Dwight Hardy - G - Indian Hills CC - Ottumwa, IA - ST. JOHN'S(Signed LOI)

• 177 replies

pmg911

Paris Horne doesn't have Wright's range but he's gotta move to the basket and although we didn't win much he was able to compete with just about everyone.

Paris was inconsistent, at best, against the stronger teams..

While he played well against UCONN, WVU & Cuse. .  he was in single digits against L'Ville, Duke, Nova & PITT...

Poison

Not saying Horne is Bootsy Thornton just that he had a good year. 13 and change from a soon who played most of the season with no pg is promising.

Paris Horne doesn't have Wright's range but he's gotta move to the basket and although we didn't win much he was able to compete with just about everyone.

While he played well against UCONN, WVU & Cuse. .  he was in single digits against L'Ville, Duke, Nova & PITT...

He was in foul trouble in all of those games!...I was @ the duke game n he had 3 fouls in the 1st half n picked up his 4th erly in the 2cd...he didnt even play that much that game

pmg911

He was in foul trouble in all of those games!...I was @ the duke game n he had 3 fouls in the 1st half n picked up his 4th erly in the 2cd...he didnt even play that much that game

So in the games where he had to defend better players he wasn't up to par on the defensive end..?

peter

• Rumble in the Garden

So in the games where he had to defend better players he wasn't up to par on the defensive end..?
False correlation, PMG.  He was in single digits against Richmond, because he had a bad shooting game.  He shot decently against Marquette twice, and Jerel McNeal was one of the best players in the conference.  As is Syracuse's guard tandem of Flynn and Devendorf. 

Horne's output in the 2 ND games was different, yet he was checking McAlarney both contests.

You should stick with your original point.  Paris was inconsistent. 

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Some more video on Hardy...

Hardy's #3, shooting off the dribble in the second video?

Some more video on Hardy...

Hardy's #3, shooting off the dribble in the second video?

Correct
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

False correlation, PMG.  He was in single digits against Richmond, because he had a bad shooting game.  He shot decently against Marquette twice, and Jerel McNeal was one of the best players in the conference.  As is Syracuse's guard tandem of Flynn and Devendorf. 

Horne's output in the 2 ND games was different, yet he was checking McAlarney both contests.

Terrance Williams didn't like playing against Paris Horne so much either

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=290392599

I think Paris had some great games and didn't have some great games. Then again look around the country and find players who have great games all the time. There aren't many of them. Either way Paris is a very valuable asset to this team and I think he has a great deal of potential to be a very nice 4 year player for us. Lets not point the finger at a guy who played close to 40 mpg and busted his butt all the time. Finished the season playing 5 games with 40+ minutes, one being the OT win over Georgetown where he played 45 mins

Marillac

I wouldn't even say he played well against Syracuse.  He scored most of his points after the game was decided and they were dancing and laughing.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden

I wouldn't even say he played well against Syracuse.  He scored most of his points after the game was decided and they were dancing and laughing.
But then you can't say he (in particular) didn't play well against them - that game was a team-wide failure.  Really, a coaching failure, they had no control of that Syracuse game and that goes to preparation, talent, scheme...

Also, the "played well" line applies to his offense.  Personally, I thought he played decently against Pitt, but without the recording of the game I can't speak to his defensive effectiveness.  And Paris put up points against Marquette... but that team wasn't slowed down by his efforts, steals aside. 

The value of Paris is more than just points - and IMO, I think he shouldn't be seen as a points-generator and should not have to jack up 10+ shots per game.  I'd rather see him devote a little more energy  to being a defensive stopper (and get a little more rest).  He's a decent scorer and shooter in the open court, and okay in the half court, but Paris shouldn't be an offensive focal point.

I do think he competes better than Avery did, by far.  Will Hardy have that same energy or is he more interested in looking for his shot?  That will determine how much time Dwight gets on the floor (to bring this thread back to its original topic).

I do see Hardy as a better Avery Patterson becuase he will bring a scoring element that is a little more than catch and shoot. Avery didn't dare put the ball on the floor but one thing I think Avery brought to the table that I don't know if Hardy can bring is defensive rebounding. Avery was surprisingly a pretty solid guy on the defensive boards.

I think Hardy will be able to score off the dribble, work harder to get open, more IQ in getting free from his man(if norm actually runs some sets for him), and being able to catch and shoot. I don't mean to sound like I'm over hyping Hardy either. I think he will be pretty serviceable though and could be valuable if used properly.

pmg911

Peter..  I wasn't making a correlation. I was asking a question, that is why I had a "?" at the end of it..?

kob24

dwight better get alot of minutes

if he can hit threes the kid needs to play.
kob i think you owe rashard lewis an apology
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

kob24

damn that im pissed. lebron was the only one to stop kobe now he is gonna get a damn championship, damn lewis. kobe is gonna destroy them. i hope they are happy

mkras99

Why?

damn that im pissed. lebron was the only one to stop kobe now he is gonna get a damn championship, damn lewis. kobe is gonna destroy them. i hope they are happy

No one is gonna stop Kobe but Dwight Howard is gonna kill Bynum and Gasol down low.  Nice to see Dozo's Rafer Alston enjoying the limelight.

No one is gonna stop Kobe but Dwight Howard is gonna kill Bynum and Gasol down low.  Nice to see Dozo's Rafer Alston enjoying the limelight.

just watch. people have been overlooking orlando the whole year. they cause tons of match up problems. they beat the lakers two times this year
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

kob24

im pissed. and happy. rafer wont coach with us until vegas. and if they win it all he probaly gonna be on his bullshit and take the whole summer off. that means it wont be popping at the strip clubs this year in vegas.
and mkrass i was saying he better get the ball because he will be our best scorer. just get him open thats all. set a few stagger screens work inside out and we wont be scoring no damn 40 points a game.