Portland comes out strong.

• 80 replies
Re: Portland comes out strong.
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2008, 03:49:55 PM »
the racists will get desperate.  you can see they're coming out of the woodwork already.  that doesn't mean that anyone who doesn't like obama is racist.  far from it.  but putting his wife on the line??? please.

we could take the low road with mccain's wife...she had a three year affair with the senator while he was married.  she plagiarized a cookbook, which also speaks to her character.  she was a drug addict who stole prescription painkillers and who was never prosecuted for it thanks to the influence of her husband.  she won't give up her income tax info...although kerry's wife was badgered endlessly for the same "transgression".  this is a great model for first lady???

obama graduated magna cum laude from harvard law school...he's the first black to be elected president of the harvard law review.  mccain graduated fifth from the bottom of his class at the naval academy...and you can bet having a father and grandfather who served as admirals probably prevented him from getting kicked out altogether.

i think we've had enough of presidents who are intellectually challenged.  you konw what happened when the "bush is an idiot" jokes stopped being funny. 

« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2008, 04:22:36 PM »
obama graduated magna cum laude from harvard law school...he's the first black to be elected president of the harvard law review.  mccain graduated fifth from the bottom of his class at the naval academy...and you can bet having a father and grandfather who served as admirals probably prevented him from getting kicked out altogether.

i think we've had enough of presidents who are intellectually challenged.  you konw what happened when the "bush is an idiot" jokes stopped being funny. 

I will not question obama's intelligence, but to suggest that Mccain's family serving as admirals has something to do with him getting in or staying in is a fair statement. Can you also suggest that affirmative action may have gotten obama in harvard? Maybe obama got in harvard because obama senior conducted graduate studies there.  I dont know. I dont think anybody has ill-intent to start something here, but there are 2 sides to every viewpoint.

Of all the presidents that did serve their term well, i wonder what their graduation ranking was in their respective class?

« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 04:37:37 PM by NYCbuckeye »

« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2008, 04:40:31 PM »
i don't know if obama got into harvard via affirmative action.  if he did, it shows the program works. 

you have to realize some type of "affirmative action" was in play for mccain...and for bush getting into yale for that matter.  they turned their college opportunities into jokes. 

that's the difference between obama and the other two.

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2008, 04:52:24 PM »
i don't know if obama got into harvard via affirmative action.  if he did, it shows the program works. 

you have to realize some type of "affirmative action" was in play for mccain...and for bush getting into yale for that matter.  they turned their college opportunities into jokes. 

that's the difference between obama and the other two.

to turn your college opportunity into jokes means one day running for the presidential election, man thats a great deal. obama cannot be excluded in this assumption as well. if elected, he may become a big disappointment.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 04:53:21 PM by NYCbuckeye »

pmg911

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2008, 05:43:28 PM »
the racists will get desperate.  you can see they're coming out of the woodwork already.  that doesn't mean that anyone who doesn't like obama is racist.  far from it.  but putting his wife on the line??? please.

we could take the low road with mccain's wife...she had a three year affair with the senator while he was married.  she plagiarized a cookbook, which also speaks to her character.  she was a drug addict who stole prescription painkillers and who was never prosecuted for it thanks to the influence of her husband.  she won't give up her income tax info...although kerry's wife was badgered endlessly for the same "transgression".  this is a great model for first lady???

What President are referring to that is intellectually challenged..?  I hope its not the current one...   the man went to Yale and finished near the top of class @ Harvard Business....   just because he is not the greatest public speaker in the world doesn't mean he is "intellectually challenged"... 

As for Obama..   I ask this..    we are a country at war and he wants to be its next leader...   why hasn't he gone to Iraq and visit the troops there. . to see first hand what is going happening on the ground where our soldiers are fighting..?    why hasn't he made the time to have a one on one meeting with General Petreus or military leaders to voice his concerns or to even ask questions of the people leading our war..?

Obama will not make me feel safer as a citizen and I will definitely pay more taxes with him in the White House..

Randomhero423

« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2008, 06:10:22 PM »
he has gone to iraq. 

« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2008, 07:04:33 PM »
amazing... community organizer straight to the leader of the free world
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2008, 08:25:58 PM »

Only america....the greatest country in the world! LOL.

pmg911

« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2008, 08:43:07 PM »
he has gone to iraq. 

Not since he has announced his canidacy for President

Randomhero423

« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2008, 08:48:01 PM »

yeah let's forget that part about being a senator

Randomhero423

« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2008, 08:49:25 PM »
and i thought i heard somewhere obama is contemplating on visiting iraq (not with mccain.  i know that's def out of the question)

« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2008, 09:38:31 PM »
what does a token trip to iraq do???  will it change your vote??  let's be honest.  walking around secured areas and talking with "selected" troops doesn't get it.  that's not a trip to iraq.  it's a designer junket. 

it dishonors those making the sacrifices...but who cares about them?

Randomhero423

« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2008, 09:41:29 PM »
not mccain.

pmg911

« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2008, 08:00:49 AM »

and as a Senator. . what has the man governed..?(same olds true for McCain & Clinton)  do you know anything about Obama's voting record...

Here is one of those things/topics where your age does prevent you from knowing what you are talking about...... 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 08:05:24 AM by pmg911 »

pmg911

« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2008, 08:04:19 AM »
what does a token trip to iraq do???  will it change your vote??  let's be honest.  walking around secured areas and talking with "selected" troops doesn't get it.  that's not a trip to iraq.  it's a designer junket. 

That is just not true....   its is not token to the soliders there...    I have spoken to guys who met politicians in Iraq and means the world to them that they even make the effort..

Why not a meeting with the Commanders in Iraq. . one on one..

Krusty. .  you know I respect you and your views but you are one angry and bitter dude sometimes...

Randomhero423

« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2008, 09:54:34 AM »

and as a Senator. . what has the man governed..?(same olds true for McCain & Clinton)  do you know anything about Obama's voting record...

Here is one of those things/topics where your age does prevent you from knowing what you are talking about...... 

he usually voted for the majority and something about not voting at all and just voting he was present.

you cna't just say he was a city organizer because of tha though.  he was part of the senate.

and mccain agreed with bush 95% of the time in the last year or so.

« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2008, 07:12:10 PM »

That is just not true....   its is not token to the soliders there...    I have spoken to guys who met politicians in Iraq and means the world to them that they even make the effort..

Why not a meeting with the Commanders in Iraq. . one on one..

Krusty. .  you know I respect you and your views but you are one angry and bitter dude sometimes...

not angry and bitter...krusty.  i'm a krusty person.

i enjoy debating you.  you're a worthy opponent whose views i respect.   

mark twain wrote, "some see things the way they are and ask why.  i see things the way they can be and ask, why not?"  i guess the older i get, the more "why nots" i see.

as far as the troops in iraq being grateful because a politician shows up...i can tell you from first hand experience that back in the day we were grateful for the uso shows...and thought the politicians could shove it.  as you know, my cousin is a blackhawk pilot in iraq right now.  i'll ask her about it.

Randomhero423

« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2008, 11:09:38 AM »

pmg911

« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2008, 11:35:35 AM »
not mccain.

Do you think that John McCain..  a former Vietnam POW doesn't care about troops coming home..?

Randomhero423

« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2008, 11:50:46 AM »
he did say it wasn't "too important"