• 37 replies

Re: Updated Carnesecca Renovations Artist Photos
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 09:58:54 AM »
wasn't this posted a while back?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 12:43:55 PM »
wasn't this posted a while back?

yes, but these are updated pics, a bit different in the student section...

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 12:45:02 PM »
what is different? I really don't notice much difference

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 01:04:24 PM »
what is different? I really don't notice much difference

your right, i was just noticing the minor details...

the original photo gallery showed the student section elevated with 6 total student rows....new photos show 8 rows (last 2 being 1/2 rows) and beginning ground level..

they also have pics of carnesecca plaza and other contruction photos..

http://www.stjohns.edu/campuses/facilities

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 01:04:30 PM »
Click this link to see actual photos from the construction.

http://redstormsports.cstv.com/genrel/062408aac.html

QUEENS, N.Y. - Before the reconstruction of St. John's historic Carnesecca Arena, first must come the "de-construction." Renovation crews have been laboring since the close of the University's spring semester to bring St. John's and its fans a modernized facility. To date, extensive work has been done to the exterior drainage system, and the building's interior lobby and lower bowl have been decimated to make room for the certain progress to come.

Fans can check RedStormSports.com, St. John's Official Athletics Website, every two weeks for the latest construction photos and renovation updates.

Home to the St. John's Athletics Program since 1961, the arena is in the middle of a $5 million interior renovation as part of a multi-phase upgrade to the facility, announced in April. A new playing surface, an overhauled seating bowl with 800 chairback seats, and enhanced ticketing and lobby areas are among the series of changes Red Storm fans will see prior to the start of the 2008-09 season.

This summer's Phase II renovations focus on Carnesecca Arena's interior and seating bowl. Upon completion, St. John's fans will enjoy a completely renovated interior, with brilliant sight-lines from each of the arena's 6,000-plus seats. Red Storm supporters will enjoy viewing athletic events in a climate-controlled atmosphere, making for a superior game experience. With the addition of 800 chair-back seats to the lower seating bowl, fans have the opportunity to get close to the action with an enhanced level of comfort - the intimacy of Carnesecca Arena will remain intact, while the overall fan experience is improved. St. John's most generous benefactors will be able enjoy the excitement of courtside seating - donors can catch the thrill of Red Storm basketball up-close, as the athletes enjoy a newly-refurbished hardwood playing surface.

In addition, Phase II calls for a renovation of the Carnesecca Arena lobby, with the ticketing area moved to the East end of the building. Ticket windows will cater to Red Storm fans on the exterior of the arena, alleviating lobby congestion.

Future renovations for the historic venue include a refurbishing of the locker room areas and administrative offices, a renovated space for a museum area, where legendary individuals, teams and moments from throughout St. John's history would forever be enshrined, and a reconditioning of the arena's exterior façade, matching Carnesecca to its adjoining counterpart, the state-of-the-art Taffner Field House basketball training facility.

Headed by former St. John's All-American and longtime NBA star Mel Davis, the Carnesecca Initiative is the University's major fundraising venture to support the expansive renovations. Early leadership gift commitments have helped to move the first phases of the renovations forward and additional gifts will be needed to complete the full vision. For information about upcoming Carnesecca Initiative events, naming opportunities in the new Carnesecca Arena, or to make a donation, please contact Davis at 718-990-2374 or by e-mail at davism1@stjohns.edu.

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 01:09:37 PM »
LOoks like their was only 1 or 2 guys working there. ;) St Johns might look like a real college campus yet

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 11:18:19 AM »
yeah they posted some pics of what the new UC is going to look like inside as well. Between that, the new townhouses, and the carnasseca renovations ...it appears the school is moving forward. Also, i just noticed they posted pics of the 1million dollars renovations coming to montgoris this summer.

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 11:27:25 AM »
the new UC looks awesome

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 09:25:10 AM »
http://redstormsports.cstv.com/view.gal?id=29886

My favorite picture is #37 - the guy taking the blow-torch to those horrendous roll-out wooden bleachers put a big smile on my face..  :o ;D 8) .. Good job Monasch!

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 04:51:10 PM »
http://redstormsports.cstv.com/sports/m ... 08aab.html

as of july 30... we are way behind schedule....

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 11:27:50 AM »
JJ,

You are making the picture crew at St. John's step up their game. They took pictures from the roof for a street view. It is really nice to see the progress.

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 11:58:28 AM »
JJ,

You are making the picture crew at St. John's step up their game. They took pictures from the roof for a street view. It is really nice to see the progress.

They definitely stepped up their game and I'm happy to give them the push. I know for a fact a few things they have done this offseason is in direct response to what we have done here. So if I'm responsible for pushing them to do more thats great.

Also they have done a lot on the court itself since I visited last week.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 12:09:44 PM »
They'd better get the court ready, they've got games in November!

aside: these Cornell guys (http://cornellbasketball.blogspot.com/2008/08/schedule-update-who-could-cornell-play.html) seem to think that St. John's would be likely to host the 3rd and 4th matches of the preseason NIT if they, of course, don't win the Boston College pod.  I think the NIT won't want to cut down attendance by having competing events a few miles away.

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 12:20:37 PM »
They'd better get the court ready, they've got games in November!

aside: these Cornell guys (http://cornellbasketball.blogspot.com/2008/08/schedule-update-who-could-cornell-play.html) seem to think that St. John's would be likely to host the 3rd and 4th matches of the preseason NIT if they, of course, don't win the Boston College pod.  I think the NIT won't want to cut down attendance by having competing events a few miles away.

I also notice they paired us against Florida Atlantic and you-know-who...interesting to see what would happen if he showed up in CA.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 01:43:52 PM »
A couple of people would give him big hugs.  And there would be a lot of booing.  I can just hear the CHEATER chants right now.

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 02:59:38 PM »
A couple of people would give him big hugs.  And there would be a lot of booing.  I can just hear the CHEATER chants right now.

Uncle Phil!

Is his son Jarvis Jr. aka Carlton on the staff?

gonzalo

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2008, 03:19:40 AM »

Uncle Phil!

Is his son Jarvis Jr. aka Carlton on the staff?

Yes.

http://fausports.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/072308aab.html