Ashley Hamilton - F - Gran Canaria DH (Spain) - London, UK - LOYOLA MARYMOUNT

• 42 replies

pmg911

Didn't Bayno have a "pay a player" scandal?  Can't imagine St. John's going within a mile of a guy accused of paying players. 

But I see the benefits of a guy like that, and I don't know if that would hold me back from hiring someone (as long as they are also given some serious oversight).

Wasnt that at UNLV when he was recruiting Lamar Odom?

Yes...     and your point..?

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
The point?  He got caught in a scandal!  St. John's has shown an aversion to scandals, and unless something changes in the leadership, the school isn't going to hire someone with that kind of mark on their resume.  Or at least, it'll give them pause.

I would think that he has  buyout clause in his 5 yr/ $2 mill contract that he just started...

Didn't Bayno have a "pay a player" scandal?  Can't imagine St. John's going within a mile of a guy accused of paying players. 

But I see the benefits of a guy like that, and I don't know if that would hold me back from hiring someone (as long as they are also given some serious oversight).

Wasnt that at UNLV when he was recruiting Lamar Odom?

Yes...     and your point..?

Point being he was involved in a scandal at UNLV which resulted in his firing. That was the question asked in the previous post