Exhibition - St. Thomas Aquinas Game Thread

• 55 replies
Exhibition - St. Thomas Aquinas Game Thread
« on: November 08, 2014, 01:49:03 PM »
St. Thomas Aquinas today, sounds like a cyo team. It would be nice to blow out these scrubs and give the guys a little boost of confidence to head into the season. My hope for this game is that Jordan shows more patience and gets the ball to obekpa and Harrison in good positions to score. I'm also interested to see if either amar or jones can establish himself as the clear second option at the 4. Amar won the first round by default, but I can't imagine jones looking as bad today.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 02:40:25 PM by Dave »

Re: Last Exhibition
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 01:55:09 PM »
St. Thomas Aquinas today, sounds like a cyo team. It would be nice to blow out these scrubs and give the guys a little boost of confidence to head into the season. My hope for this game is that Jordan shows more patience and gets the ball to obekpa and Harrison in good positions to score. I'm also interested to see if either amar or jones can establish himself as the clear second option at the 4. Amar won the first round by default, but I can't imagine jones looking as bad today.

I dont think Jones looked bad at all. How did Amar play better then him in anyway?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 02:03:30 PM »
Obekpa coming of the bench? Here it goes again

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 02:10:59 PM »
just mentioned that Obkepa in street clothes due to an ankle tweak.

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 02:12:43 PM »
just mentioned that Obkepa in street clothes due to an ankle tweak.

I think he tweaked it at Staten Island practice. Probably precautionary.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 02:21:06 PM »
We look all kinds of bad. No urgency, no purpose. Cant win with pointer at the 4. Does not work offensively.

Chilleb

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 02:22:01 PM »
Phil greene might be the most over recruited player in the big east. Boy is he bad

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 02:28:44 PM »
Phil greene might be the most over recruited player in the big east. Boy is he bad

Shooter, nothing more.

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 02:30:29 PM »

Shooter, nothing more.

On a smarter team, he's a safe player who can shoot it a bit and defend. It's just we are a very flawed team, with no real offense that we run.

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 02:32:02 PM »
This team is SCARY bad w/o Obekpa.

Re: Exhibition - St. Thomas Aquinas Game Thread
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 02:41:12 PM »

Shooter, nothing more.

On a smarter team

Yes, hes part of the problem.

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 02:41:22 PM »

Shooter, nothing more.

Shooter? ???

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2014, 02:43:59 PM »
I think this team needs to identify when to shoot. Everyone is a little too pass happy. Also need to pass quicker too many times guys are being ball stoppers holding on to it.

It's early.

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2014, 02:46:58 PM »
I think this team needs to identify when to shoot. Everyone is a little too pass happy. Also need to pass quicker too many times guys are being ball stoppers holding on to it.

It's early.

Ball stopper's is right. Ive never seen teams pass the ball with less urgency

paultzman

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2014, 02:56:30 PM »
Years from now folks unfamiliar with Phil Greene will look at his career points & think that he must have been a solid player. Never trust stats on face value. Off balance jumpers, forced plays & dribbling around perimeter remain his staples.

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 03:07:27 PM »
Years from now folks unfamiliar with Phil Greene will look at his career points & think that he must have been a solid player. Never trust stats on face value. Off balance jumpers, forced plays & dribbling around perimeter remain his staples.

I think Phil Greene has been a very solid 4 year player. I think he's done as good as you could have expected out of a three star recruit. He gets bashed way too much on this board. I'm not in love with his game, but I do recall him single handedly saving us from some early season losses last season.

paultzman

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2014, 03:07:49 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: So less than a week before Isaiah Briscoe makes his decision, Steve Lavin gets him on campus. Well-played. #sjubb

paultzman

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2014, 03:16:56 PM »

I think Phil Greene has been a very solid 4 year player. I think he's done as good as you could have expected out of a three star recruit. He gets bashed way too much on this board. I'm not in love with his game, but I do recall him single handedly saving us from some early season losses last season.
Don't want to bash him, but,through his career, I believe he gets  more time than he deserves & I just don't see improvement in that span. Maybe I am being too hard on him.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 03:18:18 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2014, 03:20:14 PM »

Don't want to bash him, but,through his career, I believe he gets  more time than he deserves & I just don't see improvement in that span. Maybe I am being too hard on him.

He definitely should not have as many minutes as he has received throughout his career, I agree.

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2014, 03:23:13 PM »
Could watch Harrison play all day. Warrior.