Coach Lavin's Gameday Attire

• 42 replies

desco80

Coach Lavin's Gameday Attire
« on: December 13, 2014, 10:55:28 AM »
Let's see where the fan base comes down on this issue....

Foad

Re: Coach Lavin's Gameday Attire
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 11:22:11 AM »
Let's see where the fan base comes down on this issue....

How do I write in "No, I find his dressing like a mental patient hilarious" 

hnk

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 11:36:09 AM »
Greene says he thinks he shoots better when Coach is not showing off his sartorial splendor.  CO is leaving because too much attention is being paid to Coach's dress and not enough to his short shorts.

Foad:  I normally ignore you, but I think you are focusing on the wrong mental patients.  Coach and his sweats and 7-1 record are laughing all the way to MSG.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 11:41:26 AM »
I guess things are really good when the only things we have to talk about is the coaches attire and Twitter rumors from Jordan....How many times has Belicheck been crtiticsized for his shabby sweatshirts that he wears on game day.                    
Why can't we enjoy the right now and not nitpick every freaken thing...There is going to be drama during the season and after the season, that will gives us plenty to talk about.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 11:52:48 AM »
Couldn't care less what another man wears. Now the dance coach is another story. No sweats for her please.

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 11:54:34 AM »
Not gonna lie, it bothers me way more than it should. The sneakers thing for cancer was cool, then the blazer with a dress shirt and no tie was acceptable, the jeans vs NJIT 2 years ago was pretty lazy but at least it didn't look ridiculous. The sweatsuit under a jacket look is just absolutely absurd. I'd rather he just go Bob Huggins style and go without the jacket.

hnk

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 12:11:28 PM »
Would've made tourney last year if he was dressed properly.  Briscoe refused to play for a guy in sweats.

Foad

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 12:13:08 PM »
I guess things are really good when the only things we have to talk about is the coaches attire and Twitter rumors from Jordan....How many times has Belicheck been crtiticsized for his shabby sweatshirts that he wears on game day. Why can't we enjoy the right now and not nitpick every freaken thing...There is going to be drama during the season and after the season, that will gives us plenty to talk about.

According to Google, Belichek's attire has been discussed at least 105,000 times: belichick hoodie. About 105,000 results (0.18 seconds). Taking into account synonyms and search equivalents, it's probably close to half a million discussions.  When you're through reading through those several hundred thousand pages and posting your disapproval of them in the comments section could you explain please how someone mentioning Lavin's clothes diminishes your enjoyment of college basketball? And when you're through with that could you explain why the enjoyment that you take from college basketball is more important than the enjoyment others take from discussing Lavin's clothes?

Consider: there are on this website 100s of threads discussing recruiting. Personally I don't care about recruiting and in fact I consider the energy and effort that fans expend tracking the exploits of high school students absurd, pointless and in some cases frankly pretty disturbing. But I don't post in each of those threads that no one should discuss recruiting because I personally don't care about recruiting and take no enjoyment from those discussions. Because the enjoyment that people take from discussing recruiting has no effect on my relationship with college basketball, such as it is. Why do you and your ilk find it so hard to extend that same courtesy to posters who have interests other than your own? Desco enjoys complaining about Lavin's clothing, of which he disapproves. And then posters who disapprove of Desco's disapproval of Lavin's clothing complain that Desco is complaining about Lavin's clothing -- because in the opinion of the complainers no one should be complaining. Do you see how absurd that is? Because it's pretty intercoursing absurd.

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 12:22:00 PM »
This is probably the biggest #$%^ing joke thread I've ever seen.

A bunch of grown men critiquing what our basketball coach wears. You guys sound like a bunch of #$%^ing nancys. Get over yourselves.

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2014, 12:29:02 PM »
This is probably the biggest #$%^ing joke thread I've ever seen. A bunch of grown men critiquing what our basketball coach wears. You guys sound like a bunch of #$%^ing nancys. Get over yourselves.
Yes, because discussing what a 19 year old posts on instagram/retweets on twitter is so much better.

boo3

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2014, 12:35:39 PM »
Poll results say it all. Move along
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 12:36:22 PM by boo3 »

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2014, 12:35:46 PM »
Another dumb topic.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2014, 12:47:04 PM »
I guess things are really good when the only things we have to talk about is the coaches attire and Twitter rumors from Jordan....How many times has Belicheck been crtiticsized for his shabby sweatshirts that he wears on game day. Why can't we enjoy the right now and not nitpick every freaken thing...There is going to be drama during the season and after the season, that will gives us plenty to talk about.
According to Google, Belichek's attire has been discussed at least 105,000 times: belichick hoodie. About 105,000 results (0.18 seconds). Taking into account synonyms and search equivalents, it's probably close to half a million discussions. When you're through reading through those several hundred thousand pages and posting your disapproval of them in the comments section could you explain please how someone mentioning Lavin's clothes diminishes your enjoyment of college basketball? And when you're through with that could you explain why the enjoyment that you take from college basketball is more important than the enjoyment others take from discussing Lavin's clothes? Consider: there are on this website 100s of threads discussing recruiting. Personally I don't care about recruiting and in fact I consider the energy and effort that fans expend tracking the exploits of high school students absurd, pointless and in some cases frankly pretty disturbing. But I don't post in each of those threads that no one should discuss recruiting because I personally don't care about recruiting and take no enjoyment from those discussions. Because the enjoyment that people take from discussing recruiting has no effect on my relationship with college basketball, such as it is. Why do you and your ilk find it so hard to extend that same courtesy to posters who have interests other than your own? Desco enjoys complaining about Lavin's clothing, of which he disapproves. And then posters who disapprove of Desco's disapproval of Lavin's clothing complain that Desco is complaining about Lavin's clothing -- because in the opinion of the complainers no one should be complaining. Do you see how absurd that is? Because it's pretty intercoursing absurd.

and all those posts clearly say that bellicheck is disgracing the patriots, and that Kraft is helpless to stop him from changing his attire...Because in general people don't care as long as you win...Point taken on the thread count. Where did I say that this thread diminishes my enjoyment? I said that things are pretty good when we're discussing the coaches attire. The reason why I responded was because of the choices that I could see (please see above for 3rd choice option .01sec) this thread itself calls into question of is this thread ridiculous? which I selected yes it is... I did not say not to post any particular thread, just followed on the simple instructions that this survey asked. Clearly most people find this topic silly (just by following the instructions on this thread and survey. Which was enjoyable to follow, for the record. 
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2014, 01:00:40 PM »
This is probably the biggest #$%^ing joke thread I've ever seen. A bunch of grown men critiquing what our basketball coach wears. You guys sound like a bunch of #$%^ing nancys. Get over yourselves.
Yes, because discussing what a 19 year old posts on instagram/retweets on twitter is so much better.

I believe it is. One is about a player on the team, and his emotions about a decision our Coach made to remove him from the starting lineup. A decision that effects the final score at the end of the game, and ultimately our W-L record.

The other has no influence.

Would love to hear an argument on how Steve Lavin's track suit effects our W-L record.

I know for a fact Rysheed Jordan's motivation and attitude will effect our W-L record.

Furthermore, Your attempt to marginalize the discussion by using 19 yr. old is laughable. Let's call him what he is: 19 year old, St. John's Guard, top 15 recruit, key piece on a top 25 team.

So yeah, I'd say that discussing THAT 19 yr. old's tweets which are about a situation with the starting lineup which WILL effect games, is much "better" than discussing what Lavin is wearing.

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2014, 01:06:10 PM »
Absurd topic/thread. If you want to poke fun at it that's great and it can be funny. But to suggest he's disrespecting the program/university is just fishing for another thing to complain about. Let him wear what he's comfortable wearing.

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2014, 01:27:41 PM »
Do you see what some students wear around campus, this is a ridiculous topic. 

TONYD3

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2014, 01:50:16 PM »
I am glad this topic was brought up. It  is beyond dumb. So much nonsense has been going on this board lately. I am sorry that I contributed to it. We have a good team that is getting better. I am enjoying it. Hope everyone else is.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 01:57:14 PM by TONYD3 »

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2014, 02:26:09 PM »
Seriously who cares what he wears?

Let's just make it like baseball and make the coaches wear jerseys. It will end all debate.

cjfish

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2014, 02:49:33 PM »
He can wear a skirt and go topless if sju makes the torney and wins a couple

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2014, 03:44:41 PM »
lol  I could care less.
If I was coach, I'd be in sneakers, jeans, and a sweatshirt.
I could care less about what people say how I look.
I'd be making a million coaching a year while everyone on here has their everyday jobs to go to.

Only thing that i'll say is, if you want to put on a sweatsuit and sneakers then why put on a blazer? He looks like an idiot.
If you want the blazer, then yeah put on a dress shirt and shoes.