Portland comes out strong.

• 80 replies

pmg911

Re: Portland comes out strong.
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2008, 08:51:41 PM »
Subject: Remember this picture on election day!
Let's all remember this on election day...if you have family serving in the military, make sure you send it along. I don't care for Hillary, but at least she shows respect for the country she lives in!
I had heard about this but a picture is definitely worth 1000 words! God save us!!!

apologies to the board..   while I have my own thoughts on the picture and Barack Obama..   the post was inflamatory and I should not have posted it...

***PMG (he was having trouble editing his own posts so I did it for him)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 09:46:15 AM by JJ »

Randomhero423

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 08:55:06 PM »
people do the pledge a different way.  why should we care about something as little as this?

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 10:25:18 PM »
Is that all you got??? You got to be kiding me! So we have Rev Wright's comments (words from another persons mouth) and the fact that one day Obama did not put his hand over his heart for the pledge = what? He is unAmerican? Please. Give me a break. Why DOES THIS MATTER? The fact that his hand is not over his heart (at this moment) means what?

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 11:22:55 PM »
The picture of Obama is tame compared to the ugly picture of John McCain not showing up for the vote...And not supporting the New GI Bill of Rights...Raising money for his campaign being more important...An act of political cowardice...

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2008, 11:28:25 PM »
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."
-Samuel Johnson

No doubt.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

pmg911

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2008, 07:23:58 AM »
For me. . the picture just shows a lack of political experience...would it be so hard to just throw your hand over your heart and not cause a stir...   its is little things like that middle America clings to and that, unfortunately, certain Republicans will harp on over and over..   just like Reve Wright...

I have said I am not voting for Barack Obama. . and for it because I just don't think he is qualified to be Preseident of the United States and I don't think he is as committed to our national defense as he should be at this time...  I will vote for McCain because I think the county will be a safer place...  but I vote with a lot reservations about the man.. . the largest being his age...

pmg911

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2008, 07:33:53 AM »
-Samuel Johnson

No doubt.

Choz. . you really need to join the real world...  that quote is just ridiuclous and offends on so many levels...

Lets use the example of Pat Tillman. . do you know who he is..?   

In case not, let me tell you. .  he is the star NFL player who walked away from millions of dollars after 9/11 to go fight the war on terror...  and gave his life doing it...

He did it because he felt it was his patriotic duty. .  is he a scoundrel...?

NO DOUBT that when you make make comments like the one above..  I lose a ton of respect for you.....

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2008, 08:12:51 AM »
-Samuel Johnson

No doubt.

Choz. . you really need to join the real world...  that quote is just ridiuclous and offends on so many levels...

In case not, let me tell you. .  he is the star NFL player who walked away from millions of dollars after 9/11 to go fight the war on terror...  and gave his life doing it...

NO DOUBT that when you make make comments like the one above..  I lose a ton of respect for you.....

Read the quote again. This time slowly so it sink in. Flew ova yo head in the most obvious of fashions.

And like I say befor, son, I neva ask for or wanted yo respct. I cant say it anymo clearer: I dont care what you think bout me. It got no meanin in my life. We was neva boys. We was neva gonna be boys. Dag man, you like some girl actin all jilted and whatnot.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 08:19:39 AM by Choz4Life »

HTGS_says_shutup

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2008, 08:56:07 AM »
people do the pledge a different way.  why should we care about something as little as this?

you are the posterchild for why the voting age is 18 and up.

pmg911

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2008, 09:16:27 AM »
-Samuel Johnson

Read the quote again. This time slowly so it sink in. Flew ova yo head in the most obvious of fashions.

And like I say befor, son, I neva ask for or wanted yo respct. I cant say it anymo clearer: I dont care what you think bout me. It got no meanin in my life. We was neva boys. We was neva gonna be boys. Dag man, you like some girl actin all jilted and whatnot.

The quote is a reference to false Patriotism...  I know what it means...

You are a walking contradiction man...    and the sad part is that you don't even realize it..

I will stop acting like "like some girl actin all jilted and whatnot" now...   

You have a nice day now..

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2008, 09:21:00 AM »
-Samuel Johnson

The quote is a reference to false Patriotism...  I know what it means...

