Knicks hire D'Antoni

• 10 replies
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Knicks hire D'Antoni
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 03:05:21 PM »
As a Huge Knick Fan this is who I wanted

But I will admit we Never Learn our lesson we always go for the Big Name coaches in this city

We don't go by what fit with the Current team because this surely does not

Maybe Lee, Balkman , Chandler & Nate fit , that is about it

Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

pmg911

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 11:05:07 AM »
As a Huge Knick Fan this is who I wanted

But I will admit we Never Learn our lesson we always go for the Big Name coaches in this city

We don't go by what fit with the Current team because this surely does not

Maybe Lee, Balkman , Chandler & Nate fit , that is about it

The one player on the team that will definitely fit this style is Jamal Crawford...

D'Antoni is going to have to make major adjustments is style to work with Randolph & Curry...

I would have to think they will do everthing humanly possible to get rid of at least one of them..

HTGS_says_shutup

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 11:59:14 AM »
Very questionable hire here.  Like PMG911 said, Dantonio's style doesn't really fit the type of player the Knicks have.

Regardless, the Knicks are gonna have to take their lumps the next few years until they get under the cap and can sign LaBron James.

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 12:03:11 PM »
I think many of the knicks players will benefit from D'Antoni's style. Crawford, Nate, Lee, Balkman, Fred Jones, Jeffries, and even Randolph. I think Curry will struggle the most but he'll still be fine. Also Q already knows and has had the best years of his career in D'Antoni's style. It really can't get any worse for the Knicks so they have to improve somewhat.

Also its D'Antoni not D'Antonio!
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 12:50:44 PM »
it doesn't matter if players don't fit.  NYK will be making lots of moves this year and the year after.  they will be rebuilding. 

i don't like the hiring because he doesn't preach defense.  i'd like mark jax as a assistent coach though.

Randomhero423

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 12:52:13 PM »
and also.

balkman/nate/chandler fit the system perfectly.  balkman's very athletic, not much offensive game (but something you can hide on a uptempo offense) and very good defensively.  him and isiah did not get along and with d'ntoni (player's coach) he'll have a chance to break out.

pmg911

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 12:54:05 PM »
I think many of the knicks players will benefit from D'Antoni's style. Crawford, Nate, Lee, Balkman, Fred Jones, Jeffries, and even Randolph. I think Curry will struggle the most but he'll still be fine. Also Q already knows and has had the best years of his career in D'Antoni's style. It really can't get any worse for the Knicks so they have to improve somewhat.

Also its D'Antoni not D'Antonio!

I think Nate Robinson is an awful NBA player but he might do well with D'Antoni's system...    Fred Jones is probably gone...

pmg911

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 12:59:55 PM »
I wonder if D'Antoni will continue with his loose discipline with his current problem children. .Stephon & Zack....

Randomhero423

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 03:11:56 PM »
nate as actually improved a lot.  he can play under control now and is not as turnover prone and has got decent shooting ablilty.

and marbs is already on the chopping block...

kjd01067

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 08:21:04 AM »
I wish we had Frye and Ariza back cause they would be great in his offense.  Instead we have guys like randolph, curry, james...