Updated Carnesecca Renovations Artist Photos

• 37 replies
Re: Updated Carnesecca Renovations Artist Photos
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2008, 09:09:23 AM »
Updated photos as of August 29th on the St. John's Official site.

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2008, 01:14:28 PM »
Updated photos as of August 29th on the St. John's Official site.

Look like it gotta long ways to go.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 05:40:40 PM »
no one can complain that they're not keeping us informed.

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2008, 11:09:21 PM »
http://redstormsports.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/stjo-carnesecca-initiative.html#

the floor looks nice..can't wait to just see some ball played on it.

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2008, 12:03:03 AM »
The black looks awesome. I wish they would have gotten new railings instead of just repainting the old ones but even repainting is an upgrade. What really needs to be upgraded is the basement of CA too. Its just terrible down there
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kjd01067

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2008, 11:04:29 AM »
The court does look pretty awesome.  I am looking forward to seeing how the new court side seating will look.  Who ever is in charge of taking these pictures and updating them online is doing a great job.

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2008, 11:08:27 AM »
Court does look good. Looking forward to see what the finished product looks like.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2008, 11:43:37 AM »
Now it looks like the spots on the baseline are small which is where student seating is supposed to be. They are trying to create two student sections....Red and White and when you get your season ticket package you will be designated to either side. I'm completely against this idea because I've been trying so hard to unite the student body and this plan only separates them once again. You also limit the size of your student section this way, if they wanted to get chants going you will only have 50% of the students doing it(one side of the court).

Why would they not make a student section across the side of the court, this way if the team actually got to top 25 status and more students wanted to attend you could accommodate them, you could also have all students wear red it would look great on TV all students filling up one sideline with a sea of red.

I also know that if seating is tight on the baseline students will be hassled by public safety non stop during the game if they jump up and down and go near the court even though they have no intention of going onto the court.

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2008, 12:42:22 PM »
Now it looks like the spots on the baseline are small which is where student seating is supposed to be. They are trying to create two student sections....Red and White and when you get your season ticket package you will be designated to either side. I'm completely against this idea because I've been trying so hard to unite the student body and this plan only separates them once again. You also limit the size of your student section this way, if they wanted to get chants going you will only have 50% of the students doing it(one side of the court).

Why would they not make a student section across the side of the court, this way if the team actually got to top 25 status and more students wanted to attend you could accommodate them, you could also have all students wear red it would look great on TV all students filling up one sideline with a sea of red.

I also know that if seating is tight on the baseline students will be hassled by public safety non stop during the game if they jump up and down and go near the court even though they have no intention of going onto the court.

If I understand you correctly, the one thing is that they can finally have students attempt to annoy the ft shooters at CA. The last few years it's been a morgue or a retirement community on either side. With the student section as small as it currently is, it does seem short-sided to split them in half, but perhaps they're trying to be forward-thinking or ambitious.

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2008, 12:43:47 AM »
Its looking pretty nice. I wonder if they are doing anything with concession this year. Last year was a mess.

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2008, 09:05:45 AM »
Its looking pretty nice. I wonder if they are doing anything with concession this year. Last year was a mess.

Yes. The concession area window has been made larger so they will be able to server more people. Don’t quote me, but I think they said they were doubling the line capacity.

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2008, 02:14:41 AM »
it looks pretty good.  remember, our best games should always be at MSG.

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2008, 04:18:33 PM »
Evrytime I see that photo of Louie C up on them shoulders of Billy and Malik, I get myselves all emotional and whatnot. Evrytime.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.