You are a walking contradiction man...    and the sad part is that you don't even realize it..

I will stop acting like "like some girl actin all jilted and whatnot" now...   

You have a nice day now..

For Choz and pmg911, what are your takes on "false patriotism"?

pmg911

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2008, 09:48:43 AM »
I am going refrain from further comment on this thread because I don't want to say something that anyone might remotely thinks comes across the wrong way...

Randomhero423

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2008, 09:55:18 AM »

you are the posterchild for why the voting age is 18 and up.

yeah because when voting people should be really concerned about how they do the pledge of alligance.  i'm so immature i can't comprehend how it's important.  makes a lot of sense.

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2008, 10:06:06 AM »
For me. . the picture just shows a lack of political experience...would it be so hard to just throw your hand over your heart and not cause a stir...   its is little things like that middle America clings to and that, unfortunately, certain Republicans will harp on over and over..   just like Reve Wright...

I have said I am not voting for Barack Obama. . and for it because I just don't think he is qualified to be Preseident of the United States and I don't think he is as committed to our national defense as he should be at this time...  I will vote for McCain because I think the county will be a safer place...  but I vote with a lot reservations about the man.. . the largest being his age...

I respect your opinion on all of the above but all of the candidates have made mistakes durning their current runs for office. The article even states on other occassions Obama had his hand over his heart and recited the pledge. To me no big deal but that's my own personal view.

kjd01067

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2008, 10:53:38 AM »
Ive been checking in on this thread almost everyday because this race interests me and i have enjoyed reading what all parties have had to say.  In my opinion none of the candidates are a homerun choice.  Being a democrat myself I would probably vote for Obama.  Thing is guys whoever the democrat candidate is (likely Obama) will win NY(electoral college).  I assume most people on this board live in NY so your vote has almost already been made for you, thats the problem with electoral college.

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2008, 11:01:24 AM »
Choz, gimme some of that you be smokin'?

Randomhero423

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2008, 11:22:17 AM »
Quote:
Yesterday, in his big non-proliferation speech, McCain took his gaffes to a new level. He actually invented 20 years of negotiations between the United States and Tehran. In his speech, McCain said:

"Today, some people seem to think they've discovered a brand new cause, something no one before them ever thought of. Many believe all we need to do to end the nuclear programs of hostile governments is have our president talk with leaders in Pyongyang and Tehran, as if we haven't tried talking to these governments repeatedly over the past two decades."

McCain has clearly forgotten what Max Bergmann points out: The stated policy of the United States since April 7, 1980 has been that we don't talk to the Iranians. Never has the United States had communications, or tried to have communications, with the Iranian government on their nuclear program. Iran's nuclear communications have been limited to working through the European Union (led by France and Germany, countries John McCain has referred to as "vacuous" and "posturing").

HTGS_says_shutup

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2008, 11:24:44 AM »
Whoeva win, all I know is that the national nightmare gonna be ova come Jan. Least I hope. 

Can you please exaplin "national nightmare"..?

8 year of trampling the constitution.
8 year of thinkin torture the way to go.
8 year and Osama still on the run.
8 year and the economy in the dink.
8 year later and Haliburton got itself a 22 percent profit margin.
8 year and our allies dont trust us.
8 year and we got mo enemies than ever befo.
8 year and the ghettoz getting worse by the min.
8 year later and it still hard fo a decent man to get hisself a self-respectin  job.
8 year and that smirk still the same.
8 year and 4,080 bodies later.
8 year and we all worse off than we ever been in my life.

Should I stop, yo?

GREAT MENTALITY ALL AROUND-- TAKE THE MAN'S MONEY WHO WORKS (PRODUCTIVE MAN) AND GIVE IT TO THE MAN WHO DOESN'T WORK(nON-PRODUCTIVE MAN).

THAT'S WHAT I CALL THE AMERICAN DREAM!! ::)

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2008, 05:17:36 PM »
"The cost of liberty is less than the price of repression."

-W. E. B. Du Bois

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2008, 06:27:42 PM »
"Appeasement is feeding the dragon hoping he will eat you last."

- Really Smart Man
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!