers. His goal is to “Become a better player every game, everyday I play, just get better over the summer.”

It seems to be working, early reports from the NBA Top 100 camp on the University of Virginia campus have indicated Parrom is showing off extended range on a three-point jump shot few knew he really had. Those are the strides that will continue to have the college coaches on his trail come July.

Here is the scouting report on Parrom by Alex Schwartz from the match-up with the LA Dream Team:

Flat-out, Kevin Parrom didn’t show the crowd all that much against the game I saw him play. He didn’t stand out at all. The 6′4 junior was almost non-existent in first half, when he scored just three points and was only 1/3 at the free throw line. In the second 16 minutes of play, Parrom was a bit better. He drove to the hoop and was aggressive. Overall, though, this was a poor performance for Kevin, and not a great game to judge him on.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

kjd01067

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2008, 11:58:03 AM »
http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=818815

"I'll narrow it down this summer and I should have a decision before September when I go to South Kent," Parrom said. "[The school I pick] has to have a good program and a great education program, too. I'll think about that more in August. Right now I'm just worried about playing basketball."

kob24

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2008, 09:46:23 PM »
hes killing this summer louiville and vtech just offered to name a few

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2008, 09:52:00 PM »
kob, how would you compare parrom and dj kennedy?  not to rag on kennedy (and i feel like he'll come back a slightly different player next year - he seemed to defer when mason was on the floor until the end of the year).  is parrom going to be a big time scorer/ slasher on the college level? 

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2008, 10:08:00 PM »
Much respct to DJ who suprise me last year wit his flat out aggressiveness but Kev got some mad skills. Kid can create his own shot, pull up and drain the J and he got hisself some fine finishin skills.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

kob24

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2008, 09:45:16 AM »
exactly what choz said. kevin is more of a offensive player than dj. but dj is way more agressive.

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2008, 09:47:44 AM »
too bad we only have 1 schollie left. its almost like a lottery pick with so much talent in 09...i still have that sick feeling Lance will choose SJU.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2008, 10:33:23 AM »
We have the one that isn't used this year, depending on Donald Williams, and one for next year - 2 scholarships.

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2008, 10:46:19 AM »
We have the one that isn't used this year, depending on Donald Williams, and one for next year - 2 scholarships.

jumpinjohnny-
St. John's Scholarship Distribution Table should be modified to provide 2 schollies available in 2009 until williams signs....

kob24

« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2008, 10:36:43 PM »
plain and simple for the johniees to get back to the dance they need 3 ships to give out for the 2009 studs in new york.

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2008, 10:53:44 PM »
plain and simple for the johniees to get back to the dance they need 3 ships to give out for the 2009 studs in new york.

3 for Lance,Parrom and Lawrence?

« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2008, 10:56:01 PM »

jumpinjohnny-
St. John's Scholarship Distribution Table should be modified to provide 2 schollies available in 2009 until williams signs....

We will not be signing Williams.