Lamont Jones - PG - American Christian School - Aston, PA - IONA

• 560 replies

Lotta people out there compare Momo to Corey Fisher. I think there is some of the same, no doubt, but I think they just do that cause both is the same height and is light skinned brothers.

I always thought Momo remind me of former Rice star Jerry McCullough who took his game to Pitt back in the early 90s. Momo shoot it the same way (form) Jerry did back in the day and Jerry could shoot long range Js. Plus both was more scoring first, good handle and good penetration. Both needed work runnin a team.

Now I aint seen Momo in some time. He been bouncin around ever since he left Rice, which I contend was a mistake. He aint a bad kid, just got hisself some lousy advice. Anyways, he doin his thing at Oak Hill and is puttin up some numbers from what I seen. And Oak Hill aint no joke. Look like he filled hisself out from what I seen in the summer. He ready fo D1. 

Just imagine what the CHSAA woulda been like this season if Momo, Omari and Kev was still around.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 09:18:21 AM by Choz4Life »
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

pmg911

He aint a bad kid, just got hisself some lousy advice.

what was lousy about the advice to get out of the city..?

'Less you is in a real bad situation, I advice players to stay in the city and be loyal to the school that's loyal to them. 

Momo was treated good at Rice. He wuz a good student. He wuz gonna be Kemba's heir, but wuz already gettin major mins as an underclassman.

Always weary of when a brother leave the city fo some of these preps. Sometime it work out. Sometime it dont. Momo had good structure here. A lotta righteous brothers had his best in mind. He wudn't on the streets. He didnt have a bounty on his head. This aint no Lee Green situation.

Then they is the fallout out on NYC ball. It been fallin apart wit the departures. Games aint what they use to be. Its like NCAA ball wit all the stars goin to the league. Its gettin watered down - no offense to the hardcore brothers who play day in and out for the CHSAA and PSAL.

Momo seem to be in fine hand 'cept fo the college shoppin around, so I guess it wudn't the wrong decison. Just rather he stay at Rice and become an NYC name.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

pmg911

'Less you is in a real bad situation, I advice players to stay in the city and be loyal to the school that's loyal to them. 

Momo was treated good at Rice. He wuz a good student. He wuz gonna be Kemba's heir, but wuz already gettin major mins as an underclassman.

Always weary of when a brother leave the city fo some of these preps. Sometime it work out. Sometime it dont. Momo had good structure here. A lotta righteous brothers had his best in mind. He wudn't on the streets. He didnt have a bounty on his head. This aint no Lee Green situation.

Then they is the fallout out on NYC ball. It been fallin apart wit the departures. Games aint what they use to be. Its like NCAA ball wit all the stars goin to the league. Its gettin watered down - no offense to the hardcore brothers who play day in and out for the CHSAA and PSAL.

Momo seem to be in fine hand 'cept fo the college shoppin around, so I guess it wudn't the wrong decison. Just rather he stay at Rice and become an NYC name.

Completely agree about city getting a bit watered down talent wise...  seeing all the kids leave is frustrating to say the least.

I thought MoMo left because his Mother wanted him in a better environment. I remember reading article that she wanted to get him out of the city.

Personally, I would rather see a concerned parent, if it was the case, looking out for their child's best interest then some of these kids today that are led around by AAU coaches or "advisors"

He is more of a shoot first PG I hope he is not looking here unless someone transfers
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

Completely agree about city getting a bit watered down talent wise...  seeing all the kids leave is frustrating to say the least.

I thought MoMo left because his Mother wanted him in a better environment. I remember reading article that she wanted to get him out of the city.

Personally, I would rather see a concerned parent, if it was the case, looking out for their child's best interest then some of these kids today that are led around by AAU coaches or "advisors"

two CHSAA high-major prospects are transferring.  one outside nyc one to psal.  that's the hot rumor rite now.

LJSA

two CHSAA high-major prospects are transferring.  one outside nyc one to psal.  that's the hot rumor rite now.

So when is Pinkston going to Lincoln?

So when is Pinkston going to Lincoln?

St Anthonys and Lincoln, no doubt

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/recruitinginsider/2009/04/former_va_tech_recruit_looking.html?wprss=recruitinginsider

Jones has scheduled a visit to Southern California and also is interested in Florida. He said he also has heard from coaches at Kentucky, Arkansas and Duke, while Coach Steve Smith said that Seton Hall and St. John's also had made inquiries. But it seems unlikely he will consider those schools because, he said, "There's not a lot of time left in the process. You can't get to know a person in a two- or four-week time frame."

kob24

One is joey dela rosa. He may go to st.Anthony

One is joey dela rosa. He may go to st.Anthony

wasn't talking about him.  tbh he plays like a player who doesn't want to play but since he's 6'10 he's forced too

http://www.nbadraft.net/node/5062

Sr. G Lamont "MoMo" Jones - 5-11, 190 lbs. - Undeclared
Jones, who recently pulled out of a Virginia Tech commitment, was the best player on the court beyond a shadow of a doubt. He has an incredible feel for the game, looks just as comfortable setting up his teammates as scoring himself and plays strong defense. Maybe part of that is because he's still playing for something - a bigger, better offer than the ones he has on the line right now. All I know is, if a team like Duke misses out on John Wall and Eric Bledsoe, MoMo can really play.

Lamont to USC

kob24

Zona

Moose

Transferring per Jeff Goodman

http://bit.ly/iiK7uQ

Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

MoMo Jones to transfer
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2011, 09:26:15 PM »
announced it tonight apparently.  Don't know to where just yet?

Re: MoMo Jones to transfer
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2011, 09:28:51 PM »
Transfering is his hobby