Phil Wait - C - Proctor Academy - Andover, NH - ST. JOHN'S

• 104 replies

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
Re: Phil Wait - C - Proctor Academy - Andover, NH - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2008, 03:53:47 PM »

Wow! The first 7 ft plus big man for St. John's in the last decade who can jump more than 6 inches off the ground!

LOL.. ;D .. Him, Coker & Evans(still growing) should form a nice trio at the center spot for the next few years.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 03:54:14 PM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2008, 04:24:08 PM »

Wow! The first 7 ft plus big man for St. John's in the last decade who can jump more than 6 inches off the ground!

LOL.. ;D .. Him, Coker & Evans(still growing) should form a nice trio at the center spot for the next few years.

I agree. As long as this guy lives up to the hype that he is getting on the St John's boards.

« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2008, 02:58:09 PM »
If only 10% of the guys lived up to the hype oldred gives on the boards, wed have won multiple national titles already.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2008, 02:45:37 PM »
If only 10% of the guys lived up to the hype oldred gives on the boards, wed have won multiple national titles already.

What the hell are u talking about son? Name ONE kid i have "hyped"... In case u missed it i provide articles/information/scouting reports on recruits found on the net & every once in a while i pass along something i've heard/seen around campus.... time to run back to redyawn.com now junior..  8) .. peace!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 03:25:34 PM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2008, 08:06:44 PM »

What the hell are u talking about son? Name ONE kid i have "hyped"... In case u missed it i provide articles/information/scouting reports on recruits found on the net & every once in a while i pass along something i've heard/seen around campus.... time to run back to redyawn.com now junior..  8) .. peace!

These are the type of posts that get you in trouble. Don't always be so defensive. You are an optimist, which is ok. You like to hype with your bold prints or colored fonts. Coker was the next Dikembe Mutombo. Just relax no need to insult anyone by calling them junior or rip another website either.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

pmg911

« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2008, 08:37:59 PM »

What the hell are u talking about son? Name ONE kid i have "hyped"...

Anthony Mason Jr., Dele Coker, Justin Burrell, DJ Kennedy, Paris Horne. Tomas Jasilounis, Malik Booth, Larry "sweet stroke" Wright, Rob Thomas...

« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2008, 08:52:12 PM »
Old Red---you hype like this team is a final four contender. You get over excited and boast you see the guys on campus and they are jacked.

Too bad these are not all recruits are 4/5stars players but you make them out to be.

Take a chill pill and relax.

« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2008, 11:23:06 PM »
no one has seen wait.  maybe he's the next joe alexander.  most of us will reserve judgement until he's suited up.

pmg911

« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2008, 07:24:12 AM »
no one has seen wait.  maybe he's the next joe alexander.  most of us will reserve judgement until he's suited up.

I have heard nothing but very good things about this kid...   I have spoken to two people who have seen multiple times and they both like his game a lot...   they also love that fact that he is 21 and not 18...

« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2008, 08:02:48 AM »

Sentiments most exact.
I think y'all gotta wait to see Wait.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2008, 10:48:17 AM »
Old Red---you hype like this team is a final four contender. You get over excited and boast you see the guys on campus and they are jacked.

Too bad these are not all recruits are 4/5stars players but you make them out to be.

Take a chill pill and relax.

No i don't son. I predicted 18 wins(which we would have reached had Mase not wrecked his ankle imo) last year. How is that making us out to be a Final 4 contender?

Like i said, all i do is report the FACTS. And the FACT is we brought in a very good recruiting class last year. A class that was ranked somewhere between 15-30 by the major recruiting services.

Take ur head out of ur ass & take my posts for what they are pal. Which is basically just "reporting" what others on the net(and our coaching staff) think of our players & recruits. If u don't like my "optomistic" view of the program don't read my posts. It's that simple.. 8) .. peace!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 10:53:54 AM by oldred10 »

Poison

« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2008, 02:44:03 PM »
 We would have is the excuse SJU for every season since Norm's second year.

05-06 - We would have won 18 games if Hill didn't get hurt.

06-07 - We would have won 18 games if Kitchen and Thomas were eligible, and that fairy in Conneticut didn't woman out on us.

07-08 - We would have won 18 games if Thomas wasn't rehabbing a knee, if Mase didn't get hurt, if Geno tried, if Burrell passed out of the double team, if Calhoun didn't transfer.....

08-09 - We would have won______________ if we had a new coach.

kjd01067

« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2008, 05:16:25 PM »
Once again everyone this thread is about Phil Wait... lets keep the conversation about him

« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2008, 05:42:22 PM »
how much eligibility does Wait have?  ...someone mentioned on redmen.com he might have only 3 years left... Anyone know?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

kjd01067

« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2008, 05:57:17 PM »
how much eligibility does Wait have?  ...someone mentioned on redmen.com he might have only 3 years left... Anyone know?

Pretty sure he has all four years left.  The school he played for last was the equivalent of a prep school in America.

« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2008, 11:47:56 PM »
Wait isn't going to be a savior so lets not make him out to be. He needs to add a lot of strength and he will see some time but he is expected to make more impact in his second season. If he can play then he can play but don't think we're getting a stud year 1. Even a guy like Hibbert was a bit of a project.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kjd01067

« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2008, 04:20:10 PM »

« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2008, 09:12:37 PM »
Good stuff on Phil. Can't wait to see him on the court.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2008, 11:22:33 AM »
http://yournabe.com/articles/2008/07/23/sports/sports_top_story/doc48874240d13c3528220057.txt

Wait lost 50 pounds at the Canary Basketball Academy, running up and down the beach and doing anaerobic workouts in the sea. After a year, some major Division I schools back in America came calling, like UCLA. But Wait had loyalty to St. John’s because of the interest Braica showed in him when he was far from at his best.

“I don’t want to be a tool,” he said. “I don’t want to be a cog in the machine. I want to be wanted.”

He arrived in Queens two weeks ago and so far his experience has been good. Wait gets along with his teammates — especially fellow center Dele Coker — and loves the Red Storm’s coaching staff. The offseason for him means getting stronger. At 245 pounds, St. John’s strength and conditioning coach Pat Dixon calls him “grossly undersized.”

“I hope to get him up to 265 by November,” Dixon said. “But I don’t know how feasible that is.”

Wait does have talent, though. He has a smooth jump hook and a strong mid-range jumper. Like most European big men, his offensive game is fairly refined, but his back-to-the-basket ability sets him apart, Red Storm coach Norm Roberts said.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 12:42:24 AM by JJ »

kob24

« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2008, 04:50:45 PM »
Yo burrell made big east all rookie team y'all can tell me who was the last johniie to do that. And again the double teams isn't his fault the opposing teams respected his animal so much they made it their game plan to double and triple team him it didn't help no one was cutting to the basket. But that's water under the bridge those where freshmen mistakes which he should have been allowed to make. Now we've been working out looking at game film trying to get ready for December. But I've heard good things about phil the only thing I will say is don't expect much he is still a freshman and needs to get stronger he needs time