Donald Williams - SF - Progressive Christian - Temple Hills, MD. - KENTUCKY

• 87 replies
Re: Donald Williams - SF - Progressive Christian - Temple Hills, MD.
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2008, 08:02:56 PM »
this is what you posted on june 21st...

"You dont have to rethink , we are in good shape with the class of 2009 and Norm will in all probability hold the ship."

yes, in respect of the class of 2009. The staff believes they are in good shape with that class, and would rather hold the ship than use it on Williams, but I was not referring to the program as a whole.
11 wins in the 4th year of the rebuilding project is not what anyone would have projected when Norm signed on board  4 plus years ago.

this is exactly why the staff has to be fired.  we're coming off an eleven win season...sign one three star player for 09 and the staff thinks we're ready to compete.

what's worse, they have people going on these sites to sell this to us.

I dont believe I said the staff thinks we're ready to compete did i ?
Again, I said they believe they are in good shape with the class of 2009 and would rather hold the remaining ship they have for 2009.
And who are these people on the sites ?
Are you referring to yours truly ?

in all honesty, i feel you're among those who feel compelled to sell the mediocrity.

in year five, you admit the staff doesn't think we're ready to compete.  we sign a three star player for 09 and you say the staff believes we're in good shape.  to follow the logic, not ready to compete equates with being in good shape.

i must be missing something here. 

You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Please reread my posts on this topic and dont distort what I wrote.
Where did I write the staff doesnt think we are ready to compete ?
I wrote that they are not extending an offer to Williams who is in the class of 2008 as they believe they are in good shape with the class of 2009 and would rather use the ship in 2009.
Lets please stay on topic which is DW and was he offered , was the offer withdrawn and the reasons behind the offer being withdrawn.
If competing means competing in the recruiting wars for the local class of 2009 then the staff does feel they can compete for this class. 
this is what you wrote a couple of days ago..."I dont believe I said the staff thinks we're ready to compete did i ?"  it's implicit in this quote that you believe the staff doesn't think we're ready to compete. 
it's far fetched to think we're in good shape and it's far fetched to believe we're competing for recruits when we're not even on one single five star player's radar.  and don't mention lance.  he's not going to college.

This thread is just shocking.
I did not say the staff thinks we are ready to compete for anything.
I said that the staff believes we are in good shape with the class of 2009 and would rather hold the remaining ship they have in 2008 for the class of 2009.
I dont believe we will get Lance and I do not believe we are high on Lance's radar but that is JMHO.
As for any 5 star recruit, to my knowledge no one is considering SJU.
If the staff reels in 2 top 100 players with the remaining 2 ships they have for 2009 , it will be a first and a drastic improvement on paper from what we have.
That is it, no  more, no less.
Please  dont put words in my mouth , I am more than capable of speaking for myself without distortion.
Have a happy July 4th. 

pmg911

« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2008, 08:29:45 PM »

I said that the staff believes we are in good shape with the class of 2009 and would rather hold the remaining ship they have in 2008 for the class of 2009.
I dont believe we will get Lance and I do not believe we are high on Lance's radar but that is JMHO.
If the staff reels in 2 top 100 players with the remaining 2 ships they have for 2009 , it will be a first and a drastic improvement on paper from what we have.
Please  dont put words in my mouth , I am more than capable of speaking for myself without distortion.
Have a happy July 4th. 

What is the difference between ebing in good shape for recruits and comopeteing for recruits..?

If the staff thinks we are in good hape for the 2009 calss. .  wouldn't that indicate they they think they will be able to compete for those recruits...?

« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2008, 09:56:28 PM »

Have a happy July 4th. 

What is the difference between ebing in good shape for recruits and comopeteing for recruits..?

If the staff thinks we are in good hape for the 2009 calss. .  wouldn't that indicate they they think they will be able to compete for those recruits...?

As I previously said lets all stay on topic.
The thread is about Donald Williams and the staff no longer offering him a ship as they believe they are in good shape with the class of 2009 and would rather use the ship there.
No need to play on words or distort. I believe my post is clear and nothing further needs to be said on the topic IMHO. 

« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2008, 10:28:04 PM »
Thanks for the info North...much appreciated
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2008, 11:14:31 PM »
the info on williams is right on.  redmannorth has good contacts and his information is reliable.

my problem is posters buying that perennial sub .500 seasons represents good shape.

« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2008, 09:30:24 AM »
No doubt the brother got some mad connections to the staff like JJ. One of the reasons why a lotta reliable news is broken here. Just wanna say I preciate all that. Y'all take care this Inedpendence Day.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2008, 01:05:30 PM »
My blog just blew up (figuratively) -  Donald Williams is going to... Kentucky?

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=842892

(man, I don't want Kentucky traffic!  Those people are freaking crazy!)

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2008, 06:25:37 PM »
No doubt the brother got some mad connections to the staff like JJ. One of the reasons why a lotta reliable news is broken here. Just wanna say I preciate all that. Y'all take care this Inedpendence Day.

Amen choz.. red's "word is bond".. 8) .. just another reason the jungle is usually one step AHEAD of the competition these days.. ;D ... plus, he is a good guy & a class act as well.

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS