Robert Morris Game Thread

• 79 replies

boo3

Re: Jordan out for tonites game
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2014, 08:41:56 PM »
We are playing like we don't care.  The fans didn't show up because the NIT isn't somewhere anybody expected to be this season.  Jordan really missing the game because of a sore throat?  We are soft and have key players missing games for tonsillitis?   C'mon now...  Soft coach, soft team.

Yeah,  seriously..a sore throat?   All the choking they did down the stretch i guess.

Should be a fun off-season on the board.

paultzman

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2014, 08:45:48 PM »
We are playing like we don't care.  The fans didn't show up because the NIT isn't somewhere anybody expected to be this season.  Jordan really missing the game because of a sore throat?  We are soft and have key players missing games for tonsillitis?   C'mon now...  Soft coach, soft team.   I can take missing the NCAA's even though it sucked, but I can't take getting embarrassed like this..  I wish I hadn't tuned in...

Spot on Marcus!

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2014, 08:46:04 PM »
six minutes left and down 22 is when they decide to start playing

I wanna vomit.

cjfish

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2014, 08:48:17 PM »
seems like we have seen this before, will lavin ever inspire these guys to play 40 mnutes

MCNPA

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2014, 08:48:41 PM »
six minutes left and down 22 is when they decide to start playing

I wanna vomit.

Just like the providence game.  Our destiny was entirely in our hands.  Outworked in both games.  Now it might be too late here if we didn't slack off for 3/4 game. 

« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2014, 08:51:21 PM »
Why wait til 10seconds on shot clock to foul?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 08:52:07 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2014, 08:54:50 PM »
Good job by the NIT  giving St. John's a #1 seed. fail

« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2014, 08:55:04 PM »
This team has no guts

boo3

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2014, 09:02:56 PM »
 If I wasn't stuck at work I would watch Requiem for the Big East again.... Used to be fun to be a fan of this program,  it hasn't in a really, really long time. 

cjfish

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2014, 09:08:48 PM »
save on salary, bring back Norm, Cant get any worse!

« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2014, 09:42:38 PM »
We are playing like we don't care.  The fans didn't show up because the NIT isn't somewhere anybody expected to be this season.  Jordan really missing the game because of a sore throat?  We are soft and have key players missing games for tonsillitis?   C'mon now...  Soft coach, soft team.

Yeah,  seriously..a sore throat?   All the choking they did down the stretch i guess.

Should be a fun off-season on the board.
Are you sure it was tonsillitis? I heard he had a pebble in his sneaker!  :)

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2014, 10:16:08 PM »
Is this a team that doesn't give a shit or a team that just tuned out their coach? Is Linda right and a change needs to be made now, or stop extension talks, or this game does not mean anything in the long run and give Lavin an extension?

To be honest, I wish I was not right but I started seeing through the debacle last season when the team was completely disorganized and poorly coached.  And what really turned me against this staff was the constant excuse of being the youngest team in America?  What coach worth a nickel  absolves himself from responsibility by stating that?  Not even a Hugh school coach with many frosh and Sophs  in the line up goes around stating as such for losing.  They suck it up, deal with it and hope it pays dividends down the line.

If you really believe that things will get much better next year with this same group of players ( and less talent) then u are delusional. Even tonight, Lavin is referring to his team as Underclassman? So yes, I do believe a change should be made as sometimes you gave to take a few steps backward to forge ahead.

Re: Robert Morris Game Thread
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2014, 11:19:41 PM »
DLO 9 points on 3-13 shooting?  Not good, maybe he was unfamiliar with the rims.

MCNPA

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2014, 11:34:16 PM »
Is this a team that doesn't give a shit or a team that just tuned out their coach? Is Linda right and a change needs to be made now, or stop extension talks, or this game does not mean anything in the long run and give Lavin an extension?

To be honest, I wish I was not right but I started seeing through the debacle last season when the team was completely disorganized and poorly coached.  And what really turned me against this staff was the constant excuse of being the youngest team in America?  What coach worth a nickel  absolves himself from responsibility by stating that?  Not even a Hugh school coach with many frosh and Sophs  in the line up goes around stating as such for losing.  They suck it up, deal with it and hope it pays dividends down the line.

If you really believe that things will get much better next year with this same group of players ( and less talent) then u are delusional. Even tonight, Lavin is referring to his team as Underclassman? So yes, I do believe a change should be made as sometimes you gave to take a few steps backward to forge ahead.

You've got it all wrong.  This game wasn't about any of that.  We just didn't come to play.  We play much better defense, offense and everything else than we did today.  These kids didn't come out to play, period.  They wanted NCAA but unfortunately didn't earn it.  When we wanted to come back and play hard, we abused them.  We could have done it all game if our kids weren't moping.  What is a function if the coaches is the team's attitude and lack of mental toughness.  This game wasn't about poor coaching.  The coaching was fine. This  is the post-season and we've won most of our regular season games since we dumped the first 5.  Today, nobody was into it, and nobody wanted to play defense. 

Sadly it's part of the "instant gratification" culture that is prevalent now.  Kids don't think they have to play at 100-% every game to win! yet it breeds bad habits.  If one goes into a fight against an unknown opponent, expecting to win and going in lackadaisical is a recipe for disaster as we saw today. 

I'm glad Rysheed's tonsillitis is going to be better for the second round... ;-)

Poison

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2014, 11:38:15 PM »

You've got it all wrong.  This game wasn't about any of that.  We just didn't come to play.  We play much better defense, offense and everything else than we did today.  These kids didn't come out to play, period.  They wanted NCAA but unfortunately didn't earn it.  When we wanted to come back and play hard, we abused them.  We could have done it all game if our kids weren't moping.  What is a function if the coaches is the team's attitude and lack of mental toughness.  This game wasn't about poor coaching.  The coaching was fine. This  is the post-season and we've won most of our regular season games since we dumped the first 5.  Today, nobody was into it, and nobody wanted to play defense. 

Sadly it's part of the "instant gratification" culture that is prevalent now.  Kids don't think they have to play at 100-% every game to win! yet it breeds bad habits.  If one goes into a fight against an unknown opponent, expecting to win and going in lackadaisical is a recipe for disaster as we saw today. 

I'm glad Rysheed's tonsillitis is going to be better for the second round... ;-)

You had it right in the beginning of your post. They didn't care about this game. At all. And that's fine, because neither did I. It's pathetic enough to be in the NIT. And clearly the players agreed.

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2014, 11:39:36 PM »
Why do I get the feeling that Norm is smirking tonight?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 11:40:04 PM by Johnny4Life »

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2014, 11:49:01 PM »

The culture of the program is set up by the head coach.  The team DIDNT play hard the first 13 minutes of the 2nd half against Providence and didn't play hard for 33 minutes tonight.

That isn't a coincidence, that is a culture problem.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Dan

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2014, 11:49:15 PM »
Embarrassing season from Lavin, this seals it.  And people were talking extension...really?

« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2014, 12:13:04 AM »
On a sidenote unpopular for here but happy for my friend Andy Toole. Andy and I both went to same high school and both used to work at Hoop Group. Really great young coach. Thought he was Siena bound last year.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2014, 12:56:59 AM »
Adonis Delarosa was behind the bench sitting in front of Malik Boothe for about five minutes of game time before he left. Malik left early too, didn't get to catch up with him.