Dominic Artis - PG - Oregon (transfer)

• 163 replies
Re: Dominic Artis - PG - Oregon (transfer)
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2014, 11:44:28 AM »
Artis should publicly apologize for past transgressions and talk about the measures he has taken to become a better person.  If he's genuine, public perception will be different.  Apologize, say you'll be a valued member of the St John's community, and thank the university for giving you a second chance. I know I'd feel better about his recruitment that way. 

« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2014, 12:02:39 PM »
Artis should publicly apologize for past transgressions and talk about the measures he has taken to become a better person. If he's genuine, public perception will be different. Apologize, say you'll be a valued member of the St John's community, and thank the university for giving you a second chance. I know I'd feel better about his recruitment that way.
In general I agree, but the issue is that artis's "past transgression" puts current students [potentially] at risk.  This isn't the same as if he shoplifted before and if he shoplifts again then just cut him, no harm no foul. 

« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2014, 12:14:53 PM »
Artis should publicly apologize for past transgressions and talk about the measures he has taken to become a better person. If he's genuine, public perception will be different. Apologize, say you'll be a valued member of the St John's community, and thank the university for giving you a second chance. I know I'd feel better about his recruitment that way.
In general I agree, but the issue is that artis's "past transgression" puts current students [potentially] at risk. This isn't the same as if he shoplifted before and if he shoplifts again then just cut him, no harm no foul.

Completely reasonable point. Tough situation. all things considered, I'd continue to explore ways to make it work. 

« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2014, 01:31:27 PM »
John Lucas

TONYD3

« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2014, 01:45:07 PM »
What did he do? Never was aressted . never charged , why shouldn't he play? Heisman trophy qb is playing for his second chpinship .

« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2014, 01:57:17 PM »
What did he do? Never was aressted . never charged , why shouldn't he play? Heisman trophy qb is playing for his second chpinship .
http://media.oregonlive.com/ducks_impact/other/14-04131.pdf

« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2014, 02:05:26 PM »
I'd have no problem with bringing him in.

Would help balance classes as well.

Sign him up!

« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2014, 02:38:24 PM »
I guess Lavins last hope is to bring in Mr.Marcus at the point.

pmg911

« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2014, 08:12:13 AM »

How could anyone want this kid on campus after reading that report.?

TONYD3

« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2014, 08:31:57 AM »
That report is really bad. If true he should be in jail. But what if its not true?

paultzman

« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2014, 08:39:04 AM »
That report is really bad. If true he should be in jail. But what if its not true?
It seems logical to assume our new Pres. will take the "err on the side of caution" approach. 

Poison

« Reply #131 on: December 04, 2014, 08:54:35 AM »
St.John's has had much worse—and people they've celebrated, too. Does this kid have a history of situations like this? If he doesn't, I'd give him a sec one chance.

Poison

« Reply #132 on: December 04, 2014, 09:02:11 AM »
St.John's isn't the judicial system. It is the height of hypocrisy when they attempt to be. 

« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2014, 09:02:16 AM »
The DA would have had a hard time to get a conviction with a jury after what I read especially with her getting together with Joe Young the following day.

pmg911

« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2014, 11:17:56 AM »
St.John's has had much worse—and people they've celebrated, too. Does this kid have a history of situations like this? If he doesn't, I'd give him a sec one chance.

Please do tell what St. John's basketball player has done "much worse" and been celebrated...?

Foad

« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2014, 01:57:34 PM »
Please do tell what St. John's basketball player has done "much worse" and been celebrated...?

Don't ask him, ask Gus Christofi.

pmg911

« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2014, 03:28:00 PM »

Yeah Jayson Williams did sooooo much wrong while he was at St. John's.

Foad

« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2014, 03:40:50 PM »
Yeah Jayson Williams did sooooo much wrong while he was at St. John's.
Good point, he only assaulted a fan with a chair while at Saint John's. He didn't murder anyone until he graduated. In any event, that wasn't the question. Good try though.

« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2014, 03:44:42 PM »
Let's use our best judgement and think before hitting 'post' here. 
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2014, 04:03:09 PM »
I didn't say anything about a basketball player.